Download the Guide to Plastic Surgery Costs
Rhinoplasty cost in Melbourne, Average price for Nose Job Surgery in Melbourne
Because there’s no single nose shape – and no single Rhinoplasty procedure to fix every nose – the cost of this surgery the average rhinoplasty cost in Melbourne, can vary. For instance, pricing can begin from under $12,000 for a beginning Surgeon to over $40,000 for a specialist. If you’re interested in having a nose job then you will need more information on the costs and other factors to consider before getting a Rhinoplasty. Here we cover the average Rhinoplasty cost in Melbourne as well as some of the other things you need to think about before committing to this procedure. We’ll also provide the following overview of what’s included in the cost of a Rhinoplasty so that you have a better idea of what to include in your budget.
How much does Rhinoplasty cost?
Before you review average Rhinoplasty prices, remember that there’s no one-type-fits-all nose surgery. You’ll need to expertly consider your desired nose appearance before surgery, to ensure the outcome suits your facial features. In order to accomplish this, choosing the right Nose Reshaping Surgeon is imperative.
The skill, experience and formal accreditation of the Surgeon who you choose for what is a highly challenging cosmetic procedure will affect the cost of your Rhinoplasty surgery. Highly experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons take many extra steps during surgery planning to help you get a better result. Additionally, the more successful nose surgeries they have performed, the better the Surgeon understands how to avoid common mistakes.
The cost of nose surgery depends not just on your Surgeon’s qualifications, but also on what needs to be corrected in terms of:
- Shape and size (natural-looking and in balance with other features).
- Breathing functions.
- Facial harmony/balance (harmonious with other facial features and anatomy).
- Tip position.
- The Patient’s overall aesthetic preferences (although they must remain realistic).
Do remember that some nose structures – and the technical skills required to alter them – are more complex than others. As a result, surgery theatre times can vary and this directly impacts costs.
Rhinoplasty prices: Why do they vary from Surgeon to Surgeon?
Average Rhinoplasty costs can be categorised in the following price ranges: low-cost, mid-range and premier
As above, the cost of a Nose Job can range from:
- Approx. $12,000 to $14,500 for a low-cost operation with a less experienced/less trained Surgeon.
- Approx. $15,000 to $25,000 for a procedure with an experienced Rhinoplasty Plastic Surgeon.
- Over $40,000 for a Revision Rhinoplasty or highly complex primary procedure.
What factors lead to different nose surgery costs?
The 2 primary reasons Rhinoplasty procedure prices vary include:
- Surgeon – which expert Surgeon you choose
- Expertise levels.
- Professional accreditation and training qualifications.
- Advanced technical abilities and artistic shaping acumen.
- Ability to attain harmony of the new nose with other features.
- Hospital costs and quality anaesthetic costs.
- Complexity – varying time in theatre also impacts the price
- Rhinoplasty usually takes between 2/2.5 hours to 3+ hours. although this can extend to 4 or more for a very complex nose reshaping procedure or revision rhinoplasty (the ‘redo’)
- In contrast, some patients undergoing a more ‘simple’ procedure, e.g. Tip Rhinoplasty, may require less theatre time.
Other factors which may also affect the cost of Rhinoplasty
- The expert planning and first-rate follow-up care of your chosen Surgeon.
- Top-quality hospital options.
- Nose scar management.
- Open vs. closed Rhinoplasty procedure.
- Type of anaesthetic used.
Download Our Guide to Rhinoplasty
What are the average price ranges of Rhinoplasty in Melbourne?
The following is an estimate of the range of Rhinoplasty cost in Melbourne, primarily for first-time nose surgeries.
For an exact quote and assessment of requirements, all patients require a surgical consultation with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon. In addition, patients may benefit from a second opinion from a separate Surgeon.
Low-Cost Prices for Rhinoplasty (General surgeon, GP or doctor-in-training)
Low-cost Nose Surgery prices are usually offered by either a general surgeon, dermatologist, dentist or General Practitioner. They will often refer to themselves as a ‘Cosmetic Surgeon’, but will not be a Specialist nor a member of RACS.
- Their nose surgery prices may range from just under $12,000 to $14,500/$15,000.
- These Surgeons are often not recognised as Specialist Plastic Surgeons.
- Some may still be in training mode, rather than being a seasoned expert
Due to having less surgical experience and/or skill, these surgeons may charge a smaller fee.
We believe it’s always a good idea to choose experience and expertise over cost considerations. That’s because you will live with your nose surgery results for the rest of your life. Additionally, Revision Nose Job Surgery can be extremely costly, and not everything that goes wrong can be fixed.
