Get the Guide to Skin Reduction Surgery after Weight Loss
Body Contouring Surgery for Men and Women
These procedures are designed to correct or improve the contours of the body. This is achieved by either removing excess skin and fat, smoothing bulges, repairing abdominal damage from pregnancy, after Bariatric Surgery or other significant weight loss. The surgery should be performed by leading Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Body Surgery (Torsoplasty) and Body Contouring Procedures. Body Contouring procedures include;
What is Body Surgery?
Satisfaction with our body and looks is reflected in our self-confidence and mood. So it goes without saying that if we are not satisfied with ourselves, our personal, social, as well as our business lives can suffer. The source of dissatisfaction can come in different forms whether from injuries, congenital anomalies, or details that we simply do not like. Cosmetic surgery can change your life, allowing you to not only feel better physically but mentally as well.
Aesthetic body surgeries include surgical procedures that significantly alter and improve the appearance of the body. Body surgeries include treatments that alternate parts of the body affected by weight gain as well as sudden or continuous weight loss, but also special medical conditions such as pregnancy, or excess skin caused by any of the above conditions.
Each procedure is individualized to suit the patient. Furthermore, the procedure itself can be made more or less extensive. This will be determined by the specialist surgeon during your consultation.
It is important to mention that operations on certain parts of the body, such as the breast, do not belong to this group of operations, although they are anatomically in a group that could be called the body. However, since such body parts already have a large number of surgeries that can be performed, they form separate categories in plastic surgery.
Am I a Good Candidate for Body Surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is technically demanding but can give excellent results when carefully selected procedures are performed on the right candidates by qualified plastic surgeons.
For this very reason, it is important that in collaboration with your specialist surgeon, you determine if you are the right candidate for a particular surgical procedure.
There are many factors that influence the decision of a specialist surgeon as to whether you are a good candidate for body surgery, perhaps a non-invasive procedure is a better solution for you.
Medical conditions, taking certain medications, medical history, and general health are just some of the factors that will influence a surgeon’s decision. But there are certain qualifications that every patient must meet in order to be able to undergo body plastic surgery. These include;
- Being a non-smoker
- Having good overall health
- Having realistic expectations
- Not suffering from medical conditions as diabetes, high blood pressure, bleeding disorder, heart disease, or depression.
- As well as other medical conditions that can impair healing or increase the risk of surgery
What Are The Benefits Of Body Surgery?
The goal of cosmetic surgery is not to obtain perfect body shapes, because they are individual, but to remove or reduce those shapes or forms that are a source of discomfort and dissatisfaction in the patient, and represent a social, psychological, and physical problem, thereby automatically impairing one’s health.
This is where the greatest benefits of plastic surgery for every patient lie. Although they, like the procedure itself, are individual, patients feel better, more satisfied after the surgery, and experience an instant increase in self-confidence.
Regardless of whether the benefits of surgery represent an aesthetic or functional improvement for you, most patients feel better and more confident after opting for body surgery.
It is for this reason that it is important to emphasize the psychological factor, which is the greatest benefit experienced by most patients.
Download Our Body Surgery & Excess Skin Reduction Guide
Do you have a lot of questions about body surgery? Want to know more before you decide to take the next step? Great!
We have put together this complete guide for you that will introduce you to everything you need to know about body surgery!
What Are The Most Popular Body Surgery Procedures?
Aesthetic body procedures are one of the most sought after in the world of plastic surgery. Life rhythm, age, stress, and habits greatly affect the appearance of our body, and no one is immune to these factors.
Precisely for this reason, surgical procedures such as Liposuction, Tummy Tuck, and Labiaplasty are among the most popular in the world and occupy high positions in the TOP 10 surgical procedures each year.
For example, last year alone, nearly 270,000 patients opted for liposuction. Which is an increase of 3% over the previous year, making this surgery the second most sought after in the world, just behind breast surgery.
Body Surgery for Women and Men
Women often approach our clinic for body-related procedures to reshape, firm and contour their post-pregnancy body that has failed to return to a pre-pregnancy body fitness even after strict exercise and dieting efforts.
While, men often seek body surgery and combined surgical procedures to reduce stubborn fat stores around their middle torso, chest or breast regions (reduction of “man boobs” or moobs, ‘spare tire’ and tummy bulges sometimes called a ‘beer belly’ or ‘beer gut’).
The most popular cosmetic and aesthetic procedures on the body are:
- Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck is a procedure that treats relaxed skin and muscles in the abdomen area, mainly after a large increase or loss of body weight. The goal of the operation is to reduce the fatty tissue on the abdomen and form an aesthetically acceptable appearance – a flatter and tighter abdominal wall.
- Mommy makeover is a comprehensive term that refers to a combination of aesthetic body contouring procedures, which are performed to neutralize and minimize the physical changes that occur in pregnancy.
- In the case of large weight loss, whether by surgical or natural mean, patients lose body contours causing excess skin which can also lead to rashes and skin infections as well as a loss of confidence and general dissatisfaction. A set of surgical procedures called Body Contouring Surgery can restore a firmer, more sculpted body contour.
- Also called Brachioplasty, is a procedure that focuses on the removal of excess skin in the upper arm area that cannot be solved with exercise or various cosmetic treatments.
- Similar to an arm lift a thigh lift also removes the excess skin loose skin on the thighs, typically caused by extreme weight loss.
- If you have excess fat tissue that you cannot get rid of either through diet or exercise, then liposuction could be the answer. Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries that does not solve the problem of excess weight, but surgically removes the accumulation of adipose tissue in places where it is not possible to achieve it any other way.
- Labiaplasty or labia correction is a surgical procedure to reduce or reshape the labia minora in terms of achieving the previous appearance, which has been altered due to age, pregnancy, and other factors.
