Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery and Website Information Disclaimer
Disclaimer; The information on our website is general in nature. It will not apply to each and every patient and is not intended as a substitute for medical advice. It is general in nature and subject to change. Please read the below disclaimers.
It is not intended as medical advice, nor does it constitute or imply a doctor-patient relationship.
You are advised to see a Surgeon in-person to assess what surgery may or may not accomplish for you. It’s also important to keep your expectations realistic and to understand that plastic surgery has risks and should never be taken lightly.
Results disclaimer; Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Results Can Vary Significantly Between Patients and all surgery carries risks, some minor some serious.
- You can view before and after photos from your Surgeon to get a GENERAL idea of what other patient’s experienced after surgery.
- This is no guarantee you’ll have similar results even if you have a similar body. That’s because you are an individual and many factors impact your results.
- So you need to remember that every patient is a unique individual and every surgery has unique aspects.
- Therefore NO TWO SURGICAL procedures or rejuvenation treatments will get the exact same results — even if patients are fairly similar and even if the procedures are performed by the same Plastic Surgeon.
In terms of results and expectations, there are numerous variables with every patient, each surgery and every recovery and healing period.
*Disclaimer; As you read our pages, please understand this information is general in nature. The information on this site does not constitute medical advice nor does it imply a relationship of any kind with any of our medical professionals or team members.
Risks, Potential Complications and Permanent Scars are going to be an inevitable part of any Surgical Procedure
- You and your Surgeon can both take extra precautions to help prevent complications.
- However, there is ALWAYS the risk of experiencing potential complications — especially common ones — no matter what extra risk-prevention measures you and your Surgeon takes in relation to your procedure.
- So before you commit to surgery, be sure you understand that RISKS are ALWAYS going to part of any surgery experience.
Photo Disclaimer; Before and after photos are NOT guarantees that your results will be the same or even similar: each individual patient’s results will be different
- Before undergoing a surgical procedure or a skin-rejuvenation treatment, please be sure that you understand that YOUR actual results will likely VARY SIGNIFICANTLY from other patient’s results.
- This is quite important to understand — that EVEN when you feel that you look very similar to another patient in their BEFORE images, your results will likely vary significantly — because you are a unique person.
- Every individual has NOT only a completely unique physique but also uniquely individualistic body healing capacities, scarring tendencies and recovery processes — some of which are unpredictable even in very-healthy patients who rest adequately and do ALL the other right things before and after their procedure.
That noted, our Plastic Surgeons offer you decades of expertise in cosmetic plastic surgery procedures.
- Our Melbourne Specialist Surgeons have extensive surgical experience AND an Artisan-level passion for making numerous, precise measurements and using high-quality surgical skills and refinement techniques.
- They also strive for excellent outcomes and for high rates of patient satisfaction, including scar minimisation.
Patient-care ethics of excellence still cannot guarantee results or a lack of complications – there are many factors that influence your surgery results.
- Our Plastic Surgeons take great pride in their patient care ethics, precise surgical measurements, custom planning & their advanced surgical techniques.
- They also have Revisional and Corrective Surgery expertise and help many patients overcome disappointing results from earlier surgeries by less experienced or overseas Surgeons.
- They are honest about potential outcomes and they are fastidious about getting excellent results for their patients.
- This patient-care ethic of excellence is evident from the first consultation and extensive measurement-taking to extensive pre-surgical mark-ups for certain procedures, as well as surgery itself through. This ethic is also evident in your after-care visits to check on your healing processes or to provide you with scar minimisation treatments and Healite II treatments.
- But even the BEST trained Specialist Surgeons — using the most-fastidious surgical planning possible — cannot prevent a patient from experiencing a potential complication.
Complications, risks and scarring are inherent with surgical procedures
- Some risks can be controlled for better than others, but some risks simply cannot be abated.
- You should NEVER smoke and you need to tell your Surgeon even if you have one cigarette before or after your surgery. This is a NO-NO and can increase your surgery risks substantially.
- If you should experience a complication, however, you’ll likely be able to take comfort in knowing that you’re in highly-experienced Surgical Post-Op Care by some of Australia’s most highly-experienced Plastic Surgeons and Patient Care Teams.
