Brow Lift Surgery – Forehead Lift – Top Facial Rejuvenation Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne
A Brow Lift or Forehead lift can help patients with low-positioned brows that are causing hooded eyes. However, sometimes you need more upper face rejuvenation than an Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty) and more Facial injectables can provide.
Facelift Lift Surgery Guide
Learn about Facial Rejuvenation
How Brow Lift Surgery or Forehead Lift can help you look younger
Faces all age differently, but eventually, all faces age. This includes the brow area and upper third of the face.
- Whilst, we might still feel young, our skin and other signs of facial ageing can show our true age.
- A combination of genetics, gravity, lifestyle factors, sun exposure and other environmental interactions can leave you looking older than you feel.
- A brow lift may be the best procedure to combat upper facial ageing.
- It is often combined with; a eyelid procedure, a facelift, neck lift and fat transfer to face along with facial dermal filler injections or chemical skin peels.
The key signs of ageing on a face are often; sagging jowls, a wrinkled, furrowed brow, and deep lines and skin folds around the eyes, lips, neck and chin.
Fortunately, facial rejuvenation surgery such as a Browlift procedure combined with skin treatments or facelift procedures can:
- Help raise a drooping brow line
- Give the impression of fresher, younger-looking eyes
- Reduce wrinkles and deep lines
- Resurface or smooth the skin
- Strengthen skin collagen and improve cellular renewal
- Treat hyper-pigmentation or remove skin lesions
- Tighten loose skin around the jowls and neck area
- Replace lost volume around cheeks, eyes or other areas of the face.
Combined procedures for Facial Rejuvenation – Surgical and Non-surgical approaches
To reach your rejuvenation aims, you may need more than one procedure. Even non-surgical approaches are often invasive, so be sure you understand that all invasive procedures have risks and results can vary from patient to patient.
Successful results from Browlift Surgery depend upon
- What specific improvements or aesthetics you are wanting to attain
- Whether or not this is achievable through surgery alone or through a combination of procedures, if at all. In other words, it is important to have realist expectations.
- Skin Health: the condition of your skin in terms of texture, collagen strength and laxity
- Overall facial features
- What other procedures you may have had done previously
You may want purely upper facial rejuvenation procedures (brow lift, eyelid lift) or you may be better off with a mini-facelift, full facelift or neck lift or combined procedures.
Facial rejuvenation patients may require further dermal injectables to help further refine the facial appearance or reduce wrinkles.
Surgery can reposition and smooth, but sometimes a facelift or neck lift AND/OR dermal filler injections may help re-volumise areas of the face affected by skeletal atrophy (reducing the gaunt temple area and downward drooping skin appearance).
- Your surgeon will help you understand which procedures can get you the best outcome in terms of what you are seeking through your surgery procedure.
- Your Surgeon will also work closely with the Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing Cosmetic Injectors and Dermal Clinicians, as they offer the latest in laser and topical skin revitalisation treatments.
Hospitals for BROW LIFT Surgical Procedures
- You’ll be glad to know that our Plastic Surgeons operate at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne.
- They only use experienced Anaesthetists and a top Surgical Support team.
- They’ll help you attain a natural-looking rejuvenation result that doesn’t leave you looking ‘over-done’ or ‘wind-blown.’
Brow Lifts are popular for all genders
- As we age, we lose elasticity in the tissues of our face.
- One consequence of this loss of elasticity is a descent or drooping of the brow.
- If your brow looks low-set and your eyes are less visible than you desire, contact our team on 1300 264 811 to book a consultation discussion with a leading Melbourne brow-lift surgery expert.
- Sometimes a Blepharoplasty might be the best procedure for sagging eyelids or eyelid ptosis.
- For more on eyelid lift options, click here.
But for ‘droopy brow’ cases, a Brow Lift procedure may be the most appropriate strategy to rejuvenate the face.
Benefits of having a Surgical Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
A drooping brow causes the appearance of the fullness of the upper eyelids and the area of the brow immediately above the eye.
- A brow lift improves the aesthetic position of the eyelids.
- It helps restore the proportional relationship between the EYE and BROW.
- This helps improve the overall appearance of your face.
Brow lift surgery has greatly increased in popularity in recent years.
