How much does Facelift surgery cost in Melbourne?
The Facelift prices for plastic surgery can vary significantly; from around $10,500 to $12,000 for a low-cost procedure with a less experienced Doctor or Surgeon, to approx. $13,000 to $18,000 with an experienced FRACS Plastic Surgeon, and could be more than $18,000 for more complex procedures involving an expert Specialist Plastic Surgeon specialising in Facial Rejuvenation procedures.
Facelift surgery is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure. Finding a specific price range or figure for this surgery can be difficult. This is because the cost of a Facelift surgery can vary according to a number of factors. The surgical approach/technique, your chosen surgeon and the hospital where your surgery is performed may all impact on price.
This blog and video will explore the differences in surgery costs for facelift surgery, and help you to understand the full costs of a Facelift in Australia.
Download Our Facial Rejuvenation Guide
Why do Facelift prices vary?
The cost of Face Lift surgery will often vary depending on 6 important factors:
The cost of Facelift surgery depends not just on your Surgeon’s qualifications, but also on what you need to be corrected. The face is divided into thirds, making facelift a procedure that is tailor-made to suit the patients’ needs and wants.
1. Who is performing your surgery?
Before deciding on a Surgeon, you should consider their:
- level of expertise (are they a highly regarded expert?)
- professional accreditations and training qualifications
- technical abilities
- surgical experience and skills (how many procedures have they performed?)
2. What is included in your surgery quote/price estimate?
Not every surgery quote may include all of the necessary aspects of your Facelift surgery, such as anaesthetic costs, facility fees, post-operative care, surgery garments, medication, recovery aids and more. Therefore, be sure to review your price estimate, otherwise, you may be hit with unexpected expenses. It may also be helpful to ask:
- What type of anaesthetic or local pain management is going to be used to help reduce discomfort?
- Where will my scars be located and how will they be treated?
- Is scar minimisation/management included in the cost of surgery?
3. When will your surgery be performed?
- If you are planning surgery several months or more in advance, be aware that prices may change.
- As a result, we recommend speaking to a member of our Patient Care Team about rapidly-changing hospital fees etc.
4. Where will your surgery be performed?
- Will you be under General Anaesthetic in a hospital or under Local Anaesthetic in a clinic back room?
- Using local anaesthetic and sedatives in a day clinic may lessen the cost of your surgery but lead to increased discomfort or higher risks
- Do you want to be ‘awake’ during your procedure – or comfortably under general anaesthesia with an overnight hospital stay for pain management?
5. Why are you having the procedure?
Facelift procedures are deemed purely cosmetic and cannot be claimed with Medicare or Health Funds.
6. How will your procedure be planned and performed?
How long is your procedure going to take? Is it fully customised and expertly planned? Facelift surgery usually takes approx. 2-5 hours depending on the complexity of the procedure and length of time required to perform it. More complex Facelift procedures often require a greater level of pre-surgery planning, surgical skill and theatre time, therefore resulting in a higher cost.
Average prices for Facelift Surgery
Surgery prices: low-cost, mid-range or premier price range.
*Below is an estimate of the range of Brachioplasty surgery prices in Melbourne, however, figures are not exact. All patients require a consultation to get a detailed and accurate assessment of requirements and surgery option.
Low-Cost Facelift Prices
Prices typically range from just $6,500 to $12,000
Low-cost surgery is typically performed by a general surgeon or GP without RACS recognition in a clinic backroom using ‘awake’ or “twilight’ anaesthetic. Surgery in this price range will not be carried out by an Accredited Plastic Surgeon in a Hospital, and General Anaesthetic typically is not used. It may also be a “Skin incision only” or a Facial laser treatment NOT full Facelift Surgery. Caveat Emptor – Let the Buyer Beware.
As a result, the procedure may not be fully customised to address your concerns and your ‘Surgeon’ may not have hospital admitting rights should something not go to plan. Also, patients may experience unexpected out-of-pocket costs, limited post-operative care and no recovery aids or surgical scar management.
If you’re considering backroom surgery options to reduce Facelift Surgery, we recommend you view the ABC 4 Corners special report on back-room operations.
Mid-Range Facelift Prices
Prices typically range from $13,000 to $20,000
Generally, Facelift surgery by an experienced, FRACS recognised Plastic Surgeon can range from $13,000 to $20,000 or even higher. However, surgery costs can vary depending on what you need. Your Surgeon’s qualifications and other factors such as the below should be considered:
- patient follow-up care standards and post-surgery recovery aids
- garments required after surgery for good results
- review post-op appointments
Premium Facelift Prices
Prices are typically $20,000 +
Advanced and fully customised Facelift Surgery that is planned and performed by a highly-experienced, FRACS Plastic Surgeon can cost anywhere from $20,000 or more, depending on who you choose and their facility/staffing costs and your Surgeon’s surgery fees, as well as the complexity of your operation and follow-up care. Read about our Top Melbourne Facelift Surgeon and ask us about others nearby who also have FRACS recognition and excellent and trusted patient reviews.
Choosing a qualified Facelift Surgeon
- Remember, all cosmetic surgery is invasive and has risks.
- Surgery should also be custom-planned and performed by an expert to reduce risks and revision rates.
- Never accept a one-size-fits-all approach. A fully customised procedure is essential for a long-lasting, successful result.
Be sure to choose a Surgeon who:
- Has FRACS recognition.
- Fully customises every surgery procedure to meet your specific skin condition, surgical preferences and desired result.
- Communications openly about what surgery can and cannot achieve.
- Provides you with all information about potential surgery risks and surgery recovery times.
- Listens and respects your views.
- Gives expert care and science-based advice.
Considering Facelift Surgery?
What to do next?
Our Patient Liaison Team can assist with any questions you may have when considering a procedure. You can send in an enquiry form below or call our Melbourne Clinic between 8am-6pm, Monday – Friday.