Is your neckline losing definition? Does it blend into your chin at an angle Do you miss a firmer jawline and less sagging neck? Neck lift surgery and/or facelift surgery can help redefine your jawline, chin region and neckline contours for an enhanced, smoother and firmer skin appearance.
Neck Lift Surgery with neck liposuction – and other Facial Rejuvenation surgery or skin care treatments – can help.
Neck lift surgery helps to redefine the neck and jawline area for a firmer, smoother appearance.
- Neck lift surgery CAN be performed as a solo procedure, but it is often combined with facelift surgery and/or skin resurfacing.
- The outcome from having a neck lift procedure is less skin ptosis (sagging skin folds) and less prominently protruding platysma bands (those vertical muscle bands that leave necks looking agitated, angry or overworked.
The benefit of Neck Surgery (Plastic Cosmetic Surgery)
- Restoring a firmer, more youthful neckline and lower face has a rejuvenating effect on your appearance
- This is why patients often combine facelift, neck lift and eyelid surgery for a more holistic rejuvenation outcome
Who should you see about having a Neck Surgery in Melbourne
- Our Plastic Surgeons at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery are experts at reducing signs of ageing skin on facial appearances
- They use the latest advanced surgical techniques, meaning your result will still be natural looking and harmonious with your overall appearance
- These facial surgery techniques have come a very long way since our parent’s generation; so you WON’T end up looking ‘overdone’ or too tightly pulled – find out HOW we achieve more natural looking results that are ALSO long lasting by attending a consultation or an event
- We even offer computerised 3D facial imaging with or some of our facial surgery consultation sessions! (Be sure to request this type of consult if these methods are of interest to you).
Recognise that results DO vary from patient to patient and invasive surgery has risks.
- Phone us for a personalised, confidential consultation by phoning 1300 264 811
- Or send an enquiry form
Consultations are the first step to having your neckline, jawline and/or facial skin improved through advanced facial rejuvenation techniques including a neck lift or double-chin fat reduction treatment.
Download Our Facial Rejuvenation Guide
For Neck Lift Surgery
- Our team operates at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne
- They insist on using very experienced anaesthetists and a top surgical support team to give YOUR excellent patient care – at EVERY STEP of your surgical journey
Expertise in Neck Lift Surgery and Plastic Surgery for Rejuvenation
- technical expertise in surgical tissue adjustments and fine-incision line suturing
- proprietary scar minimisation techniques
- chemical skin peels and low-level light therapy healing and recovery treatments
- RAPID RECOVERY PACKAGES – scientifically evidence-based recovery aids
ALL to help you heal for a better recovery process and long-lasting result.
Plus, they have special PROTOCOLS designed to minimise scars after a necklift or facelift
Considering Facelift or Neck Lift Surgery? Download our informative cosmetic facial surgery book(s).
Click the image to request a download.
Am I a good candidate for a Neck Lift Surgery or combined Neck and Face Lift Surgery?
Do you suffer from:
- prominent neck bands
- an unsightly “turkey neck”
- the double chin appearance
- a ‘chook’ neck (wobbly skin hanging down beneath the chin and jawline)
- neck wrinkles or deep neck skin folds
- a bulging or heavy-looking neckline
Has having this type of neck – or having an indistinguishable jawline – caused you to?
- dislike looking at photos of yourself especially from the side
- feel a reduced self-confidence when you’re having photos taken or meeting someone for the first time in a date or interview
- look older than you wish
- experience clothing tightness around your neckline
- have to wear large open neck shirts to accommodate neck girth
- feel less attractive and less feminine
Considering a Neck Lift Procedure or other rejuvenating Cosmetic Plastic Surgery?
- As we age, the skin on the neck area – and the tissues beneath the skin – tend to loosen and become inelastic. This effect is sometimes referred to as a ‘turkey neck.’
- This problem is known as skin ptosis or sagging/loose skin.
- Alternatively or in combination with loose skin, the platysma bands of the neck may become more visibly pronounced (depending on your skin thickness), leaving you looking very tense around the neck
Men and women get these neck skin conditions equally, and good candidates can benefit tremendously from neck or facial surgery in terms of firming up their jawline/neckline.
- An aged, double-chin style ageing neckline can become an unwanted sign of facial ageing on an otherwise younger looking person
- Sometimes men find it easier to hide their bulky neck skin with high collars or cravats.
- Women’s fashions often reveal the neckline more openly, so women usually treat this earlier than men do
From a visual perspective:
- the dermal tissue looseness AND lowered elasticity of the skin
- plus weakened superficial muscles in the neck area AND/OR over-worked platysma bands
- tends to become apparent in the form of bands or rings of loose neck skin over “droopy” inelastic tissue
Slack, loose-hanging neck skin that has lost its elasticity or tone can be reduced through Neck Lift Surgery, often combined with lower face lifting procedures BUT which may also be performed as a stand-alone procedure (often with liposuction and excision methods depending on the neck area fat or skin redundancy).
