Fat Injections – Can I move Fat from My Buttocks to my Breasts using Liposuction?
Buttocks to Breasts: How Fat Transfer can increase the size of your breasts by up to a cup size
Fat transfer injections to the breast area are when fat is taken from buttocks or belly or outer thighs using liposuction and re-injecting technology. This could be the answer for women who want just a little more volume up top.
In other words, fat grafting – whilst in no way a minor procedure – can potentially move excess fat cells from your belly or buttocks to your Breasts.
Over recent years, fat injections – also known as ‘fat grafting’ or ‘fat transfer’ – have been gaining ground as a minimally-invasive breast enlargement method. But is it really minimally invasive? And, is it really true that a Plastic Surgeon can liposuction fat from your buttocks, hips or thighs, and make your breasts fuller? Can fat grafting via liposuction be an alternative to breast implants?
Learn the INS and OUTS of Fat Grafting To Breasts below. Including WHY breast implants are still the go-to for most augmentations.
Download Our Fat Transfer to Breast Guide
What you need to know. The basics of Liposuction and Fat Transfer to Breasts. (Fat Grafting from Butt to Breasts)
Liposuction Fat Transfer consultations are available with Plastic Surgeon Dr Wyten at our Hawthorn Clinic.
Dr Rebecca Wyten has studied the latest fat transfer and fat grafting methods in France using Liposuction and re-injecting body fat from one area of the body to another area of the body. She is available to see patients at both Hawthorn East and Berwick in Melbourne.
If you’re thinking about a fat transfer there are some key things you need to consider before you book a consultation;
- The surgery DOES require a general anaesthetic. Our Melbourne Breast Surgeons perform cosmetic surgery procedures and plastic surgery procedures in accredited Hospital facilities in Victoria.
- Not all of the fat injected remains in the treated area. As a result, many patients may need more than one procedure depending on how MUCH fat they want to be put in their breasts.
- The Fat Grafting/Fat Transfer from Buttocks to Breasts may not suit every patient or body type.
- Fat grafting using liposuction and fat injections is best for candidates who want only a small enhancement. or breast enlargement. In other words, a half-cup to a cup size increase.
- Weight changes WILL change your result. This is the same as most other surgeries that involve body contouring, breast enhancement or breast lift surgery.
- Fat Grafting may not cost less than implants and for some procedure, costs may be about the same or more.
The Key Benefits of Liposuction and Fat Transfer to Breasts are as follows;
- For small cup size increases or breast volume increases, a small enhancement may be all that’s needed.
- The procedure uses your own body fat and not an implant. This means there will not be a future need to remove and replace the breast implant.
- If you are allergic to implants, then fat transfer may be an option for you.
- You can shape BOTH your buttocks or abdomen AND your breasts during the same surgery session (*may vary between patients). You can reduce buttock fat and increase your bust size, for example, using your own body cells once they are processed after liposuction
To find out more about the pros, cons and procedure risks of Fat Grafting to Breasts or of Liposuction (with Fat Grafting or as a stand-alone body contouring procedure), send a confidential enquiry form, below.
Fat Injections to Breasts: Does Fat Grafting Really Work?
The short answer is YES, you can transfer fat to breasts using fat grafting methods and liposuction. However, only to a degree.
- The typical amount of breast volume or breast enlargement achieved via liposuction, then fat transfer, is about a 1/2 cup to 1 cup size.
- However, this can vary from person to person. It can also take multiple transfers to achieve the desired effect.
- Not all fat may take. Some may dissolve.
- There are risks involved with the procedure, such as fat necrosis at the treated site.
That being said, it can be very effective to add a bit of shaping and contouring to the cleavage for certain patients. Plus, using the body’s own cells, can minimise allergic reactions or sensitivities.
Ask for more information by phoning (03) 8849 1444 and requesting a Breast Surgery Guide or request an appointment with our female Plastic Surgeon for fat grafting, Dr Rebecca Wyten.
When it comes to breast enhancement cosmetic procedures, fat grafting is NOT necessarily any cheaper – nor less risky a procedure – than having breast augmentation using implants (such as Motiva Breast Implants). Motiva implants are known to provide reliable and long-lasting results for many patients.
