Eyelid Surgery Price Ranges | Average Blepharoplasty prices in Melbourne
The average Eyelid Surgery price for procedures performed in Melbourne can vary in range, with approximate prices ranging from several thousand to around $5000 – $10,000 and higher. The cost of surgery depends on a number of factors, such as your Surgeon’s level of expertise and the condition of your eyelid area. We will take a closer look at these deciding factors plus more in further detail below.
Why do Blepharoplasty prices ranges vary?
The cost of Blepharoplasty Surgery in Melbourne varies from Surgeon to Surgeon and is generally determined by a number of factors.
The primary reasons for varying Eyelid Surgery prices in Melbourne include:
- your chosen Surgeon’s level of skill and expertise
- time spent in theatre
- requirements for surgery (typically customised to suit each patient)
- type of anaesthetic used
- custom planning (remember, all patients are unique and surgery needs to be custom planned for each individual eye)
Blepharoplasty surgery is an extremely precise and complex procedure, therefore you want to choose an expert Surgeon to perform your surgery. Eye Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne have varying levels of skills and expertise, so be sure to choose your Surgeon wisely.
Eyelid Surgery prices explained
Average price ranges for Blepharoplasty surgery in Melbourne are listed below. They take into account the following components:
WHO – Surgeon choice: how adept is your Surgeon at getting good results and reducing complications?
- Ability: who is performing the surgery? Above all, you should consider your Surgeon’s level of expertise, training, skills and qualifications.
- Recommended surgeons include Eye Surgeons or Plastic Surgeons.
- Expertise: how many Blepharoplasty procedures have they have performed and are they highly regarded as an expert?
WHAT – Inclusions: what is included in the price estimate or formal cost quote for your eyelid surgery?
- Is everything included in your price quote for Blepharoplasty, or are you going to get hit with unexpected expenses such as anaesthetic, facility fees, medication, recovery aids and more?
- What type of anaesthetic and local numbing is being used to help reduce any discomfort or pain?
- Will you get a ‘skinny scar’ incision line or a larger one – and how will scars be managed?
WHEN – Timing: When is your surgery going to be performed?
- Ask a Patient Care Coordinator about rapidly-changing hospital fees and changing rebate criteria for patients with eyelid ptosis.
- Note: Insurance policy classification changes are underway in 2019
WHY – What reasons are you having eyelid surgery?
- Cosmetic vs medical reasons (field of vision impairment)
- Degree of ptosis (field of vision-impairing or mild ptosis only)
- Aesthetic ideals and other corrections desired
WHERE – Where are you are having eyelid surgery performed?
- General Anaesthetic in a hospital
- Using local anaesthetic and sedatives (optional) in a clinic backroom
HOW – How long is your procedure going to take?
- Complexity: depends on technical surgery expertise required. In other words, your existing skin, health, eyelid ptosis and how complex the surgical correction needs to be
What are the average price ranges of Blepharoplasty in Melbourne?
All patients require a consultation to get an exact quote and assessment of requirements and surgery options. However, below is a rough estimate of the range of Eyelid Surgery prices in Melbourne, Australia.
Low-Range Blepharoplasty prices
Low-cost Eyelid Surgery by a general surgeon (not a Specialist and not an Eye Surgeon) may range from $3,000 to $4,500 in Melbourne.
- Some Surgeons who are not Specialists or very experienced may charge less
- But it is usually best to choose experience and expertise over low-range cost options because revision surgery can be very costly – and not every Eyelid Surgery problem can be fixed through a revision.
- Remember, your vision and facial appearance are both at stake so choose wisely.
Mid-Range Blepharoplasty prices
- Generally, eyelid surgery by an experienced Surgeon can range from $5,800 to $8,000 or more.
- However, pricing can vary depending on the Surgeon’s expertise and the reasons listed above.
- This price may indicate a qualified Specialist Oculoplastic Surgeon (Eye Surgeon/Eyelid Surgeon) or a Plastic Surgeon
- In addition, some Surgeons can do a combined Facelift and Eyelid Lift and Brow Lift
High-Cost Blepharoplasty Prices
- Eyelid surgery on its own, performed by an expert Surgeon in a clinic, usually ranges from $6,500 to $10,000. Although, if performed in a hospital, pricing can increase to between $8,500 to $15,000.
- Combined facial procedures (such as an Eyelid Lift with a Facelift) range from $18,000 to $34,000 to over $60,000. However, pricing will vary depending on your needs, your Surgeon’s fees and hospital costs.
Considering Blepharoplasty surgery? Get our procedure guide!
Unsure about the Plastic Surgery and procedure best for you?
Please contact a Patient Care Team at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery today to book your consultation.