- Operations in Hospital settings in Australia are considered a high standard in relation to their sanitation and monitoring standards – they do not allow just any type of surgeon to operate. In fact, most Cosmetic Surgeon’s will NOT have Hospital operating rights – but Plastic Surgeons do – because they are FRACS Specialist Surgeons. Anyone can claim they do cosmetic surgery at the time of this post – but only SPECIALIST PLASTIC SURGEONS have FRACS in Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive surgery procedures – meaning they are genuinely qualified.
- Compare YOUR Surgeon to others such as GPs or Dermatologists who never attained FRACS or FRACS in Plastic Surgery.
Our Surgeons are also devoted to helping patients have REALISTIC expectations about what surgery can and cannot accomplish.
- Many surgery candidates want to try to get a lot of information via the internet or phone before they book even an initial consultation with a Surgeon.
- So we aim to provide a great deal of general information about plastic surgery procedures, and we do our best to keep it current, recognising that information can change over time.
- So although we aim to keep the information updated on our website, it is possible that some information may have been superseded by new information and is in the process of being added to our website and other materials.
Information and Research Disclaimer- Change over time.
We do our best to keep our pages up to date with the latest news in Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery.
- But cosmetic plastic surgery and non-surgical rejuvenation are rapidly changing fields of medicine.
- So please validate any information that you read on our pages OR have read in the past either here or on other websites, during your consultation with your Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
- If you want to get a better sense of our team before a consultation, you are also welcome to attend one of our FREE events to meet our Surgeons, learn more about our procedures and ask any preliminary questions you may have.
- Plus, our Clinic Nurses are also happy to meet with you to answer your pre-consultation questions if you are contemplating which Surgeon to schedule your surgery with, or have preliminary questions you’d like answered by a Nurse, and want to meet some of our Patient Care Team.
- Send an enquiry form to ask for a Nurse Consultation or a consultation with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon or visit our EVENTS pages to register for our next Practice Information Evening event.
Here’s what’s important to know about the information provided on our website, brochures and other materials about Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Procedures of the breast, body, face and nose.
Plastic & Cosmetic procedures, whether to correct a deformity, bring more balance to a physique, harmonise the features of the face or body — or even help reduce the visible signs of ageing — can change lives. It can sometimes inspire more image-confidence or happiness with one’s appearance by reducing imbalances or asymmetries or sagging skin and bulges left behind after pregnancy or weight loss.
- Results can be quite long-lasting, but people continue to age. Everything changes over time, including your surgery results.
- Some procedures will require updates from time to time (for example, breast implants will need to be examined regularly and likely replaced or taken out at approximately the 10-year mark, sometimes earlier for some patients).
- If you get implants, expect future surgery at some stage including potential replacement of breast implants or removal.
- Everyone has breast asymmetry, for example – but a skilled Surgeon can reduce this in some operations; to a certain extent. It’s important to keep your expectations realistic.
- Your body has asymmetry before surgery and will have such afterwards; but with a good Plastic Surgery approach by a skilled Melbourne Specialist, you can reduce this to a noticeable extent to gain more harmony in the appearance.
- We offer patients a lot of high-level help to reduce scars after surgery, such as scar management, for most large incision line procedures (Tummy Tuck, for example, or Arm Reduction surgery) – not every practice does this.
Surgery is serious and carries risks.
Other options to Surgery may be available and we recommend investigating all of your options before making any surgery decisions.
- Some appearance changes that are sought by patients could be achieved via other means, such as non-surgical methods.
- For example, the appearance of larger breasts might be achieved by using temporary bra-fillers or padded push-up bras.
- The appearance of a tighter tummy might be achievable through either exercise, good nutrition and portion control as well as potentially via wearing tight-fitting or tummy-flattering garments, rather than by surgery (but if abdominal muscles have been damaged during pregnancy, you may still end up with a slightly-protruding tummy).
But some desired appearance changes are simply not amenable to change through exercise or nutrition alone, and some people prefer a surgical solution for more lasting results.
