Specialist Plastic Surgeon Melbourne
MBCHB(Hons) – Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (honours)
FRCS(SA) – Fellowship of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons
FRACS(Plast) Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
AUSTRALIAN SPECIALIST PLASTIC SURGEON
Mr Gary Kode is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon, with experience in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, as well as non-surgical treatments.
He graduated with an MbChb (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery) in 1981 from the University of Cape Town and obtained his Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1991. After spending 3 years as a VMO and Senior Lecturer at the University of Natal, and 5 years in private practice, he relocated to Tasmania. There, he established a private practice, offering a wide range of procedures including, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and non-surgical treatments. With over 33 years of experience in Plastic Surgery, he has performed approximately 25,000 procedures, spanning various areas of the body.
From 2003 to 2008, he served as a Councillor on the Medical Council of Tasmania. In 2008, he was honoured with a Paul Harris Fellowship for his work as a Rotary International Surgeon (ROMAC).
In 2001, he received a Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He assumed the role of Head of the Unit for Plastic Surgery in 2012 and in 2018, he set up an accredited teaching unit at the Launceston General Hospital.
Mr Kode is a member of several organisations, including the Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS), The International Confederation for Plastic and Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, and he holds a Fellowship with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Primary Areas of Focus
Mr Kode is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon known for his procedures involving the face, brow, eyelids, neck, breast, and abdomen. His signature surgeries include Facelift surgery and Breast Augmentation (implants).
- Neck Lift
- Brow Lift
- Eye Lift
- Fat Transfer to Face
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Implant Remove and Replace
- Fat Transfer to Breast
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)
- Thigh Lift (Thighplasty)
- Back Lift
Education, Training and Qualifications
- FRACS – Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Appointed Plastic Surgeon for the Rotary International Surgeon (ROMAC)
- The International Society of Plastic (ISAPS)
- The International Confederation for Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS)
- Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Post-surgical pyoderma gangrenosum as a cause of unexplained wound breakdown. ANZ Journal of Surgery 2021
- Secondary Healing over Novosorb BTM in the unwell patient Australian Journal of Plastic Surgery 2022; 5 (2): 70-73
- Complete healing in a complex patient. Wound Practice and Research 2022; 30 (3) 169-174
- Delayed Debridement of Ovine Johne’s Disease vaccine (Gudair) Inoculation; a case series Australian Journal of Plastic Surgery. 2023; 6 (1)