Face Surgery options, Facial rejuvenation and enhancement procedures in Melbourne and Sydney including surgery for eyelids, nose, chin, skin, neck, chin and lips
- Rhinoplasty Revision
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Mini Facelift
- SMAS Facelift
- Brow Lift
- Neck Lift
- Chin Augmentation
- Ear Pinning
- Lip Lift
- Fat Transfer To Face
What is Face Surgery?
Your face is always on show, it says a lot more than any other body part, and as such, it is the first thing others notice. Unfortunately, like other parts of our body, our face is not resistant to age and external influences. In fact, as your face is almost always exposed to the elements it is more likely to show the effects of ageing and other lifestyle factors before the rest of your body. A few examples include; Wrinkles deepening, frown lines appearing, the appearances of sunspots and or freckles, changes in skin tone/pigmentation, as well as weakening facial muscles. Satisfaction with one’s appearance not only affects the level of “general” health but can also affect your self-confidence, which can, in turn, affect not only your mental health but also your personal and professional life.
However, thanks to plastic surgery, it is possible to rejuvenate and reshape your face and other facial features. There are many non-invasive facial procedures, but the results of these are short-term and do not offer any long-term change. If you are looking for a more permanent solution, facial surgery may be the right choice for you.
Am I a Good Candidate for Face Surgery?
All surgical procedures have a specific set of requirements that need to be fulfilled in order for the patient to qualify as a good candidate. Every face is different and has different characteristics and surgeries should be individualised depending on the wants and needs of the patient. However, there are certain conditions that must be met in order to be a good candidate for facial surgery. While a person’s age and overall health are taken into consideration some of the other requirements are less obvious. For Example;
- A good candidate will not be a smoker.
- They will have good overall health
- Expectations will be realistic.
- Furthermore, they will not suffer from medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, bleeding disorder, heart disease, or depression.
- Finally, a good candidate will not have other medical conditions that could impair healing or increase the risk of surgery
Benefits Of Face Surgery
There are many options when it comes to face surgery. However, any type of facial surgery is designed to;
- Either, reduce excess, sagging skin along the jaw and jowls
- Restore a more defined jawline
- Tighten up the face for a firmer facial appearance
- Decrease the lines around your lower jowls, chin and lips
- Or, to lift and tighten the deep facial muscles to refresh your facial appearance.
Face Surgery can typically help you look years younger. Furthermore, it can help you not only enjoy a rejuvenated and rested facial appearance but also, boost your confidence. Especially if you feel self-conscious about premature ageing causing you to look older than you actually are.
Many people feel reduced self-esteem and have negative feelings towards their face, neck, or ears. Unfortunately, changes in our face are the first indicator of ageing. Facial surgeries are in high demand among those of middle-age and elderly population. The type of surgical procedure itself is selected by a specialist surgeon according to detailed preoperative analyzes as well as the wishes and needs of the individual patient.
Patients generally achieve a refreshed, natural, and rested look rather than a drawn, pulled and visibly operated one. It is important to note that like the procedure, the benefits of facial surgery are individual. Some may notice smaller, more subtle changes, while others will find the changes more extensive.
Regardless of whether the benefits of surgery represent an aesthetic or functional improvement for you, most patients feel better and more confident after opting for Facial surgery.
Download the Guide for Facial Rejuvenation Surgery
Do you have a lot of questions about Face Surgery? Want to know more before you decide to take the next step?
We have put together this complete guide for you that will introduce you to everything you need to know about the best face surgery and facial rejuvenation techniques!
Most Popular Face Surgery Procedures
Some of the below facial surgeries are among the most sought after and most performed plastic surgeries. For example, Eyelid Surgery is the third most performed corrective surgery in the world, followed by Face Lifting.
Every year, more and more people opt for these aesthetic procedures, but also for lesser-known ones that improve the appearance of the face and facial features.
Some of these surgeries are individual procedures, while some require combined procedures to achieve the desired appearance. The most famous facial surgeries include:
- Face lifting is the most common rejuvenation surgery. The goal of this intervention is to remove excess skin and tighten the deeper connective structure of the face in order to achieve a harmonious and youthful appearance.
- A Mini Facelift is a less invasive form of Facelift and can be the perfect solution for those whose facial changes require less extensive surgery.
- SMAS Facelift is a surgical technique used to attain a more youthful position of the facial skin and underlying structures of the face. The focus of this surgical procedure is mostly on the lower area of the face and neck, as these areas prone to early ageing.
- Brow Lift, or Forehead Lift, is the process of removing excess skin and fat whilst correcting the muscles of the forehead area which as a result tightens the skin and raises sagging eyebrows.
- The neck is one of the first areas on our body to show the first signs of ageing. Wrinkled necks, sometimes referred to as ‘turkey neck’ gives the impression of age. Thankfully this procedure can help create a healthier and more harmonious appearance with more pronounced contours is obtained.