- For example, you cannot tighten loose, droopy excess or over-stretched skin with exercise — only the underlying muscle is often responsive to exercise
- The nose, ears, chin and eyelids are very visible parts of the face – so if you have a crooked or bumpy nose, a recessed chin, sagging upper lids or lower eye bags – then achieving a more harmonious facial balance, pleasing nose shape or fresher-looking eyelids may not be an option available to you by purely non-surgical or makeup-only options
- Post-weight-loss and Bariatric Surgery patients are often left with sagging, excess skin folds
- The best solution for contouring the body after significant weight loss, where excess skin is a problem causing chaffing, infection, psychological distress or back pain, is skin excision surgery plus other body lift procedures which are often combined with liposuction
So it’s important to read disclaimers and to know your Surgical and Non-surgical options before you undertake a surgical procedure, and no surgery should be taken lightly.
All surgeries have risks, even when performed by a Specialist Plastic Surgeon in an accredited Australian Hospital. Complications are not always uncommon and so it is important that you go into a surgery procedure choice with an awareness of all of your potential alternatives, as well as potential risks you’ll be consenting to by undergoing a surgical procedure and even a non-surgical rejuvenation procedure such as injectables or fillers.
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery and Website Information Disclaimer: Individual Results Can Vary Significantly
- GENERAL INFORMATION only is often found on the web. Information on procedures and results that are provided via our online and printed materials is often of a general nature.
- BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS of patients depict actual patient results by our Surgeons; however, it is important to remember that individual patient results can vary significantly, and that you may get a different type of result than another patient even if you feel you look similar in the “before” photo(s).
- Information you view online or in a brochure, including BEFORE & AFTER Surgery images, should be discussed in detail with your Plastic Surgeon — e.g., please clarify the information you read during your Consultation with one of our leading Specialist Plastic Surgeons and DO NOT HESITATE to ask ANY and EVERY question you have before consenting to a surgical or non-surgical procedure.
- Information on our website, brochures, newsletters and other materials IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE for a personalised, individual consultation that includes a physical examination, history taking, a discussion of the potential risks including potential common complications, pros and cons of various procedural options, and the likely outcome (OUTCOME EXPECTATIONS) of your surgical procedure.
- Only an in-person consultation and examination can help your Surgeon to provide you with information about what you, personally, as a unique individual, can expect.
- Remember that ALL surgery is likely to produce a lasting, permanent scar — and that it is likely this scar will fade over approximately 12 to 15 months or longer, but that some scars are unpredictable and some skin types are prone to quite pronounced scarring.
- It’s important to also understand that there are still unpredictable components to all surgery procedures; including exposure to experiencing potential complications (some of which could be life-threatening), unwanted appearance or scarring outcomes and other risks associated with your surgical procedure or non-surgical rejuvenation treatments.
- Be sure you are comfortable with ANY and ALL of the potential risks before consenting to Surgery.
- Be sure you follow your Surgeon’s pre-op and post-op recommendations for best recovery and procedure outcomes.
- Do check your Plastic Surgeon’s qualifications so that you feel comfortable with your Surgeon choice – all of our Plastic Surgeons are fully-qualified to operate in Australian Hospitals and have decades of expertise in cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures — but if you are looking at other types of Surgeons, it’s important to understand that their training and experience might vary quite significantly. We suggest you read our blog and other online materials about Different Types of Surgeons and their varying training and qualifications.
- Be certain to ask your Specialist Plastic Surgeon about what YOU can expect from YOUR procedure and your procedure choices; discuss in full the risks involved and decide, for yourself, if you’re actually prepared to risk the potential complications and risks which are inherent with these types of surgical or rejuvenation procedures.
- Clarify with your Surgeon whether WHAT YOU WANT or EXPECT from your procedure(s) is:
(a) realistic, (b) achievable, (c) suitable for your body type or health conditions.
- It is very important for Surgery patients that you are a definite NON SMOKER — not even a social smoker.
- It is also quite helpful for Surgery Patients who are not finished having their families to have clear understandings about how any surgery can potentially impact, for example, future breastfeeding or the abdominal area.
- Plan well for your surgery, healing and recovery time, as well as your surgery payment methods; we feel it’s important to offer Quality Surgery experiences and outcomes rather than discounted, production line types of surgeries performed in ‘back rooms’ — so for all major surgeries, expect to have your Surgery performed in an accredited Australian Hospital.
General Information about Procedures May not apply to you – there are many variables to Surgery procedures and no two patients or Surgeries, are precisely the same.
