Career Guide to Employment in the Aesthetic Industry & Cosmetic Surgery Clinics
The Cosmetic Industry (Aesthetics surgery and skin procedures) is a fast-growing sector. Cosmetic Plastic Surgery involves physical self-improvement and is an opportunity for a career change or employment for motivated individuals with a professional approach & caring personality.
- If you are passionate about helping others to surgically correct a deformity or enhance a feature to address a physical concern, or to reduce unwanted signs of facial ageing, then cosmetic plastic surgery career paths may be a good option for employment, especially if you are seeking a different form of nursing jobs.
Careers in the Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery in Melbourne, Australia
Are you keen to become part of this Cosmetic Surgery, Skin Care and Plastic Surgery rewarding career path?
- We are one of the fastest-growing Practices in Australia, with multiple locations
- Career and Job Opportunities in the Plastic Surgery or Cosmetic Services and Aesthetic or Beauty industry range from roles as Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery Patient Coordinators, Practice Nurses, Surgical Assistants, Patient Care Liaisons and Medical Reception (Our phone team).
- Many nurses, medical students, beauty therapists, and prior patients apply for our advertised roles.
What do we look for?
There’s a unique skill set that helps some candidates stand out from the crowd.
Traits we look for to fill current Job Openings in the Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery industry in Melbourne, Victoria.
Good Candidates for current job openings in the cosmetic industry and plastic surgery sectors include individuals who have:
- Commitment to excellence and a caring, kind attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC savvy (knowing GENIE scheduling systems, MBS processes, Surgery Quoting and other medical computing systems can be helpful).
- Dedication to providing great service to patients as they move through their journey from exploring a procedure to having a surgery
- Understanding healing and recovery after Plastic Surgery
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet patient needs and varying Surgery schedules
- Team-based collaboration mentality with a great sense of humour
- Interest in pursuing continuing education and skills improvements and attending out of hours training when required
- Understanding how body appearance, BMI and facial features impact self-perception and confidence
- An interest in the beauty and skin sector involving everything from skin resurfacing/skincare, mineral makeup to laser treatments through to surgical alternatives and plastic or cosmetic surgery enhancements.
Want a career with Melbourne’s most respected group of Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeons?
- IF you believe you’d like to work with our top Plastic Surgeons and our Skin Care and Injecting teams, we welcome your application via SEEK.
- If we’re hiring, we’ll list the advertisement on Seek.
- Search SEEK for current Job Opportunities for Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery
- Or you can send your CV to us to express your interest in any future openings.
- Email Business Manager David Staughton at David@cocoruby.com.au listing your career goals.
If you cannot find a current job opening on Seek, for Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery professions, you can still send us an enquiry form.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in a Career is Cosmetic Medicine or Plastic Surgery and Skin Care
- To succeed in the field of aesthetics, you have to be highly dedicated to working with cosmetic patients and
- To offer consistently excellent service at all times
- You’ll also need to have a strong interest in appearance plus have a professional, caring communication style and phone manners
It is often a demanding yet rewarding job role that requires dedication and commitment to professional growth and patient care excellence.
An Aesthetics Clinic role will NOT tend to suit individuals who prefer working dedicated hours or shifts, such as are often found in Public Hospital settings; instead, flexibility is required to meet the needs of the Surgeons and patients who are having cosmetic surgery.
- Because our Plastic Surgery team strives to reach the best levels of patient care excellence, some flexibility in your schedule will be required.
- We also hold regularly Monthly Thursday evening EVENTS for patients in Melbourne.
- These are fun and informative and a good chance for our team to answer questions and let new patients get to know our Surgeons and Team Members.
Best Career Pathways to Attain Employment in a Cosmetic Surgery or Plastic Surgery Clinic or a Medical Skin Care Clinic Environment | Melbourne VIC (Australia)
- Here are some workplaces that may be a good pathway to your professional career development.
