A Guide to the Cost of Plastic Surgery in Victoria
Looking for cheap Cosmetic Surgery Packages, Free Breast Surgery or the cheapest Boob Job in Melbourne?
Discount cosmetic surgery may be fraught with unexpected outcomes and extra costs you weren’t expecting. We think you should AVOID cheap plastic or cosmetic surgery deals. Offering cheap surgery usually means less trained doctors – often non-Specialists who lack FRACS recognition and who are not allowed to operate in accredited private hospitals, and who can only operate in their backrooms or day surgery centres.
You might just avoid a Botched Surgery by not choosing a ‘pop up’ clinic with undertrained ‘pop up’ doctors, cheap operating rooms and using cheap inferior breast implants for just $7,000 or less!
This may mean higher risks of complications or of ‘awake surgery’ due to not having your major surgery performed in a genuine Hospital setting with General Anaesthetists and a very experienced Surgeon, as well as not having emergency care right on hand if something doesn’t go to plan. We have seen many botched cases of surgery done by undertrained doctors. Many are now de-registered. Sometimes the botched surgery can’t be fixed. The best time to get surgery right is the first time.
Bargain Surgery Deals and Your Risks – Cosmetic Surgery Consumers Beware
Patients are advised to beware of deals and the actual process of choosing the right Surgeon, including knowing what you’re actually choosing (FRACS or not? ASPS/ASAPS or not?), how much EVERYTHING will cost (not just the Surgeon’s fee but also the facility/hospital fee, Anaesthetist, post-operation garments and follow-up care, for example), what can be expected during your RECOVERY period, and how to minimise scars after your operation.
Need a major cosmetic surgery operation?
Always choose an accredited hospital setting and a genuine FRACS Plastic Surgeon.
Consider that Patient Safety Protocols and sterilisation/sanitation is typically monitored at higher and more Consistent levels in hospital settings than might be found in a small back-room operating table.
Questions to ask your Surgeon and to research online:
- WHO is actually in charge of the theatre where you’re having an operation?
- WHAT is their level of care and WHO’s responsible?
- WHICH patients are happy with their results in online forums?
- WHO is actually operating on you and does AHPRA recognise them as a Specialist in their area of medicine?
- WHY have surgery where you can’t even drink the water, let alone risk exposing your fresh surgery incision lines to it? (think super-bug bacteria potential)
Specialist Plastic Surgeons vs Non-Specialists in Cosmetic Surgery – is there a difference?
- Let’s face it – surgery is a serious endeavour with risks – it’s NOT the same as price shopping for chocolate, makeup or shoes!
- When it comes to medical care, quite often the cliche you get what you pay for DOES apply – and if you’re not paying much, you may NOT get what you THINK you’re getting – e.g. you might get low-quality implants rather than top-recognised brands such as Motiva or Mentor, or you might get cosmetic injectables that aren’t the real thing (quality DOES matter when it comes to surgery and cosmetic injections), or you might get a junior surgeon as was revealed in news stories about a Sydney clinic offering “cheap boob jobs”.
Prices of Plastic Surgery in Australia can and do vary, depending on your Surgeon, Hospital, Theatre time and surgery requirements.
That noted you are unlikely to find cheap cosmetic surgery procedures being performed by top Surgeons with advanced Plastic Surgery training and qualifications.
- That’s primarily because good Surgeons don’t tend to cut corners to offer discounts.
- They tend to want to do things properly – from adequate pre-surgery consults and patient education materials such as guides to choosing the right procedure and prosthesis for you, to using advanced 3D imaging and no-drain surgery when applicable, to minimising your healing time and scars.
- They’ll be focused on helping you via advanced surgical training and techniques, learned through a lifetime of training and ongoing education as well as decades of being an expert Plastic Surgeon, using state of the art equipment and recovery aids that smaller clinics usually cannot afford to buy, such as scar minimisation lasers and other tools
Remember, a good Surgeon is worth paying for – you only have one body, one face, one set of eyelids, and one nose – and you often cannot just ‘start over’ after having a primary procedure that’s not gone to plan or to your liking.