So is Fat Transfer or Fat Grafting a good way to increase your breast size?
YES – for some patients, it can be effective. And yes, your Plastic Surgeon can liposuction body fat from one area of your body. However, this is dependent on whether or not there is enough excess subcutaneous body fat to “harvest” and then insert it into another area. This includes areas such as the breasts – or face – to restore volume. it can also be used to add implant tissue coverage for thin patients who want breast implants. Especially if their skin is thin. Granted they would still need enough fat to harvest for the fat transfer.
For the breasts, fat grafting may be a good way to add cleavage for suitable patients, but it won’t be the best solution for ALL women who want to increase their bra cup size.
But for most women who want more upper-body fullness (breast curves and breast cleavage), cup volume increases are often better accomplished using silicone breast implants.
- Augmentation is usually performed in one bilateral breast prosthesis implantation surgery. In other words, breast implants inserted on each side.
- It is usually performed in one theatre session lasting on average one to two hours. However, this can be longer if a breast uplift with breast implants is incorporated.
- Liposuction, if subsequently performed as part of a Mummy Makeover (post-pregnancy body contouring), is usually part of a Tummy Tuck procedure, thigh reduction or thigh lift.
- Fat grafting MAY be an optional extra. Ask your Surgeon for details. Alternatively, it may be done as a stand-alone for minor augmentation or breast shaping procedures.
General PROS and CONS for Fat Grafting to Breasts
Fat Grafting vs having Breast Implants. Benefits of transferring fat to breasts (suitable candidates only)
- It’s your own natural body tissues
- Can have some skin rejuvenation properties as well as volume properties
- Doesn’t require replacement or removal surgery. Implants usually need replacement or removal at some point.
- Does not add much extra weight to the breast.
But the so-called tricky parts of fat grafting for breast enlargement include:
- Not all of the transferred fat will be accepted in the treated area – some may not ‘take’.
- Weight changes may impact your fat-grafting to breasts results.
- Only a small amount is usually viable to transfer successfully at any given time.
- Results are not as noticeable when compared to other traditional methods.
- It involves not ONE but at least TWO surgeries. Liposuction being one, and the transfer being another. Even if done during the same anaesthetic session in theatre).
- Multiple procedures are not uncommon to gain the enlargement one desires, or the cleavage contours – and the cost of fat grafting to breasts can quickly get expensive.
- Can be costly over time.
- Discomfort and bruising or swelling at the donor sites is common (longer recovery time may be possible in comparison to breast implants vs fat grafting)
- You need to harvest a fair amount of extra fat and smaller amounts, applied over multiple surgeries, may offer better results and fewer risks – but this involves multiple surgeries.
That’s why many women and Surgeons still choose quality silicone implants (especially the modern type known as Motiva Breast Implants) for breast augmentation procedures.
What does Fat Grafting to Breasts via Liposuction typically Cost? Prices of Fat Grafting to Breasts in Melbourne.
- Prices vary – the cost of fat grafting includes a variety of expenses including Surgeon’s fee, hospital fee, anaesthetist, liposuction, fat processing, post-op care, post-surgery garments, follow up care, medications and more.
- The general range of prices for fat grafting breast augmentation are just under $10,000 to up to $15,000 for a single fat grafting procedure including liposuction to over $25,000 or more if several procedures are required.
Want to learn more about your breast augmentation options including fat grafting?
We look forward to helping you get the LOOK you’re seeking with our surgical and non-surgical rejuvenation methods.
Our Most Qualified Plastic Surgeon for Fat Grafting to Breast Surgery is Dr Rebecca Wyten.
Dr Wyten performs Liposuction Fat Grafting procedures including fat transfer from buttocks to breasts for minor volume increases or as an alternative to breast implants and breast augmentation using traditional surgery methods. You’ll love Dr Rebecca Wyten’s caring manner and her expertise in breast augmentation and abdominal contouring procedures including Tummy Tuck Surgery.
For body contouring or reduce excess body fat, send an enquiry form today.