Dr Stephen Kleid – ENT Surgeon in Hawthorn East, St Kilda East and East Melbourne, Victoria
Australian Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon (Otolaryngologist)
Dr Stephen Kleid is an experienced Ear, Nose and Throat ENT Surgeon (Otolaryngologist) based in Melbourne with a passion for Septo-rhinoplasty, Septoplasty and a strong interest in Rhinoplasty Revision.
Dr Kleid trained at Melbourne University, then completed surgical training at various hospitals including Royal Melbourne, Royal Children’s, The Eye and Ear and St Vincents. He worked as a surgeon at the University of Florida Medical school for further experience.
Dr Kleid has been the senior ENT/HN tumour surgeon at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre since 1989 and was a surgeon at Royal Melbourne for 20 years, eventually becoming Head of the Department.
Dr Stephen Kleid’s Procedures
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Septoplasty – deviated Septum
- Sinus Surgery
- Nostril Sill Reduction
- Reduction of Adams Apple (tracheal shave)
- Otoplasty (Bat ear reduction)
Download Dr Stephen Kleid’s Bio
Dr Stephen Kleid consults in three Melbourne practice locations, Hawthorn East, St Kilda East and East Melbourne.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons(FRACS)
- Member Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons (AAFPS)
- Member American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons
- Member Australian and New Zealand Head and Neck Cancer Society
- Member American Head and Neck Surgery Society
- Member American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Dr Kleid studied Medicine at Melbourne University and the Royal Melbourne Hospital Clinical School, where I graduated with Honours in Surgery and Obstetrics/Gynaecology in 1977.
- Over 20 years of Nose Surgery
- Have done over 1000 nose procedures and 500 Rhinoplasties
- Dr Kleid assisted with research into the Cochlear Implant (Bionic ear) and is still involved in research into Throat and Mouth cancers, Thyroid tumours, Parotid tumours, Rhinoplasty and snoring/sleep apnoea.
Teaching and Lecturing
- He teaches and lectures to Medical students, Surgical trainees, and Surgeons from overseas who come to Melbourne for extra training, and is frequently invited to lecture at conferences in Australia and abroad.
- Dr Kleid currently lives in Melbourne with his wife Susie and has three daughters.
- He enjoys playing pennant tennis and keeping fit at the gym
Dr Stephen Kleid is a Member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, to which all ENT information stems. Visit entnet.org