Do you want to be part of the exciting cosmetic industry sector or have Plastic Surgery Nurse experience in Melbourne?
If you are a Cosmetic Surgery Nurse, Patient Advisor, Fellows in Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Doctor or an Injecting Nurse interested in joining our Cosmetic Plastic Surgery please read Career/Employment Guide page in detail before you connect with us. Any available openings are also going to be advertised on SEEK.
Criteria for Employment – Cosmetic Surgery Nurses, Dermal Clinicians and Patient Care Teams
Key Criteria for Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery and Skin Care Career Roles
What we look for:
We are always open to hearing from friendly, hard-working Plastic Surgeons and Assistants, medical professionals, Registered Cosmetic Surgery Nurses, Cosmetic Injecting Clinicians and Dermal Therapists and GPs that meet our FOUR KEY candidate criteria.
- Solid knowledge of and interest in Cosmetic Procedures and Plastic Surgery.
- Read our website https://cocorubyplasticsurgery.com.au/ and blog www.cocorubyplasticsurgery.com.au/blog for more details.
- Or visit the website of ASAPS (USA) www.smartbeautyguide.com for more information on the industry and what plastic surgery and non-surgical cosmetic treatments can help patients to achieve.
There are a number of useful books on the Plastic Surgery & Cosmetic Services Industry that you could read.
- Cosmetic Surgery for Dummies by R. Merrell Olesen
- Beauty and the Business by Greg Buford
- And the books suggested in the Career guide to working in the Cosmetic Industry or Plastic Surgery Sector.
Knowledge of a Practice Management System (PMS) is helpful for a career in the Aesthetic Industry.
The PMS is the heart of any practice.
- It is our patient database, our Clinic diary, and our financial and reporting system.
- Our PMS is called Genie, but most PMS are similar in nature.
- You could also benefit from watching Genie Medical System training Videos online.
- This can help ensure that PSM software is something you’ll be able to master if you are selected for a role at one of our Clinics.
Proven Communication Skills and former Sales Experience
- You need to know how to explain cosmetic procedures and promote Specialist services; you need to understand the differences in types of Surgeons who perform this type of service.
- This includes good communication skills to help explain the benefits of various procedures to prospective Patients as well as risks and recovery information.
About the Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic &and Reconstructive Surgery and Cosmetic Injecting Industry
Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and cosmetic injections and skincare services operate in a competitive field.
- Our growing team prides ourselves on offering patient care excellence well BEYOND the standard of smaller groups and sole practitioners.
- In particular, this requires advanced patient education and active listening, to enable a prospective client to get a sense of who we are and what we do, but to also know in depth what each patient is seeking – and to be able to communicate whether or not what they are seeking is within reach via plastic surgery practices.
Patient education and good communication help plastic surgery patients better understand the premium care they will receive at our Melbourne locations (near Richmond, Kew & Camberwell as well as Berwick and Williamstown).
It also helps patients feel more comfortable to attend a consultation with our Specialist Surgeons. Because not everyone knows what to expect at a first cosmetic plastic surgery consultation.
Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Procedures are offered using numerous interpersonal, rapport building and education/training skills, including influential and empathetic communication skills.
Needed skills for job openings in the cosmetic industry, beauty businesses and Melbourne plastic surgery groups include:
- Rapport building, empathy, appreciative questioning and high-level listening skills.
- An ability to ascertain what is truly important to each and every individual patient who contacts us or steps into our cosmetic plastic surgery clinic.
- Being able to identify and overcoming unrealistic fears about cosmetic surgery.
- Proactively negotiating scheduling availability when a patient is interested in a procedure and wants a specific surgery date or specific Surgeon (we have several sought after and top-ranked experienced Melbourne Plastic Surgeons to choose from).
You need to be calm and help reassure patients about any unrealistic fears or concerns they have, using extensive knowledge of procedures, typical recovery times and healing aids such as Healite II or Rapid Recovery Packs.