- A large number of patients face are dissatisfied this the appearance of the lower third of the face, in which the chin dominates. This procedure can achieve a more pronounced chin. Furthermore, the methods used are varied and can range from implant placement to fat tissue transfer.
- Prominent or Protruding ears are often a major aesthetic problem for people. Unfortunately, they can be the source of bullying and/or a lack of self-confidence. This simple surgical procedure will help change your ears, making them less prominent.
- An Upper Lip Lift is an operation that solves deviations in the lower third of the face caused by a lowered lip. It is a surgical procedure that corrects and reshapes the aesthetic appearance of the lips.
- Fat Transfer to the face refers to the method of processing and purifying fat for use as an injectable filler in order to achieve certain results in the facial area.
Recovery After Facial Surgery
Recovery is as important as the operative procedure itself. Shorter and easier recovery largely determines the overall impression and experience of plastic surgery. Each recovery is individual and is determined not only by the patient’s age and general health condition, but also the experience of the specialist surgeon and the extent of the surgical procedure.
As each plastic surgery procedure is individual, so too is the time and difficulty of recovery. But there are a few universal facts that apply to all plastic and aesthetic surgeries.
Most importantly, following the surgeon’s instructions can greatly determine recovery as successful, quick, and painless. Following these instructions will help you get back to your daily life and activities as soon as possible.
Also, if your specialist surgeon schedules a follow up appointment, it is important that you attend it so they can monitor your results and ensure a quick and stable recovery.
For more information on recovery, you can visit our page with instructions and guidelines to help you get your recovery going as smoothly as possible.
How to find the best facial plastic surgeon in Australia – What We Do Differently At Coco Ruby
There are hundreds of facial experts and surgeons. But, unfortunately, every doctor’s experience and knowledge are NOT on the same level. You have one face and for that very reason, you have to choose the best for yourself. A wrong selection can lead to increased risks and complications, as well as dissatisfaction with the results.
Coco Ruby works only with the best specialist surgeons, whose many years of experience and knowledge set them apart from the rest. If you have concerns regarding surgery, severe scarring, or revision surgery, choose a specialist surgeon from the Coco Ruby group.
Furthermore, a trained top surgeon with extensive experience can greatly reduce recovery time and the intensity of the recovery itself, less pain equals less discomfort. With a specialist surgeon who is always open to your inquiries (before and after the operation), you will know you are in safe hands.
How Much is Face Surgery? Prices and Costs for Facial Rejuvenation
Prices largely depend on the type of plastic surgery, the extent of the procedure, and the patient themselves. It is impossible to set a fixed price before going through a thorough consultation with your specialist surgeon and expressing your wishes and expectations.
Most cosmetic face surgery procedures do not fall under Medicare-covered procedures. As a rule, procedures that are only an aesthetic are not covered by health insurance, while those that impair the functionality of your body and life are most likely to be covered. It is important that you consult with your provider to find out which procedures fall into the group of those funded by health insurance funds.
You can visit our pricing page to learn more about payment, approximate prices, payment methods, and more.
Further Reading – Medical References
- Different Types of Plastic Surgery | Stanford Health Care
- Facial Plastic Surgery and Treatment Options – ENT Health
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Overview
Complications and Risks of Face Surgery
Every surgery comes with certain risks and complications. Some procedures come with more potential risks than others. Side effects are possible and are influenced by the extent of the procedure, the patient’s health condition and age, as well as the skill of the surgeon. Inexperienced surgeons that are not specialists (in the field of surgery) can greatly influence the outcome and results.
It is important that you ask your specialist surgeon about the possible side effects that come with facial surgery. The best plastic surgeon will always be ready and willing to answer any questions you have.
The most common possible risks and complications include:
- Implant rupture
- Loss of sensation in the chest area
- Poor reaction to anaesthesia
Best Blogs About Face Surgery
- BENEFITS OF UPPER LIP LIFT SURGERY – THE BULLHORN LIP LIFT
- RECOVERY AFTER BLEPHAROPLASTY: EYELID LIFT SURGERY
FAQ About Face Surgery
Can surgery change your face shape?
- Yes, and this can be achieved in different ways. We recommend that you contact us so that we can refer you to the right specialist surgeon for you.
Can face surgery change my smile?
- Yes. Some of the surgeries can greatly change the shape of your smile, especially if it is obstructed by a sagging lip or sagging skin.
Does Face Surgery hurt?
- Most patients feel mild discomfort and low levels of pain that are easily managed with prescribed or over the counter medications.
It is important to remember that everyone’s surgical journey is different and your exact surgical process may vary from the details provided above.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons customise face surgery for each individual patient to suit their particular condition, their desired surgical outcomes and the approach that will work best for a natural, long-lasting result.
For more information on the surgical process of any face surgery or anything you’ve read so far, you can speak to one of our Patient Care Team on 1300 264 811
or email us at email@example.com