- A full Tummy Tuck procedure requires a horizontal incision in the area of the pubic hairline.
- The degree of correction necessary will determine both the shape and length of your incision line.
- Your surgeon will administer medications and General Anaesthesia for your comfort during surgery.
- During surgery, they will separate the skin from the abdominal wall.
- Then they will draw the muscle and tissue together with stitches.
- This will both narrow your waistline and strengthen the abdominal wall. It can also help correct split abdominal muscles.
- Sutures, skin adhesives, tapes or clips close the skin incisions from your Tummy Tuck.
You’ll need to wear a compression garment for approximately 6 weeks (or longer) after your surgery to enhance your results. There are many options for post-surgery compression garments. Your Specialist Plastic Surgeon can help you choose the best one for your body and procedure.
Swelling and your inability to stand upright until internal healing is complete may obscure your results. However, as the swelling begins to reduce and your body recovers you will continue to see improvements.
Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery use Healite, Fraxel Laser or Dermapen treatments to assist with healing and minimisation of surgical scars. Be sure to follow your Surgeon’s instructions after surgery to minimise your scars. Don’t do too much too soon!
All surgery has risks – for detailed information about the risks and potential complications of tummy tuck melbourne – abdominoplasty surgery please visit the risks of surgery page.