How old are most people who have eyelid surgery? Average ages for Blepharoplasty
20’s – Upper Blepharoplasty Surgery – Younger Patients having Eyelid Surgery (Under 30)
- Patients in their 20s, 30s and 40s often seek Eyelid Lift Surgery to have an enhanced eyelid platform for wearing coloured eye shadow makeup.
- This also enhances the appearance of the eyes and gives a fresher looking appearance.
- The lashes that were once obscured by drooping eyelid skin, known as ptotic skin, become more visible and noticeable after eyelid surgery – allowing for mascara or eyelash extensions to be added.
This condition and recovery experience were featured in a popular YouTube video about eyelid surgery by AMEA MAY’s educational videos on her eyelid surgery recovery in her 20s.
- Patients seeking this surgery find that strategically-performed eyelid reduction of puffy eyelid skin or double eyelid skin folds improves their eyelids and facial appearance.
- Results for younger eyelid surgery should ideally be subtle and natural-looking.
- Patients tend to heal faster and recover more quickly than older patients or those who smoke or have poor health.
Another example of a younger patient who had very subtle eyelid surgery to enhance the upper eyelid appearance.
30’s and 40’s – Blepharoplasty Patients
- Patients over 35 and 40 often seek Blepharoplasty procedures to rejuvenate their eyelids.
- Some have ptosis (such as this patient) that is beginning to impede on the field of vision and cover the eyelid crease/eyelid platform, and the upper eyelash line.
- They usually have refreshed appearance results and scars heal nicely depending on the patient’s skin condition and recovery experiences (this image is only 1 week after surgery).
- The result can reduce the aged appearance of the eyes or entire face by several years, as evidenced in the example shown below.
- The patient will now be able to wear eye shadow on the crease and lashes will be visible.
50’s or 60’s – Blepharoplasty Patients in their 50s or 60s
- Patients over 50 and 60 often seek Blepharoplasty procedures to rejuvenate their eyelids OR to improve vision that has become obscured by sagging upper eyelids.
- Many have ptosis that has been left to a degree they can barely see OR to where you can barely see their iris’s.
- They may also benefit from further facial rejuvenation such as cosmetic injectables or skin resurfacing, depending on their appearance rejuvenation goals.
Drooping Eyelids? Download the Blepharoplasty Guide!
Combined Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty for Eyelid Rejuvenation or Eyelid Surgery with a Facelift Procedure
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery, separately or combined (‘double bleph’), can help to reduce the perception of ageing in appropriate candidates
- Combined Eyelid Surgery can help restore a toned, healthy-looking skin area above and below the eye area.
- Many times patients who seek eyelid reduction surgery ALSO want a Facelift and/or Neck Lift surgery.
- Find out more about our Facial surgery experts for Facelifts, neck lift surgery and brow lift surgery as well as skin resurfacing to get a fuller rejuvenation effect.
- We also offer fat transfer to face to help overcome atrophy of the bones and sagging of the skin on the face.
To further refine and rejuvenate the facial appearance and reduce “age lines” around the eyes, wrinkle reduction procedures including injectables, fillers and laser resurfacing options may prove to be of additional benefit.
Your fully-certified Plastic Surgeon can assist you in choosing which specific combination of procedures will bring you the results you are wanting to achieve to revitalise your facial appearance.
Get younger-looking eyes from our leading Melbourne Surgeons
Please contact us to learn how to improve the appearance of the skin around your eyes. Our Eyelid Lift Experts, Team of Facial Plastic Surgeons and Skin Care Injecting Clinicians and Dermal Clinicians can help reduce your visible signs of ageing. Phone 1300 264 811 during clinic hours or send an enquiry form at the bottom of this page.
Our approach to recovery is simple. We do whatever we can to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible.
- Our highly-experienced Surgeons are experts at minimising scars and helping you to manage any post-op pain you may have after your Surgery.
- We offer best practice and holistic healing protocols for your post-op surgical care.
- We offer Healite II, Fraxel scar minimisation when required, and proven healing facilitation products in our Rapid Recovery.
Some patients have surgery in their twenties, others later in life after 40 or after 50.
- Our Surgeon’s experience allows them to achieve visually pleasing results using customised Upper Eyelid Lift/Eyelid Reduction Surgery and Lower Eyelid Surgery.
- These are either performed as corrective eyelid procedures or as cosmetic eyelid surgeries, depending on the patient’s needs, eyelid ptosis and skin concerns.
- Corrective lower eyelid surgeries are also performed on patients of a variety of ages, such as Entropion or Ectropion surgery or a lower Blepharoplasty to reduce eye bags and puffiness under the eyes that may result from genetics, ageing eyelid muscles, fat bulges or other contributing factors.
- Read the article about Health Insurance and Medicare Rebates for Eyelid Surgery for medically indicated reasons where sagging skin impedes field of vision.
Read our price guide on How much is a Blepharoplasty in Melbourne?
More Before and After Blepharoplasty Examples in our Melbourne Clinic Locations
Want more photos of eyelid surgery results?
- Most patients are very happy to show you their images in our Clinic, but some patients prefer we don’t publish their images on the global web.
- We have numerous additional example photographs to show you in our clinic.
- You can also ask to speak with a prior patient – many will be happy to talk with you about their experiences.
If you’d like to see more examples of before and after eyelid surgery patient photos, visit our online Photo Gallery.
Arrange to meet with Dr Patrick Briggs or to see more examples of their eyelid surgery patients in person at our Clinic.
*Disclaimer: individual results vary from patient to patient, and there are surgery risks to consider. Be sure to ask about eyelid surgery details during your no-obligation surgical consultation.