Preparing for Plastic Surgery takes thought, research, budgeting and planning. So it’s not surprising that patients may be at different stages of readiness for pursuing cosmetic surgery, although many have been thinking about getting plastic surgery for several years (even over a decade). So at the Southwick Plastic Surgery conference held last year, Michelle Staughton, our Patient Care Liaison with Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery, was interviewed by Trish of the Plastic Surgery Hub. As a former patient of our Clinic, she discussed what holds people back from booking surgery they really want – and what they can do to move forward with their surgery plans.
Getting Ready for Plastic Surgery
Michelle, mother to three children and a professional who’s also balancing a busy career and community projects, knows first hand what it’s like getting ready for plastic surgery. So the topic was a good one for her to answer: for example, the most frequently asked questions patients want to know the answers to on their first enquiry call to our Specialist Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne on (03) 8849 1444.
On our Enquiries team, Michelle, Donna and our team of Patient Care Liaisons get asked a LOT of questions about Cosmetic Surgery from patients who are doing their initial research into Plastic Surgery.
Some of the most common questions or concerns about plastic surgery are covered in this 11 minute interview of Michelle Staughton in 2017. Listen to the video if you’re getting ready for Plastic Surgery.
Plastic Surgery Video Interview Highlights
- HOW patients tend to go about gathering more information before proceeding with Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- COMMON questions asked about procedures including duration and cosmetic surgery costs.
- How to select from your choices of Surgeons when visiting our leading group of Specialist Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne
- How she began working as a Patient Care Liaison AFTER her own plastic surgery experiences (Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift Surgery) and how surgery changed her own life
- Why you shouldn’t shop for surgery based on price (beware the cheap discount surgery offer or overseas options)
- How patients have different needs in relation to Abdominoplasty (a post-weight loss or post-Bariatric Surgery patient who’s lost over 40 kilos may need a Circumferential Abdominoplasty rather than a standard Tummy Tuck)
- How our Surgeons have particular areas of cosmetic surgery that they focus
- Our Coco Ruby skin treatment clinics for scar reduction and skin rejuvenation.
- The Cosmetic Injecting Team at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing in Melbourne
- How our Scar Management treatments are included in your surgery quotes
- Differences between Cosmetic Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons who are APHRA recognised and FRACS members
- How we pride ourselves on excellence and take extra steps to provide best-practice surgery experiences
We are confident we can help you learn WHICH surgery procedures might be a good solution for what you’re trying to accomplish through surgical methods, and what you need to do to prepare for your plastic cosmetic surgery experience to get good results.
Find out more about your surgery options by attending a confidential consultation with one of our caring TOP Specialist Plastic Surgeons. Phone us today on (03) 8849 1444 today or sending in an enquiry form.
Visit our Downloadable Guides pages
For more information about Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery options and research in Australia.