Most people take a while to decide whether or not they’ll pursue cosmetic procedures, so you’ll also need to be proactive in:
- making follow up calls
- answering numerous questions and alleviating unreasonable fears
- helping us to host our public events and patient information nights
There are many communications and sales influence books that may help with these skills, including several books that may be useful for patient consulting for cosmetic surgery. These are listed at the bottom of this blog.
Deliver a High Level of Patient Care
Aesthetic patients are NOT the same as regular Healthcare patients – the choice to have cosmetic surgery is generally an optional one. It can also be more expensive than some patients anticipate. Hence, many patients take time to decide, whilst investigating many options, including the dangerous option of going overseas for surgery with an unknown practitioner who is not FRACS qualified as a Specialist Surgeon.
Aesthetic patients also expect a higher standard of care, respect and confidentiality from their Clinicians and Surgeons.
This often requires:
- Building a longer-term relationship
- Delivering an awesome Patient Experience
- Developing empathy with aesthetic patients and reassuring them
- Developing an ongoing patient plan and procedure scheduling
- A friendly attitude to post-op support wound care and changing dressings
- Managing any potential complications
Current Job Openings in Medicine, Plastic or Cosmetic Surgery and Skin Care/Beauty
Still, interested in a career in the Aesthetics Industry and want to submit your C.V. for consideration for our Cosmetic Injections, Plastic Surgery and Skin Care Teams? Note that we only list our ADS on SEEK and you must apply via SEEK.
Job Openings and Career Opportunities for the Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Industry, including Nurses, Cosmetic Doctors and Plastic Surgeon Fellowships.
Any current openings will be advertised on Seek. Read how to search for openings.
Contact us and let us know if you’re keen to discuss the potential of joining our team in one of these positions:
- Plastic Surgeons and Plastic Surgery Fellows
- Cosmetic Medical Receptionists
- Patient Care Coordinators – helping patients move through their consultation and surgery journey
- Cosmetic Injections, Cosmetic GP/Cosmetic Doctors for Aesthetic Medicine
- Dermal Clinicians for Advanced Skin Care Technologies
- Nurses or medically-trained Patient Care Liaisons
About Us: We Focus On Patient Care Excellence
- Our Clinics feature some of the most experienced groups of Specialist Plastic Surgeons, Cosmetic Medical Professionals & Skin Care Clinicians in Australia.
- We have several independent Specialist Plastic Surgeons and multiple surgeries consulting locations in the Melbourne & Sydney region
- Our expertise is in providing precision Cosmetic Surgery and Patient Care Excellence.
- Our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing affiliates also offer Non-surgical cosmetic technologies to ensure our patients get the best possible results from their cosmetic surgery procedures.
** We are currently OPEN to talking with highly-skilled, established Specialist Plastic Surgeons or Plastic Surgery Fellows who would like to discuss the potential for joining one of Melbourne’s largest groups of Specialist Surgeons.**
Phone David Staughton on 1300 264 811
Who should contact us about potential Melbourne Job Opportunities in Cosmetic Nursing and Plastic Surgery or Skin Care Clinics:
- We are keen to hear from career-minded individuals who want to make a positive difference in the lives of our cosmetic surgery and skincare patients.
- It’s important that you read our tips and guidelines before applying for a role and ideally attend one of our Patient Events.
Professional Training Provided for our Team Members – we are always working on continual improvement and personnel upskilling for our Team so that we can better serve our Plastic Surgery patients.
We are focused on Patient Care Excellence. We also believe in offering personal growth workshops and professional skills training to ensure we meet our patient expectations.
- Training provided for individuals who are team-oriented, computer savvy and who have the skills and attitude required to work with a leading group of health professionals.
- Enjoy working with a team committed to top cosmetic procedures and skincare treatments.
- Learn about our precision surgical techniques, advanced technologies and special equipment.
Who to speak to about working with our Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne
Our Peoples & Communication Team members include Business Manager David Staughton or Peoples and Communication Professional, Dee Tozer.
If you are interested in working for us, please:
- Email us with your initial enquiry (contact emails are listed further down this page)
- Apply for Job Listing(s) directly via our SEEK advertisements.
