Breast Lift Price Ranges- Average Mastopexy Price in Melbourne
How much does a Breast Lift cost in Melbourne?
Breast Lift surgery is one of the top five most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the world, however, finding a specific price range or figure for this surgery can be difficult. This is because the cost of a Breast Lift can VARY according to a number of factors. The surgical approach/technique, your chosen surgeon and the hospital where your surgery is performed, as well as insurance coverage, may all impact the price.
The average cost for Breast Lift Surgery
The cost of Breast Lift surgery can vary significantly; from around $8,500 to $12,000 for a low-cost procedure with a less experienced Surgeon, to approx. $12,000 to $15,000 with an experienced FRACS Plastic Surgeon, and up to $15,000 or higher for more complex procedures involving a renowned Plastic Surgeon specialising in Breast Lift procedures.
Below is an estimate of the range of Breast Lift surgery prices in Melbourne, however, these figures are not exact. All patients require a consultation to get a detailed and accurate assessment of requirements and surgery option.
Low-Cost Breast Lift prices typically range from just $8,500 to $12,500
Low-cost surgery is typically performed by a general surgeon or GP without RACS recognition in a clinic backroom using ‘awake’ or “twilight’ anaesthetic.
Surgery in this price range will not be carried out by an Accredited Plastic Surgeon in a Hospital, and General Anaesthetic typically is not used. As a result, the procedure may not be fully customised to address your concerns and your ‘Surgeon’ may not have hospital admitting rights should something not go to plan.
Patients may also experience unexpected out-of-pocket costs, limited post-operative care and recovery aids or surgical scar management.
Mid-Range Breast Lift is typically priced from $12,000 to $15,000
Generally, Breast Lift surgery by an experienced, FRACS recognised Plastic Surgeon can range from $15,000 to $19,000 or sometimes higher.
Surgery costs vary depending on what you need, your Surgeon’s qualifications other factors such as:
- Revision surgery from a previous procedure.
- Internal or external lesions.
- Underlying muscle damage or hernias in the abdominal region.
- Patient follow-up care standards and post-surgery recovery aids.
- Garments required after surgery for good results.
- Scar Management Treatments.
Premium Prices typically range from $15,000 or higher
Advanced and fully customised Mastopexy Surgery that is planned and performed by a highly-experienced, FRACS Plastic Surgeon can cost anywhere between $20,000 to $30,000 depending on who you choose and their facility/staffing costs.
As above, this also varies depending on your Surgeon’s surgery fees, as well as the complexity of your operation and follow-up care.
Why do prices vary?
Breast Lift costs will often vary depending on 6 important factors;
1. Who is performing your surgery?
Before deciding on a Surgeon, you should consider their:
- Level of expertise (are they a highly regarded?)
- Professional accreditations and training qualifications
- Technical skill
- Surgical experience and skills (how long they have been practising?)
2. What is included in your surgery quote/price estimate?
Not every quote may include all aspects of your surgery, such as anaesthetic costs, hospital or day room fees, post-operative care, surgery garments, medication, scar treatments and more. Therefore, be sure to review your price estimate, otherwise, you may be hit with unexpected expenses. At Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery, we offer an itemised quote to our patients.
It may also be helpful to ask:
- What type of anaesthetic or local pain management is going to be used to help reduce discomfort?
- Where will my scar be located and how will it be treated? Is scar minimisation/management included in the cost of surgery?
3. When will your surgery be performed?
- If you are planning surgery several months or more in advance, be aware that prices and medicare rebate criteria may change.
- As a result, we recommend speaking to a member of our Patient Care Team about hospital fees and criteria for medically-indicated breast surgery.
4. Where will your surgery be performed?
- In a hospital under General Anaesthetic or clinic back room under Local Anaesthetic?
- Using local anaesthetic and sedatives in day surgery may lessen the cost of your surgery but lead to increased risks.
- Do you want to be ‘awake’ during your breast lift– or in a hospital under general anaesthesia.
5. How will your procedure be planned and performed?
A Breast Lift can take approximately 2-3 hours depending on the complexity of the procedure. However, there are many variations of breast surgery and the amount of theatre time required will often vary.
Complex breast lift procedures often require a greater level of pre-surgery planning, surgical skill and theatre time, therefore resulting in a higher cost.
Always Choose a qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon
- Remember, all cosmetic surgery is invasive and has risks.
- Surgery should be custom-planned and performed by an expert to reduce risks and revision rates.
- Never accept a one-size-fits-all approach. A fully customised procedure is essential for a long-lasting, successful result.
Be sure to choose a Plastic Surgeon who:
- Is FRACS recognised? All Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery Surgeons are FRACS members.
- Fully customised surgery to meet your specific skin condition, surgical preferences and desired result.
- Communicates openly about what surgery can and cannot achieve.
- Provides you with information about potential surgery risks and recovery times.
- Listens and respects your views.
- Gives expert science-based advice and care.
Considering a Breast Lift? Download our handy Guide.
Read more about Breast Lift