Lip augmentation injections are cosmetic procedures designed to enhance the appearance of the lips, typically by adding volume, improving shape, and achieving a fuller look. These injections are popular among individuals who desire plumper lips, whether for aesthetic reasons or to address age-related volume loss. There are several types of lip augmentation injections, with dermal fillers being the most common option.
The Coco Ruby Skin Team consists of an Aesthetic Physician, a Dermal Clinician, as well as several Senior Injecting Nurses with extensive experience. We offer both Lip Filler and Cosmetic Injections at our Clinic in Melbourne.
- Dermal fillers are the most common and popular method for lip augmentation. They are typically made from various substances, such as Hyaluronic acid, calcium Hydroxylapatite, or poly-L-lactic acid.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers are often used for lip augmentation. These fillers are temporary, as the body eventually breaks down the injected material. Their effects can last from several months to up to a year or more, depending on the specific product used.
- The filler is injected into the lips in small amounts to create the desired volume and shape.
It is important to consult with a qualified and experienced Dermal Clinician to discuss your goals, understand the options available, and determine which approach is best for you. Lip augmentation injections can be an effective way to enhance the appearance of your lips but like any cosmetic procedure, they come with potential risks and considerations that should be thoroughly discussed with your healthcare provider.
Am I a Good Candidate for Lip Augmentation Injections
Generally good candidates for Lip Augmentation Injections include;
- Individuals with Thin Lips: People with naturally thin lips who desire fuller, more plump lips often seek lip filler treatments.
- Those with Age-Related Volume Loss: As we age it is common for the lips to lose volume and appear thinner. Lip fillers can help restore volume.
- People with Asymmetrical Lips: Lip fillers can be used to correct asymmetry and achieve a more balanced and symmetrical look.
- Patients Seeking Temporary Results: Lip fillers are not permanent, and the effects typically last several months to a year or more, depending on the specific product used. Good candidates should be comfortable with temporary results and may choose to maintain the look with periodic treatments.
- Realistic Expectations: Good candidates understand that lip fillers can enhance the lips but may not achieve a particular aesthetic ideal. They should have realistic expectations about the results.
- Non-Smokers: Smoking can affect the healing process and the longevity of filler results. Some providers may recommend quitting or at least avoiding smoking around the time of the procedure.
- Not Pregnant or Breastfeeding: It’s generally advisable to avoid elective cosmetic procedures, including lip fillers, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
What are the Risks and Complications of Lip Augmentation Injections?
While lip fillers have become a popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure, like any medical treatment they come with potential risks and complications. It is important to be aware of these and discuss them with your healthcare provider before deciding to undergo lip filler injections. Some of the risks and complications associated with lip fillers include:
Bruising and Swelling: It is common to experience temporary bruising and swelling at the injection sites. These side effects usually subside within a few days to a week.
Pain and Discomfort: You may experience some pain or discomfort during and after the injection. The procedure often involves the use of a very fine needle, which can be uncomfortable, but it is generally tolerable.
Infection: While infections are rare, there is a risk of infection at the injection sites. This is why it’s important to ensure that the procedure is performed in a clean and sterile environment.
Lumps and Bumps: Occasionally, filler material can clump or create small bumps under the skin. These can usually be smoothed out by your healthcare provider.
Allergic Reactions: Although allergic reactions to dermal fillers are rare, they can occur. This is more likely with fillers that are not based on hyaluronic acid.
Asymmetry: Achieving perfect symmetry can be challenging, and some degree of asymmetry may occur.
Overfilling: Overfilling the lips can result in an unnatural and exaggerated appearance. It is essential to work with an experienced provider who understands how to achieve balanced and aesthetically pleasing results.
Migration: In some cases, filler material may migrate or move from the injection site to another area of the face.
Why Choose Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery?
The Coco Ruby Skin Team is tertiary-qualified, extensively trained and highly experienced in non-surgical medical aesthetics, including the use of Injectables and Light Therapy Modalities.
Our Dermal Clinicians keep up to date with industry standards and the latest trends by attending regular conferences and educational seminars, ensuring that you receive professional and sound advice to have the best possible results.
We welcome you to make an appointment with us. We can discuss your goals and what you would like to achieve through one or some of our treatments.
The Coco Ruby Injecting Team
To arrange a confidential injecting consultation with our highly-experienced Senior Injecting Nurse Sandra Wallace or Registered Nurse injector, Jessie Anderson.
Just send Email or Phone 1300 599 990 to arrange an appointment.
Sandra is a registered Division 1 nurse with over 20 years of experience in both injectables, dermal fillers and non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments. She also has a long history of supporting Dr Rubinstein and other Plastic Surgeons and Facelift Surgeons to help patients receive a full-face rejuvenation effect, using anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers. Furthermore, Sandra has a long list of loyal clients and works closely with our Surgeons who perform Facial Rejuvenation Surgery, to get a natural-looking, long-lasting result.
Jess holds a current AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) registration, has a friendly, warm, and approachable personality with outstanding knowledge in analyzing a variety of skin concerns. This enables both the best possible in-clinic treatment plans and homecare advice for each individual client. With 11 years of industry experience (aesthetic/cosmetic/medical) and a patient-first approach, Jess is extremely passionate and enthusiastic within the cosmetic aesthetics industry. Moreover, her strong belief in a holistic approach to client care means she can empathize and understand clients’ needs.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons, Injectors and Dermal Clinicians customise both surgery and treatments for each patient to suit their particular condition, their desired outcomes and the approach that will work best for a natural, long-lasting result. For more information on the call our Patient Care Team on 1300 599 990 or email us at email@example.com
Book today for a facial consultation and start on a skin rejuvenation or scar treatment plan.