- Important: BEFORE you APPLY for one of our roles in Cosmetic Surgery or Skin Care, read our APPLICANT TIPS sheet.
Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery Industry: Current Employment Opportunities
We are open to hearing from medical and surgical industry job candidates with experience in medical and cosmetic nursing sectors, plastic surgery, health/fitness, weight loss clinical care sectors, pharmacy sales and/or beauty treatments and cosmetic sales.
Nursing Jobs, Cosmetic Plastic Surgery and Skin Treatment or Cosmetic Injecting job opportunities and career path information – listed below.
Patient Liaison/Coordinator Roles, Nursing & Reception Support Roles in our Top Melbourne Locations (Send us an enquiry to assess if we have any current job openings for Cosmetic Surgery Nurses or Patient Coordinators for Cosmetic Procedures).
Plastic Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Care – Patient Support, Surgery Coordination and Nursing Roles
- Are you results-orientated and customer service focused?
- Do you have a warm, engaging manner and excellent communication skills?
- Would you enjoy being a Patient-Liaison or a Surgical Nurse in a fast expanding, forward-thinking Cosmetic Clinic and Plastic Surgery Environment?
- Are you adept at Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Genie or other medical software?
Genie experience, cosmetic industry and/or medical industry experience very helpful (but not required).
F/T RECEPTIONIST – Healthcare and Cosmetic Surgery Career Opportunities (Melbourne)
- Would you enjoy being the face to face greeting team, appointment scheduler and phone support person for our patients, Skin Care Professionals and Surgeons?
- Different positions may be available at our clinic locations in Melbourne, Berwick or Williamstown.
Just let us know which office is closest to you and what specific roles you’d like to be considered for an interview.
If you are interested in one of these roles, search our SEEK ads for jobs in reception, nursing or Patient Care Coordination.
Who should apply?
To suit our team, you would need to demonstrate the following top skills and interpersonal capacities:
- strong interest in cosmetic surgery, cosmetic injections, beauty, skin health and aesthetics nursing
- a sparkling, engaging telephone voice and top-notch customer service and sales skills
- a keen interest in helping others achieve their self-improvement and physical enhancement goals
- outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- strong computer skills and fast typing speed (minimum 75 wpm)
- intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- exceptional personal presentation (read our tips sheet)
- sound knowledge of physiology or anatomy and medical or health care terminology
- high attention to detail with clinical software experience AND accurate data entry/scheduling skills
- empathy and rapport-building skills to support our Melbourne cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery patients
- customer service, sales or patient care/client liaison background
To APPLY for a role, please find our job ADS on SEEK.
We may not be currently hiring but it is wise to connect with us and attend our EVENTS so that you know more about us in the event an opportunity arises to which you may be qualified.
- Search the online SEEK listings for jobs posted by Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery.
- All APPLICANTS must apply directly on SEEK OR contact David on 1300 264 811 (leave a message about your desired role).
A beautiful environment to work in PLUS you’ll get to assist some of the best cosmetic and plastic surgery patients in Melbourne!
- A delightful working environment in a stylish and elegant professional practice
- Working with the latest medical technologies and skincare products
- Appreciative leadership team with recognition and rewards for the extra effort
- Training & opportunities to learn and develop your industry potential
- Above-award salary and incentives
We may offer a range of services and varied career opportunities and jobs in Cosmetic Medicine, Skin Rejuvenation and Plastic Surgery. Get in touch with us if you want to express interest in joining our team when we have a job opening.
Want to work as a Dermal Clinician or Injector?
Visit our affiliated non-surgical team website to discover more about our Cosmetic Injecting, Dermal Clinician and Mona Lisa Touch Laser Operations at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing. Register to attend one of our FREE events to find out more.
Plastic Surgeon Fellowships Also Available to Select Candidates
- Do you want to work alongside Melbourne’s top Plastic Surgeons?
- If you want a great environment and a once in a lifetime opportunity is Cosmetic Medicine and Plastic Surgery, contact us today.
Read our GUIDE TO A CAREER IN THE AESTHETIC INDUSTRY for more information.
Please enquire by emailing email@example.com for details.