- There are more options today than ever before, and many patients will find alternatives to brow lifting.
- But for selected patients, this procedure is the best option to improve their appearance and reduce signs of upper facial ageing.
- Results vary and surgery has risks, so be sure to do your research and choose the RIGHT surgeon for your needs.
- Find out MORE by downloading a recovery guide or procedure guide.
Brow Lift Procedure Information – Melbourne
Each procedure is customised. In general, an example of one approach your Surgeon MIGHT use includes the following steps; but ask your Surgeon for specific details as all surgeons vary in their approaches to a brow lift.
- A series of 10-15mm long incisions may be placed either along the hairline or in the hair-covered skin of the scalp to gain access.
- An endoscope (mini video camera) might then used in conjunction with special instruments to separate the forehead soft tissue and skin from the underlying bone down to the level of the eyebrows.
- The skin of the forehead and eyebrows is then surgically lifted.
- After the brow lift, the newly relocated skin and tissue is held in place with a series of sutures (stitches) attached to the bone.
- These stitches and any other “rejuvenating skin hitching” techniques eventually dissolve. Alternatively they may be removed as part of your post-op care.
- Your surgeon will be able to discuss different options with you.
Get The Injectables Guide for Non Surgical Facial Rejuvenation
Visit the Treatments page.
Will I still need eyelid lift surgery after having a brow lift? Or is a brow lift alone enough?
It varies from patient to patient. The best way to find out what you need is to consult with a Plastic Surgeon.
- Direct surgery on your upper eyelids may become unnecessary after a brow lift.
- OR you may benefit from eyelid lifting AND a brow lift.
- If you also have loose eyelid tissues, a Blephoraplasty may be more called for either on its own as a sole procedure OR in combination with your Browlift.
How long does a brow lift require me to stay in the hospital?
- Brow lift surgery is often performed as a day procedure, but an overnight stay in hospital can be arranged.
- Sometimes you may remain in hospital for longer, especially if you’re combining procedures.
- Consult your Surgeon for pricing, risks and surgery recovery information.
Brow Lift Surgery Recovery Information (General)
Recovery varies from patient to patient. This is general information only and does not replace your Surgeon’s information nor does it constitute a medical relationship.
- Immediately after surgery, you will have some dressings and tapes on your face and brow.
- These are typically removed within a few days after your surgery.
- Patients usually experience some swelling around the surgical site but this usually subsides within a few days.
- A return to work is typically possible after two to three weeks but this CAN vary.
Elevated Sleeping after having a Brow Lift procedure – Surgery Recovery and Sleep
- You will typically need to sleep with your head and shoulders propped up for the first one to two weeks after surgery.
- This can help reduce complications, minimise swelling and aid your recovery.
- Ask your surgeon for specific instructions for post-op care.
Are you a good candidate for Brow Lift Surgery?
Good candidates are usually people that are concerned about their upper facial appearance or more specifically those that have a droopy, low-hanging or uneven brow. Good candidates must also be in good health, have good nutrition and in good health and follow good nutrition. Furthermore, they must have good healing capacity and healthy, resilient skin.
Note that brow asymmetry is normal and may sometimes worsen with age. Surgery MAY help rectify this condition but your brows will remain somewhat asymmetrical. All faces are asymmetrical and different from side to side.
Facial imaging with VECTRA 3D facial imaging may assist you with surgery planning.4
It is not a predictive tool, however. Ask your Surgeon for details.
Our Brow lift surgery experts include Plastic Surgeons Dr Patrick Briggs and Dr Richard Sackelariou (FRACS Specialist Plastic Surgeon and facial rejuvenation Surgeon).
Dr Richard Sackelariou is one of Sydney and Melbourne’s leading Facial rejuvenation Plastic Surgeons offering Facial rejuvenation and Brow Lift procedures, neck lifting techniques and eyelid procedures. He is also one of our GO TO surgeons for Rhinoplasty nose shaping procedures or revision nose jobs.
Dr Patrick Briggs is one of Melbourne’s top Plastic Surgeons for body contouring after weight loss as well as facelift, neck lift surgery, breast surgery and body contouring procedures.
Download Our Facial Rejuvenation Guide
for Facelift or Neck Lift Surgery
Learn about Facial Rejuvenation