Recovery After Body Surgery
Aesthetic body corrections are individual, and as such result in individual recovery for each patient. Furthermore, body surgeries often involve several different individual surgical procedures combined into a single procedure. Some patients will undergo lighter and simpler procedures to achieve the desired appearance, while others will have more extensive surgeries. For this reason, it is impossible to estimate the time and severity of recovery for each patient.
Each body is different, and as such has a different recovery. But there are a few universal facts that apply to all plastic and aesthetic surgeries.
Firstly, be prepared for your surgery. get your house in order, do some healthy meal prep and make sure everything you need is easy to reach. Better yet if you live alone organise for a friend to stay for a few days to help you during those initial days at home.
Secondly, follow your surgeon’s instructions, this can greatly determine how successful, quick, and painless your recovery is. Following these instructions will help you get back to your daily life and activities as soon as possible.
Finally, if/when your specialist surgeon schedules a follow-up appointment, it is important that you attend so your surgeon can monitor your results and give you further recovery tips. This gives you the best chance of a quick and stable recovery.
For more information on Body Surgery Recovery, you can visit our page with instructions and guidelines to help you get your recovery going as smoothly as possible.
What We Do Differently At Coco Ruby
Plastic surgery has experienced a real boom in the last ten years. This is thanks to the development of technological solutions and surgical techniques that enable quick and painless recovery. However, there are still surgeons who use outdated techniques. So, it is important to choose an experienced specialist surgeon who is constantly expanding their knowledge and training in their field to provide patients with the best solution.
Coco Ruby works only with the best specialist surgeons. Surgeons whose many years of experience, knowledge and training set them apart from the competition.
If you are worried about whether your surgery will end in severe scarring, or may even require a repeat procedure, choose a specialist surgeon from Coco Ruby.
Our surgeons aim to avoid using drains, thanks to which your recovery will be quicker and much more comfortable than if you had to lie down during home care with a pile of tubes that are uncomfortable and inconvenient.
We pride ourselves on using the best equipment and having an experienced, professional team of people to help ensure not only great results but also customer satisfaction.
Moreover, we know your time is valuable and every day lost in recovery is a day your not living your life to the fullest. A trained surgeon with extensive experience can greatly reduce recovery time and the intensity itself. Less pain and less discomfort, with a specialist surgeon who is always open to your inquiries before and after the operation, will help you overcome stress and fear.
How Much is Body Surgery – Prices and Costs?
Some cosmetic Body Surgery procedures might fall under Medicare-covered procedures. As a rule, procedures that are purely aesthetic in nature will not be eligible for a claim through medicare or PHI. While those that impair the functionality and health are more likely to have an item number, allowing you to make a claim.
It is important to consult with your provider to find out which procedures fall into the group of those funded by health insurance funds and those that are not.
You can visit our pricing page to learn more about payment, approximate prices, payment methods, and more.
Further Reading – Medical References
What Are The Risks Of Body Surgery?
Every surgery comes with certain risks and complications. Some procedures come with more potential risks than others. Side effects are possible and conditioned by the extent of the procedure, the patient’s health and age. As well as the skill of your specialist surgeon. Inexperienced surgeons who are not specialists in the field of surgery can greatly influence the outcome and results.
Like any invasive procedure, the most common possible risks and complications are:
- Implant rupture
- Loss of sensation in the chest area
- Risk of poor reaction to anesthesia
Best Blogs About Body Surgery
- HOW LIPOSUCTION WORKS
- BINGO ARMS BE GONE. BRACHIOPLASTY ‘ARM LIFT’ PROCEDURES REMEDY SAGGY BAGGY ARMS
- TUMMY TUCK RECOVERY AFTER SURGERY
- 10 WAYS TUMMY TUCK SURGERY CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE
- LIPOSUCTION: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO LIPO SURGERY
FAQ About Body Surgery – Body Surgery FAQs
How long should I wait after pregnancy before having a Tummy Tuck surgery?
We recommend waiting for one year (12 months) after childbirth before having tummy surgery.
You are however most welcome to come in for a consultation at any time to plan for your upcoming surgery. Early consultations can be very beneficial. They can help you prepare your body for the best surgery outcomes as well as plan your recovery time.
How do you decide on a procedure such as a tummy tuck or an extended lipectomy?
- Only a Surgeon can properly evaluate your best procedure options and explain WHY they think a particular surgical approach will help you.
- Attend a no-obligation procedure with a Plastic Surgeon to find out which option you have. As well as what can and cannot be accomplished through each approach.
- Recognise that results can vary from patient to patient and not all patients are suitable candidates for surgical procedures.
- Download a GUIDE for pre-consultation information THEN schedule a consultation for personalised advice.
Can you change your body shape with plastic surgery?
- Yes, thanks to various surgical treatments, it is possible to shape your body the way you want, within reason. You can learn more about this in your initial consultation with your plastic surgeon.
What is Full Body plastic surgery?
- Full Body Plastic Surgery would be a set of surgical processes, of wide extensiveness. In which the surgeon would change the appearance of multiple areas of your body in one process.
How much is full-body plastic surgery?
- Much like the procedure itself the price is individual for each patient and depends on multiple factors. Avoid offers that contain a set price for plastic surgery. A set price is a red flag, it can indicate that the surgery is not customised.
Combined Surgery Procedures
Patients often seek more than one body surgery. Especially if they have undergone body or breast changes due to pregnancy, breastfeeding or menopause. Combined torsoplasty procedures may help reduce costs and recovery time compared to having these surgeries done separately.
Your Surgeon will be able to suggest and advise on the preferred Body Contouring procedure/s for you. Their assessment depends on your particular condition and what approach will work best to attain a successful surgical result.