Specialist Plastic Surgeons that perform breast surgery in Melbourne at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery
Not all surgeons who perform breast surgery are equal, and not all surgery quotes cover the same things. As surprising as this might sound, a lot of clinics in Melbourne have underqualified cosmetic doctors that perform breast surgery, instead of more specialised and experienced plastic surgeons.
- Fat Transfer to Breast – Natural Breast Augmentation – Autologous Fat Grafting
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Lift
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Implant Revision Surgery
- Breast Reconstruction
- Tuberous Breast Surgery
- Asymmetric Breast Surgery
- Male Breast Reduction Surgery for Gynaecomastia
Get the Ultimate Guide to Breast Surgery? Download it now.
A closer look at choosing the Best Breast Surgeon for your Breast Surgery
There are huge differences between cosmetic surgeons and plastic surgeons with respect to their education, training, qualifications, operating rights and more. Our breast surgeons are highly experienced members of FRACS, ISAPS, ASAPS or ASPS, all of which are protected medical titles and assure a certain minimum level of expertise and experience. They are specialist plastic surgeons that are qualified to operate in accredited hospitals around Australia. You can request a bio about any of our surgeons before proceeding with surgery.
There are definite benefits to choosing a plastic surgeon over a cosmetic surgeon, and it is important for you to know who your surgeon really is. Advertising is often deceptive, and “cosmetic surgeons” are NOT specialist plastic surgeons. A cosmetic surgeon could just be a regular GP who has decided to perform breast surgery, whereas a qualified plastic surgeon will have a FRACS membership from their governing body (ASAPS, ASPS, ASPS-USA, ISAPS).
Sadly, it doesn’t require much training to become a breast surgeon in Australia. The existing medical laws allow almost any doctor with basic qualifications to perform these surgeries. However, not all the surgeons who perform breast augmentation, breast reduction or breast lift surgeries in Melbourne have extensive training that ensures higher patient safety with a higher rate of success. There are many government health departments and advocates who are lobbying for reduced health risks through the adoption of stricter regulation.
How can you ensure that you are choosing the right breast surgeon in Melbourne?
Before you go ahead with surgery, you could ask your surgeon the following questions to ascertain their credibility and expertise:
- Are you a plastic surgeon with a FRACS, PLAS accreditation from ASAPS, ISAPS or ASPS?
- How many operations do you perform in a year, and which is the type that you do the most often?
- How do you handle a complication?
- Do you have a scar management protocol? If yes, what is it?
- Do you have any other special education or technique that gives you an added advantage over other plastic surgeons in Melbourne?
When it comes to surgery, choose from the best breast surgeons in Melbourne
Plastic cosmetic surgery decisions and surgery risks should never be taken lightly. As with any surgical procedure, there are certain protocols to be followed, and certain risks involved, so you want to be sure you are well-informed before you make a decision. If you are considering breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast implant removal or replacement or even a breast lift surgery, then click here to choose from the top breast surgeons in Melbourne. We have surgeons operating in Melbourne and Berwick who will give you honest feedback and inform you about all the associated risks so know what to expect.
A consultation with any of our specialist plastic surgeons will help you understand how you can achieve the look that you desire. Our surgeons operate only in reputed Australian hospitals, along-with highly experienced anaesthetists with a stellar surgical and patient support team.
For procedure-related information about specific breast surgeries, including the complex ones, combined plastic surgery or fat transfer procedures, corrective surgeries or breast reconstruction techniques, visit our page links listed below.
Know more about the top plastic surgeons for breast surgery in Melbourne
Dr Craig Rubinstein – Plastic Surgeon, Hawthorn East, Melbourne
Dr Geoff Barnett – Plastic Surgeon, Hawthorn East, Melbourne
Dr Richard Sackelariou – Plastic Surgeon Hawthorn East, Melbourne
Dr Rebecca Wyten – Plastic Surgeon, Hawthorn East, Melbourne and Berwick (St John of Gods Hospital)
Dr Rohit Kumar – Plastic Surgeon, Melbourne and Sydney
You can feel at ease if you choose any of these breast surgeons, as they are regarded among Melbourne’s most skilled and reputable surgeons. A look at their affiliations below can assure their expertise.
Locations for Breast Surgery
- Hawthorn East (Convenient to Melbourne CBD, Port Melbourne, South Melbourne, South Yarra, Kew, Hawthorn, Balwyn, Richmond, Brighton, Glen Iris, Toorak, Camberwell, Bayside suburbs)
- Berwick (Convenient to South Eastern Suburbs, the Mornington Peninsula, Berwick, Frankston, Cranbourne, Sorrento or Gippsland)
- Williamstown (Convenient to Point Cook, Ballarat, and other western Melbourne suburbs as well as western regional Victoria).
Our Promise: The best inpatient care in accredited hospitals by fully qualified plastic surgeons for breast surgery (no juniors)
All of the plastic surgeons on our team are highly qualified to operate in accredited major hospitals across Australia. They do not operate in back rooms and are supported by experienced experts including anaesthetics and other surgical support members. They use only quality implant brands like Motiva or Mentor Breast Prosthesis, so that patient care is not compromised.
We pride ourselves on having NO junior plastic surgeons. You will only be getting highly experienced breast surgery experts, with a proven track record in successful surgeries.
If you live outside of Melbourne or Sydney and want a Melbourne Surgeon or Revision Surgery expert, contact us using the form below or visit our Interstate & Overseas Surgery Patient page to find out how we can help you.*
NEXT STEPS: Book your Initial Breast Surgery Review or Patient Consultation
Email us or Call on 1300 264 811 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
Schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon – a $300 booking fee applies (or attend a Plastic Surgery event at no charge to meet the surgeon in advance).
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
There are many ways to gain more information before you come in for a consultation. Knowing the basics will help you ask the right questions at your first consultation.
- Be informed – DOWNLOAD A SURGERY GUIDE about the procedure.
- Book a complimentary consultation with a nurse or speak to our patient coordinator over the phone on 1300 264 811
- Alternatively, you can attend our Cosmetic Surgery Events in Melbourne and meet our Plastic Surgeons along with their top support team.
- Speak with past patients who have had your chosen procedure.
What should you bring to a consultation for breast surgery?
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly.
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes.
*Please note that this information is of a general nature and that for information specifically related to you and your appearance goals, you will want to visit with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons.
Please contact us using the form below to arrange a consultation with one of our expert specialist plastic surgeons or to speak with our patient care team on 1300 264 811