What is the Healite II Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) and how does it work?
Healite II LED treatment is a non-invasive skin therapy that uses low-level light therapy (LLLT) to stimulate and rejuvenate the skin. It is primarily used for dermatological purposes and is considered a safe and effective option for various skin concerns.
Low-Level Light Therapy is the application of red and near infra-red light over ageing skin, surgical sites, skin lesions, or other soft tissues, in order to not only help promote healing but also reduce inflammation.
Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) can help provide patients with relief from both acute and chronic pain. It can also help the skin recover from intensive skin treatments (peels, lasers or injection treatments). Furthermore, it can help rejuvenate the skin by improving circulation and encouraging new collagen formation.
One of the ways low-level light therapy (LLLT) is delivered is through the Healite II, a revolutionary piece of light-based equipment manufactured by Lutronics. Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons offer patients Healite II treatments in our Coco Ruby Skin Clinics at our Plastic Surgery facilities in Melbourne
Am I a Good Candidate for Healite II Therapy?
A good candidate for Healite II LED treatment typically has specific skin concerns and goals that align with the benefits of this therapy. Here are some factors that make someone a good candidate for Healite II LED treatment;
- Mild to Moderate Skin Concerns: Healite II is most effective for individuals with mild to moderate skin concerns, such as fine lines and wrinkles, acne, uneven skin tone, redness, and minor scarring. It may not be the best option for more severe skin issues
- Desire for Non-Invasive Treatment: Candidates who may prefer non-invasive procedures and be looking for a comfortable and painless skin therapy that does not involve surgery.
- Realistic Expectations: Candidates should have realistic expectations about the results of Healite II. While it can improve skin health and appearance, it may not provide dramatic or immediate results, and multiple sessions are often required.
- Commitment to Multiple Sessions: Good candidates are willing to commit to a series of treatment sessions. The number of sessions needed can vary depending on the specific skin concern and the treatment plan.
- Healthy Skin: Candidates should have relatively healthy skin without active infections or open wounds in the treatment area. It’s important to inform the healthcare provider of any preexisting skin conditions or medical issues.
- Post Procedure Healing Enhancement: Healite II is often used in conjunction with other dermatological procedures to improve healing and enhance results. Candidates who are planning or have recently undergone other skin treatments may benefit from Healite II as part of their overall care plan.
Keep in mind that individual suitability for Healite II may vary, and the treatment’s effectiveness can depend on factors such as the specific wavelength of light used, the treatment parameters and the expertise of the provider administering the therapy. A thorough consultation with a qualified healthcare professional is essential to determine whether Healite II LED treatment is the right option for your skin concerns and goals.
What are the Benefits of Healite II Therapy?
Healite II LED treatment offers a range of benefits for the skin making it a popular option for various skincare concerns. The benefits of Healite II LED treatment include;
Stimulation of Collagen Production:
One of the primary benefits of Healite II is its ability to stimulate collagen production in the skin. Collagen is a key protein that provides structure and elasticity to the skin, and its production naturally decreases with age. By increasing collagen production, Healite II may help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Improved Skin Texture:
Patients often report improvements in skin texture after Healite II treatment.
Reduction of Redness and Inflammation:
Healite II emits specific wavelengths of light, including red and near-infrared light, which can help reduce redness and inflammation in the skin. This makes it potentially beneficial for individuals with conditions like rosacea.
Healite II has been used as an adjunct treatment for acne. It may help reduce inflammation associated with acne and promote skin healing.
Promotion of Wound Healing:
Healite II is often used to accelerate healing after surgical or dermatological procedures. It can help reduce downtime and improve the outcome of treatments like chemical peels or laser therapy.
Healite II is a non-invasive treatment and there is no downtime associated with it. Patients can resume their normal activities immediately after a session.
The treatment is generally well-tolerated and considered safe for most individuals. It does not involve any invasive procedures or the use of chemicals.
It is important to note that while Healite II offers many benefits, the extent of these benefits can vary from person to person. The specific parameters used during treatment, the number of sessions, and individual factors like skin type and condition can influence the results. To determine if Healite II LED treatment is right for your skin concerns and goals, it is advisable to consult with a qualified healthcare provider or Dermal Therapist who can provide a personalised treatment plan.
What to Expect during a Healite II Treatment
- Book your skin assessment appointment with one of our Dermal Clinicians or an Injecting Clinician.
- if you have Surgery with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons, Healite II treatments are often part of the post-op healing recovery recommendations.
- Your Surgeon and Patient Care Team will guide you on which post-op surgery visit will be best.
- Remove all make-up and skin coverings prior to treatment
- The procedure table is usually in a slightly reclined position, varying dependent upon which area of your face or body is being treated.
- You may be asked to wear eye protection if you are getting a non-facial Healite II treatment. Be sure you don’t open your eyes or look at the LED lights.
- You will then relax for the duration of your Healite II treatment, which can last anywhere from four minutes to approximately 15-20 minutes
- Time with the Healite II can vary depending on the area being treated as well as other individual patient factors. If you are performing low-level light therapy with a home device, you may be using it for longer as these devices differ from the Clinic ones.
- Just after treatment your skin may look slightly ‘flushed’ (pink to slightly red in colour, depending on your skin tone). However, it tends to return to your normal skin colouring within about an hour
- You can usually wear special mineral makeup after treatment if you are going straight back to the office or to a function. Ask your Clinician about downtime for these intensive treatments
Disclaimer NOTE: It is important to remember that individual results from Healite II treatments can vary from patient to patient. Be sure to ask your Specialist what you can expect from a treatment during an in-depth consultation that takes into account your medical and skin condition history, as well as other individual factors that may impact your results. A skin assessment with our Coco Ruby team can also include Canfield REVEAL imaging to assess sun damage and pigmentation or inflammation concerns.
The Coco Ruby Skin Dermal Team
Peta joined our Melbourne-based Coco Ruby Skin and Anti-Ageing team in 2020, bringing her expertise in skincare and light-based treatments, skin peels, laser treatments and other modalities to help people overcome their common skin complaints. She works alongside some of Melbourne’s most highly regarded Plastic Surgeons using her extensive experience in skincare and beauty treatments as well as cosmeceutical skincare products training
Jessie Anderson – Dermal Clinician / Injector
Jess holds a current AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) registration, has a friendly, warm and approachable personality with outstanding knowledge in analysing a variety of skin concerns. This enables the best possible in-clinic treatment plans and homecare advice for each individual client. With 11 years of industry experience and a patient-first approach, Jess is extremely passionate and enthusiastic within the cosmetic aesthetics industry.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons, Injectors and Dermal Clinicians customise surgery & treatments for each patient to suit their particular condition, their desired outcomes and the approach that will work best for a natural, long-lasting result. For more information on the call our Patient Care Team on 1300 599 990 or email us at email@example.com
Book today for a facial consultation and start on a skin rejuvenation or scar treatment plan.
- Email or Phone 1300 599 990 to arrange an appointment.
- Book a consultation with Coco Ruby’s Aesthetic Physician, Nurse Injector or Dermal Clinician.
- Request more information about our facial rejuvenation procedures.