Pathway #1: Beauticians – Beauty treatments or Dermatology Interests or Medical Clinic Experience
- DERMAL THERAPY and DERMATOLOGISTS – Skin Treatments and Laser Work
- SKIN CANCER CLINICS – Skin rejuvenation and skin cancer removal
- General Practitioner Offices that also handle Skin Cancer treatments or Investigations
Pathway #2: Working in Cosmetic Dentistry
- COSMETIC DENTISTS – Aesthetics and Smile rejuvenation
- AESTHETIC GPs – GPs interested in Aesthetic work – Lasers and Injectables
- COSMETIC SURGERY – GPs that have progressed to basic cosmetic surgery operations (without Specialist RACS training)
Pathway #3: Working for other Specialists such as ENT Surgeons, Coasmetic Dentists or Bariatric Surgeons
- ENT SURGEONS that are performing cosmetic procedures may be helpful
- OCULOPLASTIC surgeons who perform eyelid surgery may also be helpful
- PLASTIC SURGEON PRACTICES (Members of ASPS and ASAPS)
Our team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons’ affiliations include:
Read more about JOB OPENINGS and READ the Applicant TIPS sheet before applying for employment or before getting in touch with us.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU IF YOU ARE CHOSEN FOR A CURRENT OPENING
IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR A ROLE WITH OUR TEAMS, WE CAN HELP TRAIN YOU IN CLINICAL PROTOCOLS AND PATIENT CARE EXCELLENCE METHODS.
- If you meet the four criteria listed above, work well as a team, are professionally presented and show potential for this sector, we can help train you.
- If selected, you’ll also be working in a beautiful environment helping individuals with their self-improvement and appearance change goals
- TIP: You could start with us in RECEPTION – an important concierge team – or in the inbound phone department if there is a current opening.
OUR CAREER PATHWAY – You can work your way up in our plastic surgery business.
From Phone Enquiries team to Medical Receptionist to Patient Coordinator (Part or full time) to a Satellite clinic Practice Manager
WHAT WE DON’T WANT
- Clockwatchers! – People looking to do the bare minimum will not fit into our team of caring medical professionals
- People that are NOT positive and optimistic or who aren’t team players
- People who do NOT take pride in maintaining a professional presentation and a caring nature for patients
- Hospital Nurses looking to be trained in Injecting Dermal Fillers and Anti-Wrinkle products (but you’re welcome to come to our events)
- We only hire skilled and highly experienced cosmetic injectors or GPs with extensive injecting expertise.
We are looking ONLY for dedicated leaders who value-creating life long relationships with patients and who are dedicated to offering patient care service at premium levels.
Next steps for applying for a job in the cosmetic plastic surgery or skin care sector:
- Do some preparation – read the books or watch the suggested videos
- Come along to one of our monthly practice EVENTS and meet some of the team members
- Apply for a role with us or get some basic experience in the Industry (see list above)
- Fill in your LinkedIn profile and watch Seek for specific job ads – APPLY on SEEK
WHAT’S REALLY IMPORTANT TO US? Our Values
Our team are committed to fostering an atmosphere where patients feel comfortable to ask questions or express concerns as they journey through their surgery or skin rejuvenation experiences.
- We are highly focused on maintaining an environment where patients feel heard and listened to, understood and cared for by every member of our team.
- This includes treating each and every patient with dignity, respect and collaborative communication.
- Patients need to feel comfortable to ask ANY and ALL questions they have about a procedure, Surgeon or healing process.
It’s all about evidence-based medical care, experience, listening, respect and trust.
- Being ethical, honest and trustworthy
- Taking pride in your professional appearance and manner
- Mutual respect and loyalty
- Delivering an outstanding patient experience
- Providing high quality and holistic patient improvement pathway
- Being safe, being compliant and managing risks
- Building and maintaining premier facilities and technologies
- Managing our reputation – online and in our community
- Best practice marketing and promotion activities
- Building the Group and surgeon/specialist personal brands
- Commitment to continuous improvement and growth
- A focus on learning and professional development
- Creating systems and following processes with attention to detail
- Offering different locations around Melbourne VIC (Berwick, Hawthorn etc) as well as experienced Plastic Surgeon associates located in the Sydney and Perth area
Fostering an attitude of continuous learning and improvement is our motto.
- Being committed to Teamwork and having fun
- We work towards better surgical outcomes for patients
- Working in a modern well-equipped practice with new technology
- Being part of a growing and learning organisation
- Being respectful of patient privacy and confidentiality
With advanced techniques, expertise and constant patient feedback, we aim to remain at the forefront of surgical rejuvenation and cosmetic procedure advances.
Our primary vision is to deliver continuously outstanding results for patients who value extensive surgical experience, precision, empathy, great communication and high-quality outcomes.
Several highly-rated books and podcasts that may be relevant for jobs in the Cosmetic Surgery or Plastic Surgery Industry include:
- How to connect with anyone in less than 90 seconds by Nicholas Boothman
- Your Aesthetic Practice: What Your Patients are Saying by Catherine Maley
- www.catherinemaley.com Podcasts
- Send in your CV or preliminary job enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org