Mid-Range Prices for Rhinoplasty (Experienced Plastic Surgeon)
Generally, Rhinoplasty surgery by an experienced Melbourne Plastic Surgeon with FRACS often ranges from $15,000/$16,000 to $26,000 and up.
However, surgery costs may vary depending on your surgeon’s level of expertise and other factors such as:
- medical vs cosmetic
- complicating factors of the nasal passage or breathing difficulties
- open vs closed techniques and scar management
- recovery guidance, patient follow-up care standards and more
Revision Nose Surgery prices in this care segment usually range from $19,000 to $40,000 or higher. This is due to revisional surgery usually being even more complex than standard Rhinoplasty procedures.
High-Cost Prices for Rhinoplasty (Highly experienced Plastic Surgeon)
Rhinoplasty surgery planned and performed by a highly experienced, FRACS qualified Plastic Surgeon can range anywhere from $26,000 to $45,000+. Although, sometimes the price of surgery can be as high as $50,000/$60,000. Pricing will ultimately depend on who you choose and their facility/staffing costs.
As above, the price will also depend on your Surgeon’s fees, as well as the complexity of your operation and follow-up care.
Read about our top Melbourne Rhinoplasty Surgeons or find out more about what FRACS recognition means.
Rhinoplasty surgery prices explained
The prices ranges mentioned above take into account the following important factors: who, what, when, where, why and how.
1. Who – Your Surgeon choice
How adept is your Surgeon at getting good results and reducing complications?
- Ability: who is performing the surgery – your Surgeon’s level of expertise, training, skills and qualifications
- Expertise: how many of these procedures they have performed and if they are highly regarded as an expert (or not)
If something were to go wrong in your first nose surgery, not everything can be fixed in a revision procedure. This is why it is imperative to choose your Surgeon wisely the first time around.
2. What – Inclusions vs Exclusions and extra fees you weren’t expecting
What is included in the Rhinoplasty price estimate or cost quote?
- Is everything included in your nose job quote?
- If not, you could get hit with unexpected expenses including anaesthetic, facility fees, follow-up fees, medications, recovery aids and more.
- What type of anaesthetic or local pain management is going to be used to help reduce discomfort? And where will your scar be located?
- Ask for details and get it in writing!
3. When – Timing
When is your nose surgery performed?
- Ask a Patient Care Coordinator about rapidly-changing hospital fees, new testing requirements for Medicare coverage and changing rebate criteria
- Note: Insurance policy classification changes are underway in 2019. Even if you are eligible for a Medicare code and insurance coverage, this could change rapidly and without much notice as a result of these changes.
4. Where: which hospital?
Where will your surgery be performed?
- General Anaesthetic in a hospital is part of your surgery fee and should be included in the price quote for your Rhinoplasty procedure.
- Using local anaesthetic and sedatives (optional) in a clinic backroom may lessen the cost of your surgery. However, this could lead to increased discomfort or other risk elevation as Rhinoplasty is a very comprehensive procedure. Due to the nature of the surgery, it is likely that you will want to be under general anaesthesia.
5. Why: Medical Rhinoplasty or Cosmetic Nose Surgery?
What reasons led you to have nose surgery?
- Cosmetic vs. medical reasons (breathing impairment, traumatic nose injury, revision or cosmetic/appearance) or aesthetic ideals and other corrections?
- Read more about Medicare rebates, Private Health Insurance and Rhinoplasty
6. How: How will your procedure be planned and performed?
Questions to ask include: ‘How long is your procedure going to take?’ as well as ‘Is it fully customised and expertly planned?’.
- Complexity: advanced technical surgery expertise is required for some conditions, nose sizes or shapes. You may also want to consider closed vs. open surgery methods.
- Example: your nasal passages, septoplasty needs and complexity of surgical corrections.
Don’t forget: Patient cautions
- In conclusion, it’s important to remember that all cosmetic surgery is invasive and does involve risks.
- All surgery should also be custom planned and performed by an expert to reduce risks and revision rates.
- Never accept a one-size-fits-all operation, especially noses – it might look very out of place with your facial features!
Instead, choose a Surgeon who:
- FRACS recognised and fully customises every nose procedure to meet the patient’s specific preferences.
- Offers photographic imaging and/or graphic manipulations to visually communicate what can and cannot be done during surgery.
- Honest about potential surgery risks and recovery time frames.
- Listens and respects your views about your desired surgical outcome and can provide expert advice about how the surgery will impact your overall appearance.
Learn more about Cosmetic Surgery Prices and Further readings
- How much is a Blepharoplasty in Melbourne?
- How much is a Breast Lift in Melbourne?
- How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
- How much does a Breast Reduction Cost?
- How much is a Tummy Tuck in Melbourne?
- How much is Face Lift Surgery in Melbourne
- Find out more about: