Download the Guide for Eyelid Surgery
Do you have a lot of questions about Eye Surgery? Would you like to know more before you decide on the next step?
We have put together this complete guide for you that will introduce you to everything you need to know about the best Eye Surgery in Australia!
Eyelid Surgery in Melbourne VIC – For Cosmetic and Functional Reasons by Specialist Plastic Surgeons
Surgery on your eyelids can typically improve not only your vision but also your aesthetic appearance.
Eyelid Surgery, Facial Rejuvenation and Enhancement Procedures in Melbourne and Sydney:
What is Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid surgeries and orbital area surgeries are procedures that not only improve your vision and quality of life but can also improve the look of your eyes giving you a more youthful appearance. The eyes are often a focal point, the first point of contact when we meet new people. The look of your eyes can subtly reveal a lot about you, and a tired, droopy look is, unfortunately, something that can grab attention, for the wrong reason. As a result, eye surgeries are one of the most common surgical procedures and its popularity is growing, more and more patients are opting to undergo some form of eye procedure. These surgeries most commonly;
- Remove signs of ageing
- Correct droopy eyelids
- Help eliminate bags under the eyes
- As well as, address excessive wrinkles.
Furthermore, it is also possible to correct congenital defects and facial features that can be common points of dissatisfaction with certain ethnic groups. Eye Surgery can be a very effective procedure, not only does it give noticeable results of rejuvenation but it can also improve vision and as a result satisfaction in a wide range of people of varying ages.
Am I a Good Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
A candidate for eye surgery can be any person who is unhappy with the appearance of their eyes. Or, experiences vision obstruction caused by some external factor such as sagging skin of the upper eyelids.
Whether your problem and dissatisfaction are because of fat clusters that give your face a tired look or sagging skin, eye surgery techniques can solve almost all of your eye-related problems, resulting in a happier, more youthful look.
Like all surgical procedures, the best plastic surgery is one that is tailored to the patient’s individual needs. No two facial structures are that same, and our eyes/ eye area is no different. Due to this, it is necessary to perform detailed examinations and consultations in order for your specialist surgeon to find the best solution for you and your problem.
However, in order to be a good candidate for Eye Surgery. You should be:
- a Non-smoker
- a person with good overall health
- Someone with realistic expectations
- a person not suffering from medical conditions as diabetes, high blood pressure, bleeding disorder, heart disease, or depression.
- Someone without other medical conditions that can impair healing or increase the risk of surgery
Benefits Of Eyelid Surgery
Our Top Facial Surgeons pay special attention to ensure that after Eye Surgery, wrinkles and scars are minimal or hidden.
In today’s society, many demands and ideals are set for us, and one of them is to keep a youthful appearance for as long as possible. A personal sense of satisfaction and self-confidence can depend on it. Unfortunately, good looks are increasingly being subtly imposed in one’s career.
There are many benefits to eye surgery. Not only are patients largely satisfied after surgery, the also feel increased self-esteem. Patients find their appearance without wrinkles is more youthful. Moreover, the tightened appearance of the eyes, and the removal of fatty deposits and excess skin provide most patients with satisfaction and fulfilment with the achieved results.
In addition to the cosmetic benefits stated above, Eye Surgery can also have a positive effect on vision. We achieve this by removing the excess skin above the eye, also known as hooded eyes, which in turn expands the field of vision. Of course, it is first necessary to determine the cause of vision obstruction, but you can learn more about this during a consultation with one of our top specialist surgeons.
Most Popular Eyelid Surgery Procedures
Last year alone, over 200,000 eyelid surgeries were performed, and if we consider non-invasive filler procedures, it is clear that the eyes are one of the areas we most often improve.
Every year, more and more people opt for these aesthetic procedures, but also for lesser-known ones that improve the appearance of the eyes, and it’s functions.
Eye surgery is almost equally popular among women and men. Among women, eye surgeries are the third most sought-after surgical procedure, while among men they are in second place.
Some of the most popular eye surgery procedures are:
- Is a surgical procedure that removes both excess skin and fatty tissue from the eyelids.
- Performing this procedure is gives both aesthetic and functional improvements.
- Canthoplasty or Cate Eye Surgery is a surgical procedure that corrects eyelids by making tissue adjustments to change the configuration and/or position of the lateral canthus of the eyelid area.