Benefits of a Neck Lift Surgery along with Liposuction or Neck Fat Adjustments
Neck lift patients who are suitable candidates find that they:
- look younger after surgery (their neckline formerly aged their facial appearance)
- feel more photogenic or are happier with their side-view profile
- gain a more defined jawline area and/or chin
- have a thinner looking neck or rediscover their distinctive contours around the lower face
Neck Lift Cosmetic Surgery Procedure – Plastic Surgery Information | Melbourne
- A neck lift procedure lifts the back (rear) corner of the platysma
- To reach this area of the muscle, a small incision is made behind the ear, above and behind the “hinge” of the jaw; as the muscle is surgically lifted and re-positioned, it draws the surrounding tissue up
- This greatly reduces looseness in neck skin and smooths or firms the underlying tissues
- Liposuction and/or fat transfer procedures may be combined with other neck surgeries for a better result, but this depends on your individual needs
Sometimes extra surgery methods that address the edge of the platysma and/or skin at the BACK of the neck is needed, as well as the front of the neck, to get a better effect.
Are you a Good Candidate for Combined Procedures?
Depending on your rejuvenating goals, you might want to combine one or more additional procedures when you schedule your neck lift surgery, including:
- Lower Face Lift and/or chemical peel skin resurfacing to reduce wrinkles
- Brow Surgery or Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Anti-wrinkle injections (injectables) and dermal fillers or fat transfer to the face (restores lost volume)
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty) or revision rhinoplasty for an earlier nose job where you didn’t like your results
- Other body contouring or breast enhancement surgery (Breast Lift, Breast Reduction, Enlargement/Uplift)
- Arm Lift (upper arm contouring) – brachioplasty arm girth reduction
- Liposuction and Body Contouring Procedures
If any other face, body or breast procedures are of interest to you, just ask your Surgeon about potentially combining procedures. Phone 1300 264 811
Neck Lift Surgery Healing & Recovery
- Around the incision site(s), you will have some post-op dressings just after the operation
- The dressings are typically removed approximately 1 day or more after the operation
- You’ll be provided with, and asked to wear, an elastic chin strap
- You will also need sleep with your head and shoulders ELEVATED for the first 7 to 10 days after surgery
- After Surgery, expect some swelling – but this typically subsides within a few days or a week or two for most patients (some variability)
- Some light bruising is also expected after surgery; this settles within a few days or weeks and the Rapid Recovery Package ingredients can facilitate recovery
- Expect to take about 2 to 3 weeks away from work or normal activities as you heal
Get a Confidential Consultation for Neck Lift Surgery or other facial surgery by our leading Melbourne expert Plastic Surgeon(s).
Phone 1300 264 811 to make a booking ($300 booking fee applies; and due to high demand for facial consultations, advanced notice is usually helpful).
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ask us to schedule 3D imaging WHEN YOU BOOK your consultation (if that’s important to you) as it’s not always standard in consultation but may sometimes be used
Meet our Surgeons: Who performs Neck lift surgery at your Melbourne and Victoria-based locations?
- Our team’s top Neck Lift Surgeons operate in some of Melbourne’s best private hospitals.
- We have several facial surgeons to choose from including Dr Geoff Barnett (FRACS) in Melbourne, and Dr Richard Sackelariou (in Sydney, with some facial rejuvenation options in Melbourne)
- Meet our Melbourne Cosmetic Surgeons/Plastic Surgeons (all FRACS Plastic Surgeons)
- Our surgeons are GENUINELY qualified FRACS Plastic Surgeons (Specialists) in Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive surgery
- They are highly respected by their peers and patients alike, and they have current membership in important Plastic Surgery training groups such as ASAPS, ASPS and/or ISAPS
- They also graduated from (and have lectured in) top Melbourne area Universities
- They regularly attend the best international Plastic Surgery training sessions, available ONLY to FRACS and ASAPS/ASPS qualified Plastic Surgeons (FULLY accredited)
- Note that Cosmetic Surgeons or general surgeons CANNOT attend these sessions
- That’s because cosmetic surgeons, who are often a GP, dentist or skin doctor, are not recognised by AHPRA as a Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon
- Our Surgeons have also trained, worked with and/or presented alongside several of the world’s best known Plastic Surgeons from all around the globe
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
Send an enquiry form today or phone us on 1300 264 811 (Hawthorn).
Australia Medical and Surgical Resources