Healite II Treatments in Melbourne
What is the Healite II Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) and how does it work?
Healite II can help your skin to heal faster after surgery, a skin peel or laser skin treatment? Ask about the award-winning Healite II Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) treatments. They help you feel great AND have proven healing facilitation and skin rejuvenation properties.
Low Level Light Therapy is the application of red and near infra-red light over ageing skin, skin wounds or skin lesions, or other soft tissues, in order to help promote healing and reduce inflammation. Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) can provide patient’s with relief from both acute or chronic pain, help the skin recover from intensive skin treatments (peels, lasers or injection treatments) and also help rejuvenate the skin through improving circulation and encouraging new collagen formation.
One of the ways low-level light therapy (LLLT) is delivered is through the Healite II, a revolutionary piece of light-based equipment manufactured by Lutronics.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons offer patients Healite II treatments in our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing clinics at our Plastic Surgery facilities in Melbourne and Berwick (with Williamstown coming soon).
LLLT can help:
- increase speed, quality and strength of skin repair and other soft tissue repair
- resolve inflammation and relieve pain
- reduce pain associated with joint conditions
It can be used to help heal sports injuries (encouraging soft tissue repair) and for overall skin rejuvenation treatments.
We offer Healite II in our Hawthorn East and our Berwick clinic locations.
Post-Op Recovery, Scar Minimisation and Skin Rejuvenation
At our Plastic Surgery and Anti-Ageing Clinics, we are always seeking ways to improve the surgical experiences of our patients — including your healing and recovery period.
One of the ways we do this is offering patient healing facilitation options, including Healite II treatments during their recovery period. There is also an at-home LLLT device that you can purchase (ask one of our Dermal Clinicians at Coco Ruby Skin and Anti-Ageing).
The Healite II by Lutronics is an Award Winning, FDA approved light-based treatment
Low-Level Light Treatments are increasingly popular options for surgery patients and skin treatment patients and have the following benefits.
- Increases blood flow to tissues (better circulation often means faster, better healing)
- Reduces muscle pain and joint pain
- Facilitates skin rejuvenation and skin treatment recovery processes (great after a Skin Peel)
The patient’s greatly appreciated that the treatments are:
- Safe and effective for ALL skin types
- Relaxing and comfortable
The Healite II treatment is comfortable and relaxing
- Book your skin assessment appointment with one of our Dermal Clinicians or an Injecting Clinician (OR, if you have Surgery with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons, Healite II treatments are often part of the post-op healing recovery recommendations. Your Surgeon and Patient Care Team will guide you on which post-op surgery visit will be best to get your Healite II treatment)
- Remove all make-up and skin coverings PRIOR to treatment
- Get comfortable on the procedure table (usually in a slightly reclined position, varying dependent upon which area of your face or body is being treated by the low-level light therapy/Healite II)
- You may be asked to wear eye protection if you are getting a non-facial Healite II treatment (be sure you don’t open your eyes or look at the LED lights)
- Your Practitioner or Dermal Clinician will start the treatment
- You’ll then relax for the duration of your Healite II treatment – which can last from four minutes to approximately 15-20 minutes
- Time with the Healite II can vary depending on the area(s) being treated as well as other individual patient factors – if you’re performing low-level light therapy with a home device, you may be using it for longer as these devices differ from the Clinic ones.
- Just after treatment, your skin MAY look slightly ‘flushed’ (pink to slightly red in colour, depending on your skin tone) but tends to return to your normal skin colouring within about 1/2 to 1 hour
- You can usually wear special mineral makeup right afterwards, such as if you are going straight back to the office or to a function (but not if you have just had an intensive laser treatment such as DOT therapy or Fraxel – ask your Clinician about downtime for these intensive treatments)
Many patients feel their skin looks more refreshed and rejuvenated after even one treatment, but the full rejuvenation results occur over subsequent weeks as the skin responds to the low-level light therapy (LLLT) treatment.
Disclaimer NOTE: We have found that our patients enjoy receiving Healite II treatments after their surgeries or for skin rejuvenation purposes. It is important to remember that individual results from Healite II treatments can vary from patient to patient. Be sure to ask your Specialist what you can expect from a treatment during an in-depth consultation that takes into account your medical and skin condition history, as well as other individual factors that may impact your results. A skin assessment with our Coco Ruby team can also include Canfield REVEAL imaging to assess sun damage and pigmentation or inflammation concerns.
How we use Healite II for Our Patients
We have found that Healite II Treatments can be helpful to Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery patients after their procedures.
This is because LLLT assists with improving circulation and tissue repair, which helps facilitate natural healing processes and may help reduce scar formation.
Noticeable results of ‘fresher-looking’ skin are often observed after even one low-level light therapy treatment.*
Light-based Technology is Relaxing and Rejuvenating
After Surgery or for facial rejuvenation, many patients have found that our Healite II Treatments to be quite relaxing as well as rejuvenating and healing for their skin.
Download Our Facial Rejuvenation Guide
The Coco Ruby Skin Team
To arrange a confidential injecting consultation with our highly-experienced senior Injecting Nurse Sandra Wallace or our Cosmetic Physician, Dr Tina Purdon with a combined 35+ years experience. Just send Email or Phone 1300 599 990 to arrange an appointment.
Sandra is a registered Division 1 nurse with over 20 years of experience in injectables and dermal fillers and non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments. Sandra has a long history of supporting Dr Rubinstein and other Plastic Surgeons and Facelift Surgeons to help patients receive a full-face rejuvenation effect, using anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers. Sandra has a long list of loyal clients and works closely with our Surgeons who perform Facial Rejuvenation Surgery, to get a natural-looking, long-lasting result.
Dr Tina Purdon is a passionate and highly skilled cosmetic physician. She has a warm, caring manner along with an eye for detail. Dr Tina Purdon offers strategic facial enhancements using non-surgical modalities such as dermal filler, cheek filler, lip filler, chin augmentation and wrinkle relaxing injections to soften facial lines and rejuvenate the facial appearance.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons, Injectors and Dermal Clinicians customise surgery & treatments for each patient to suit their particular condition, their desired outcomes and the approach that will work best for a natural, long-lasting result. For more information on the call our Patient Care Team on 1300 264 811 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Book today for a facial consultation and start on a skin rejuvenation or scar treatment plan.
- Email or Phone 1300 599 990 to arrange an appointment.
- Book a consultation with Coco Ruby’s Aesthetic Physician, Nurse Injector or Dermal Clinician.
- Request more information about our facial rejuvenation procedures.