- Information of a general nature, such as is published on this website, does not take into account personal medical history and individual circumstances.
- As such, this website is not intended to be a substitute for, and cannot replace, the advice obtained in a professional consultation with a Plastic Surgeon.
- Read our Cosmetic Surgery RISKS pages and ask for details specific to your Surgery during a consultation as there may be other risks to consider.
- Choosing a good Plastic Surgeon is still not a guarantee everything will go to plan – surgery responses and healing capacities are inherently individualistic and can vary from patient to patient.
The information on this site is NOT intended to constitute medical advice and implies NO relationship with any of our medical professionals or team members.
- Prior to making a decision on plastic, reconstructive or cosmetic surgery procedure, in-person consultation with one of our Plastic Surgeons is absolutely necessary and essential. During the consultation, you and your surgeon will discuss YOUR specific needs, your choices in relation to a specific procedure as well as alternative treatments, and the surgical risks including possible complications of the procedure you are interested in having performed.
Surgical results vary greatly – We try to help patients visualise their potential outcomes using 3D imaging or sizers where possible – but visualising outcomes still has challenges
- All BEFORE & AFTER photos of our patients, which tend to have a watermark of the Surgeons name on them, are still of a general type of nature.
- We have aimed to include a variety of patients and result examples.
- Some patients prefer we show their Before & After images in our Clinic rather than on a globally available website.
- If you are wanting to see more images of a certain procedure, ask your Surgeon during your consultation (or his Nurse via a Patient Care Coordinator) – they are happy to show you more Before & After surgery images, but we want to reaffirm that patient results CAN and DO often vary quite significantly.
- This is because every patient is unique, and every surgery is customised to the individual patient.
- Therefore, BEFORE & AFTER images of surgeries should NOT be interpreted to represent the exact results that a patient can expect from that particular surgery — the same applies to implant types, rejuvenation procedure BEFORE & AFTER photos and breast or tummy reduction images. We also use stock photographs (models) on some of our pages, but we do NOT use stock photos of BEFORE & AFTER results – our BEFORE & AFTER patient photos are images of our actual patients.
Healing can be Unpredictable and there Can be Complications after Cosmetic Surgery
- Healing is an imprecise and sometimes unpredictable process, even with our leading Plastic Surgeons prioritising post-op patient care excellence and scar minimisation techniques.
- Some people are more prone to noticeable scar formation than others, and sometimes people smoke and are not honest with their Surgeons – smoking and other unhealthy habits WILL compromise your result. DO be honest with your Surgeon and follow instructions carefully before and after your surgical procedure.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of healing and the uniqueness of each patient, our Surgeons cannot guarantee specific surgical results from procedures. However, with their extensive experience, quality surgical skills and devotion to attention to details, our Team of Surgeons are highly adept at getting patients excellent results.*
Material on this website may include the views or opinions of other parties or industry specialists.
- Our SURGEONS are highly qualified, but independent Surgeons.
- Some of the materials presented on our website may not apply to ALL of our Surgeons, as we have a team of elite Surgeons and they each have unique approaches to patient care and surgery — but all of our Surgeons have decades of experience and a commitment to surgical excellence and individually-focused patient-care.
- Hence, some of the materials and techniques described on our pages may not necessarily reflect the exact views or surgical approaches of EACH and EVERY one of our leading Plastic Surgeons. In your consultation, however, you’ll get clarification about the procedure and approaches your Surgeon will use – after you and your Surgeon decide, together, which procedure and surgical approach is most likely to get you the results that you are wanting from your procedure.*
External website links disclaimer; They are not endorsements and are outside of our control
Please note also that any hyperlinks found on our web pages or brochures or e-Newsletters or other materials, which link to external websites, are NOT endorsements of those websites nor of the content on those websites. External websites are well beyond our control and were provided only in that as of that time, the information or website might have been helpful or interesting to potential patients at the time the link was created.
If you have any questions about our Disclaimer, Procedures, Recovery Protocols, Before & After Photos, Plastic Surgeons or Dermal Clinicians, please don’t hesitate to phone us on 1300 264 811 or to send a confidential enquiry form.
We look forward to assisting you with your surgical and appearance rejuvenation choices.