Revision Plastic or Cosmetic surgery for “botched” procedures are complex and costly.
Our team of leading Melbourne and Sydney Surgeons DO get asked to revise the results of many botched surgeries, often by patients who were misinformed about the type of Doctor operating on them, or who went for discounted surgery options or overseas medical tourism. It’s just not worth it in our opinion, and waiting lists for Revision Surgery by an expert in Plastic Surgery Revisions can be years long. Not all Surgeons will offer to revise the botched outcome of a cheap procedure (as not everything can be fixed). So beware the risks of choosing an option based on price alone. Do your research and your homework when you choose your Plastic Surgeon.
Expert Opinions and Advanced Surgical Expertise – vs Cutting Corners in Cosmetic Procedures
Revision surgery to fix surgical mistakes and unsatisfactory results are very costly — it’s not something you should risk because you’ll face yourself in the mirror nearly every day of your life.
Plus, if you get cheap surgery and it goes wrong, you might not have adequate after-care from your original surgeon and – sadly – some things just can’t be fixed at all. So shopping for discounts on breast, body, face or rhinoplasty surgery is not the best idea. Here’s why.
Please note: This is an opinion piece by our blogging team and may not reflect the opinions of the Surgeons we care for and write about at our Clinic location in Sydney and Melbourne.
Is cheap cosmetic surgery or a discount breast implant surgery really worth the risks? We don’t think so.
Neither does the NSW Government and other Boards who are trying to increase monitoring of doctors offering Cosmetic Surgery who are NOT FRACS qualified as Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeons.
We hear many sad stories of people who went overseas for cheap breast augmentation surgery, or a cheap tummy tuck or breast lift/breast reduction – and who really wished they hadn’t.
“We had one patient consult with Dr Craig Rubinstein, who then went to Thailand for breast surgery. She came back to see us with a serious complication – a dead nipple. The Thai Surgeon had cut the blood supply to the nipple and so the nipple had died and fallen out. We can’t fix that.”
Dead nipples after a botched breast job are not uncommon. It means the nipple has necrosis and cannot be saved. Revision breast surgery is expensive and psychologically/emotionally exhausting and a botched result can leave a patient extremely upset about their appearance.
Also, there are a variety of breast implants on the market. Not all breast implants have the manufacturing standards and track-records of brands such as MOTIVA and MENTOR.
- In our Clinics, we insist on using high quality, well-known brand implants.
- And if you do your homework, you’ll know that Mentor and Motiva are quality breast prosthesis for breast augmentation.
- They are well known by Australian Plastic Surgeons for offering patients longevity of results, helped along by following the 14 safety points of breast augmentation.
- Cheap discount implants just aren’t worth it!
- Ak our nurses or your Surgeon about the cheap French-made implant problems that were in the news some years ago – not an implant our Surgeons would use.
- But if you chose a Surgeon offering cheap surgery, they could be cutting corners such as using cheaper implants without the track record of Motiva or Mentor implants.
- Or you could find yourself with numerous out of pocket expenses you weren’t expecting – because your QUOTE wasn’t actually all-inclusive (e.g. be sure you know what you’re comparing if you’re comparing quote costs of breast surgery in Melbourne or Sydney – does it include ALL expenses, bandages, and post-op garments and follow up visits? Or is that cheap advertised price JUST the price of one component of your procedure, e.g. the Surgeon’s fee alone but nothing else?)
Breast Implant Brands and Differences – Motiva and Mentor are our team’s preferred options for Breast Augmentation
We only use high-quality implants from reputable breast implant manufacturers with high-quality control.
Don’t risk it – cheap cosmetic surgery is typically NO bargain
- Don’t choose the cheapest surgeon or cheap cosmetic surgery — don’t risk an under-qualified surgeon.
- Remember, ALL surgery carries risks and results will vary no matter which Surgeon you choose – but choosing a skilled expert can help you to minimise certain preventable risks.