- Asian Double Eyelid Surgery is a surgical procedure that creates a crease that is otherwise hidden in people of Asian ethnicity.
Recovery After Eyelid Surgery
Although it may seem that recovery after Eye Surgery is a bit more difficult than it is with other cosmetic surgeries, it is actually a simple and quick recovery if the operation it performed by a professional surgeon with not only training and skill but also experience.
Recovery is as important as the operative procedure itself. Shorter and easier recovery can largely affect the overall impression and experience of plastic surgery. While each recovery is individual it can be influenced by the patient’s age, general health, experience of your specialist surgeon as well as the extent of the surgical procedure.
As each plastic procedure is individual, so is the time it takes to recover. However, there are a few universal facts that apply to all plastic and aesthetic surgeries.
- Firstly, following the surgeon’s instructions can greatly determine recovery as successful, quick, and painless. Following surgeons instructions will help you get back to your daily life and activities as soon as possible.
- Secondly, if your specialist surgeon schedules a follow up appointment, it is important that you attend it so that your surgeon can monitor your results and ensure a quick and stable recovery.
For more information on Eye Surgery Recovery, you can visit our page with recovery instructions and guidelines to help you get your recovery going as smoothly as possible.
All surgery has risks – for detailed information about the risks and potential complications of Eyelid Surgery please visit the risks of surgery page.
Finding the Best Eyelid Surgeon in Australia – What We Do Differently At Coco Ruby
There are hundreds of plastic surgeons. Unfortunately, not every doctor’s experience and knowledge are on the same level. You only have one body and for that very reason, you owe it to yourself to choose the best. A wrong selection could not only lead to increased risks and complications but could also lead to dissatisfaction as well as further cost if revision surger is needed.
Coco Ruby works only with the best specialist surgeons. Surgeons with many years of experience, knowledge and training sets them apart from the competition. If you are worried about severe scarring, repeat or revision surgery, choose a specialist surgeon from the Coco Ruby group.
As previously stated, when it comes to plastic and cosmetic surgery recovery is very important. And a trained top surgeon with extensive experience can greatly reduce recovery time and the intensity of the recovery itself.
Eyelid Surgery Melbourne Cost – How much is Eyelid Surgery Melbourne?
Prices largely depend on the type of plastic surgery, the extent of the procedure, and the patient themself. It is impossible to set a fixed price before going through a thorough consultation with your specialist surgeon at which time your surgeon will evaluate what you want and what is needed to get the result.
Most cosmetic eye surgery procedures do not fall under Medicare-covered procedures. As a general rule, procedures that are only aesthetic will not be covered by health insurance, while those that impair the functionality of your body and life are more likely to be covered. It is important that you consult with your provider to find out which procedures fall into the group of those funded by health insurance funds and those that aren’t. This is especially important if your vision is obstructed by skin or some other factor that can be solved by cosmetic surgery.
Further Reading – Medical References
- Eyelid surgery: Options for improving the appearance
- Cosmetic procedures – Eyelid surgery – NHS
- Eyelid Surgery | American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery-Current Trends in Upper and Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Among American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Members
- Expert Review of Ophthalmology- The effect of upper lid blepharoplasty on forehead and glabellar lines
- MayoClinic- Blepharoplasty
- WebMD-Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
Best Blogs About Eye Surgery
- RECOVERY AFTER BLEPHAROPLASTY: EYELID LIFT SURGERY
- DOES MEDICARE COVER EYELID SURGERY?
- FIVE BIGGEST MISTAKES SURGEONS MAKE FOR BLEPHAROPLASTY (Eyelid Rejuvenation Surgery)
FAQ About Eye Surgery
Is cosmetic eye surgery risky?
- Cosmetic eye surgery is considered a safe operation which, if performed by the best surgeons, does has minimial recovery downtime and provides effective results.
How long does it take to recover from cosmetic eye surgery?
- While recovery itself is individual and largely depends on the extent of the procedure, generally speaking, recovery takes approximately 10-14 days.
Is eyelid surgery painful?
- Contrary to popular belief, eye surgery is one of the least painful plastic surgeries.
It is important to remember that everyone’s surgical journey is different. Your exact surgical process may vary from the details provided above.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons customise face surgery for each individual patient to suit their particular condition, their desired surgical outcomes and the approach that will work best for a natural, long-lasting result.