During the COVID-19 pandemic our Surgeons at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery adjusted their consultation approaches to adhere to restrictions. Virtual consultations emerged as a favoured choice, enabling patients to connect with our Surgeons remotely. Despite the absence of restrictions now and recognising the convenience and accessibility of virtual consultations, Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery still offers this option to both new and existing patients.
Our virtual consultations take place through an online video service using either your phone or computer which provides a convenient and interactive way for you to connect with your Surgeon.
How much does a Virtual Consultation Cost?
The fee for a virtual consultation is $300.00.
- You will receive a call from the Surgeon’s Patient Liaison Team to address any initial inquiries or concerns you may have.
- You will have a one-on-one virtual consultation with the Surgeon of your choice, where you can discuss your specific requirements and ask any questions related to your procedure.
- A consultation will range from 30-60 minutes in length depending on the procedure/s you are wishing to discuss.
- You will receive an estimate of the costs for your desired procedure, providing you with details on the financial outlay.
- If you wish to proceed to surgery you will be able to schedule a face to face consultation with your surgeon, allowing for a physical examination, photos for your medical file and further discussion of your goals.
- Following on from the face to face consultation, you will receive a finalised quote that outlines the exact costs and details of your proposed surgical plan.
- We understand that you have already paid $300 for the virtual consultation and there will be no additional cost for this in-person consultation.
Do I need a Referral for a Virtual Consultation?
As of 1st July, 2023, it became a requirement for all patients to have a referral before scheduling a consultation with a plastic surgeon. This applies to both in-person and virtual consultations. The referral serves as an important document that provides essential information about the patient’s medical history and allows the plastic surgeon to assess their condition and determine the most appropriate course of treatment.
What do I need to do before a Virtual Consultation?
Before your virtual consultation, the Surgeon you are seeing may ask you to take a series of photos. These images serve as a valuable visual aid in assessing your anatomy and understanding your specific concerns and desired outcomes.
Any photos you provide will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and used solely for the purpose of evaluating your case and tailoring a personalised treatment plan for you. Your Surgeon’s aim will be to provide you with the highest level of care and ensure that your virtual consultation is as informative and productive as possible.
Please take and send your photos as soon as possible before your Virtual Consultation.
When Can I Have Surgery?
As of 1st July 2023 you will be required to have two consultations with your surgeon, at least one of which must be in person. Following these consultations, a mandatory 7-day cooling-off period is required.
The cooling-off period is intended to provide patients with sufficient time to thoroughly evaluate their options, review all given information, and make an informed decision about their surgery. It stands as a crucial step to guarantee that patients choose what’s right for them and are thoroughly prepared before proceeding with their selected treatment.
Following the cooling-off period, patients can choose their surgery date according to their convenience and the surgeon’s availability. This policy reinforces our dedication to prioritising patient care, safety, and satisfaction during the surgical process.
How To Get The Best Out Of a Virtual Consultation
To make the most out of your consultation, follow these helpful hints:
- Educate Yourself: Research your procedure thoroughly. Understand the benefits, risks and potential outcomes to engage in an informed discussion with your surgeon.
- Prepare Questions: Write down a list of any questions or concerns beforehand to ensure that all your queries are addressed during the consultation.
- Ensure Internet Stability: For a smooth virtual consultation maintain a stable and reliable internet connection to prevent interruptions or delays.
- Stable Camera Setup: If using a mobile device, secure it to ensure stability. A mounted or propped up phone enables clear visibility. Alternatively, use a computer with a built-in camera for a stable and comprehensive view.
Choosing a Surgeon
We have a selection of Registered Surgeons who are members of one or more of the following: FRACS (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) memberships. ASPS (Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons) ASAPS (Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) or ISAPS (International Society Aesthetic Plastic Surgery).
One of our Patient Liaison Officers will assign you a Specialist Plastic Surgeon after speaking with you. Their job is to talk you through which surgery you are after and which surgeon will best suit you. You can get in touch with us via the online contact form on our website or by phone 1300 599 990. One of the team will contact you to arrange your consultation and send you instructions.
Plastic surgery is a extremely personal decision, with many aspects to consider. Our Surgeons at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery aim to provide you with all the information you need to make informed, educated decision.