MBBS Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Medicine
FRACS Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Dr Stephen Kleid – ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) Surgeon is currently working in Hawthorn East, St Kilda East and East Melbourne, Victoria
Australian Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon (Otolaryngologist)
Dr Stephen Kleid is an experienced Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon (Otolaryngologist) based in Melbourne with a passion for Septo-rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, as well as, a strong interest in Rhinoplasty Revision.
Dr Kleid trained at Melbourne University, then completed surgical training at various hospitals including Royal Melbourne, Royal Children’s, The Eye and Ear and St Vincents. He worked as a surgeon at the University of Florida Medical school for further experience.
Dr Kleid has been the senior ENT/HN tumour surgeon at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre since 1989 and was a surgeon at Royal Melbourne for 20 years, eventually becoming Head of the Department.
Dr Stephen Kleid’s Procedures
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Septoplasty also known as deviated Septum
- Sinus Surgery
- Nostril Sill Reduction
- Reduction of Adams Apple, also known as a tracheal shave
- Otoplasty ( Ear pinning/Ear reduction)
Download Dr Stephen Kleid’s Bio
Dr Stephen Kleid consults in three Melbourne practice locations, Hawthorn East, St Kilda East and also East Melbourne.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons (AAFPS)
- American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons
- Australian and New Zealand Head and Neck Cancer Society
- American Head and Neck Surgery Society
- As well as, American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
Dr Kleid studied Medicine at both Melbourne University and the Royal Melbourne Hospital Clinical School, where he graduated with Honours in Surgery and Obstetrics/Gynaecology in 1977.
Dr Kleid has over 20 years of experience performing Nose Surgeries. Furthermore, Dr Kleid has not only performed over 1000 nose procedures but he has so performed over 500 Rhinoplasties
Dr Kleid assisted with research into the Cochlear Implant (Bionic ear) and is still involved in research into Throat and Mouth cancers, Thyroid tumours, Parotid tumours, Rhinoplasty and snoring/sleep apnoea.
Teaching and Lecturing
- He teaches and lectures not only to Medical students and Surgical trainees, but also Surgeons from overseas who come to Melbourne for extra training.
- He is also frequently invited to lecture at conferences both in Australia and abroad.
- Dr Kleid currently lives in Melbourne with his wife Susie and has three daughters.
- He enjoys playing pennant tennis and keeping fit at the gym
Dr Stephen Kleid is a Member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, to which all ENT(Ear, Nose and Throat) information stems.