- (Not all risks can be minimised but a good Surgeon DOES prioritise patient-safety standards and best-practice patient care regimes and follow-up visits).
- Think about the patient-safety considerations and LONG TERM results – rather than “quick fixes” by an unknown Doctor who isn’t FRACS.
In our primary Clinics, we only have highly experienced plastic surgeons performing breast implant and breast lift or breast reduction surgeries.
- No newbies / no juniors.
- Peer-respected and conservative in approach with proven methods and procedure techniques (no new, wildly dangerous procedures such as butt-augmentation)
- No under-qualified doctors who aren’t recognised by AHPRA.
- Long-standing and highly-respected Surgeons who have reputations as being experts in Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery procedures.
Plastic Surgery in Thailand and overseas – Just Don’t Do it!
Needing a Revision? You’ll likely find the experience a challenge and not everything can be fixed.
Don’t set yourself up for expensive revision surgery by choosing an unknown or less trained Surgeon, or a Surgeon who isn’t licensed to operate in a fully Accredited Australian Hospital. Our Specialist Surgeons are fully-qualified to operate in some of the best Private Hospitals in Melbourne (and our FRACS qualified colleagues do the same in Sydney).
Plus, because they are regulars in your home town/operating location, they have a vested stake in you getting a GOOD result from Surgery – unlike doctors who operate overseas, they are going to see you again – regularly – to check on your results over time. They take pride in the longevity and quality of your results – so be sure you attend all follow-up visits after having a procedure and keep us up to date with your phone and address details!
Choosing to have plastic surgery is one of the most important decisions that you will ever make.
Choosing an experienced, specialist plastic surgeon to perform your surgery is even more important. You deserve the thoroughness, attention to detail and continuous after-care that a FRACS Australian Plastic Surgeon can provide.”
Sadly, many candidates for plastic surgery have recently gone overseas to save money on their surgery. Plastic Surgery should definitely be done in Australia as it requires frequent aftercare, support and follow up.
The risks of infection and complication are also higher when overseas and travelling on planes. The best time to get surgery right is the first time. Some things just can’t be fixed. Please don’t risk it – we have seen their mistakes – come and see what we can work out for you.
Please phone us on 1300 264 811 in Melbourne if you would like to meet with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Eyelid Surgery expert or see more Before and After photographs of surgery results in our Clinic.
What we do differently for Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery
- Choice of experienced and Qualified Plastic Surgeons (NOT Cosmetic Physicians)
- All major operations performed in major Australian accredited hospitals
- Highly Trained specialist staff and surgical team
- Highest quality breast implants from Mentor and Motiva
- Continuous After-Care and Support
We operate in major Accredited Hospitals in Melbourne, Berwick or Sydney
- Our Surgeons operate in major accredited hospitals with qualified Anaesthetists.
- We avoid operating using light twilight sedation in day surgeries or backrooms (major procedures).
- You deserve only the best cosmetic plastic surgery patient-care and surgery planning methods, provided by highly-experienced Surgeons.
SURGERY is a big event – You’re worth it!
Our team of Plastic Surgeons is one of the largest, most experienced groups of Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeons for surgery of the face, eyelids, nose, breasts, abdomen and body in Australia.
All work individually but meet regularly as a team. As individual Surgeons, they use their own techniques they’ve honed over many decades. But patients benefit from these experts being in one location, as they can cross-consult and discuss complex surgery cases when required; because they AIM to provide patients with an exceptional care experience and a positive, long-lasting surgery outcome.
We take patient satisfaction seriously and are always striving to improve our patient care processes, surgical and patient education expertise.
Want quality surgical care and an experienced, customised BESPOKE cosmetic surgery procedure?
Visit with one of our team’s TOP Specialist Surgeons for your Plastic, Cosmetic or Reconstructive Surgery of the face, nose, breasts or body.
Contact us today to schedule your initial appointment and further helpful information.
Just fill in the form below and speak with one of our Patient Care Coordinators or visit our other Payment Methods page.