The best cleavage-boosting swimsuits to wear after getting Breast Implants
You finally took the plunge and got the breast Implants you wanted, you’ve healed and now you want to go swimming and show off the new and improved you, but what do you wear? Your breasts have changed and you are no longer restricted the way you were before but what bathers are the right ones for you? Choosing the best swimsuit after Breast implant surgery can be tough but we are here to help.
In the past, you may have found yourself going for push up or heavily padded swimsuits but you don’t need to do that anymore. Now you have more options. This can be liberating but it can also be daunting. You are in uncharted waters, so where do you start?
Don’t worry we are here to help. We are going to dive in and help you find the perfect swimwear for you, whether you want to go to relax at the beach, go to the pool, swim laps or do competitive swimming we have you and your new breasts covered.
Not all things are created equal
Swimwear and breast surgery are comparable in the fact that the price of both can vary drastically. This is due to the fact that not all bathers are created equally. Just like not all ‘surgeons’ have the skill and training to perform breast surgery. Doing your research is key.
Now that you have the breasts and cleavage you want, you will be faced with a new set of ‘problems’. You will find that now some bathers will not provide you with proper coverage, while others will lack the lift you now want, these were probably not things you had to consider before. It is important to be aware of your new additions and what does and does not work for them. Even with these new considerations, not only will you have a lot more options to choose from but you’ll also be more confident in rocking the bathers you want.
Whether you’re rocking your new swimwear at the beach, pool, lake or any body of water just remember that looking after your skin is VITAL. Wearing sunscreen is not only important to prevent sunburn and serious skin illness it’s also important for protecting your scars. You can click the link sunbathing after getting implants to learn more.
So, let’s dive in…
What to Wear in the Pool?
If you enjoy swimming laps at the pool you need to know that your breasts will feel different after your surgery. In fact, you may need to alter your swimming style slightly. If you are a lap swimmer then you already know that a one-piece is normally the bather of choice. The key is to find a pair that is body-hugging and offers complete support for your now larger breasts.
Some Key Tips:
- A one-piece swimsuit is one of the best options to give support and coverage to your new breasts. It will give you optimal comfort while swimming. Once you feel more comfortable, you may choose to go for bikinis.
- Another amazing option is zip-up bikinis. They allow you to stay completely comfortable during the swim while still allowing you to rock that cleavage after the swim.
- Choose colours that flatter you with an element of black.
Competitive Swimming After Getting Breast Implants
Swimming after breast augmentation may feel a bit different at first, and you may find you need to change your stroke ever so slightly. However, your swimming coach can likely help. You can also ask other swimmers for suggestions on what to wear. A number of women competing professionally in sports such as swimming, climbing or running have done so after having breast implants. Fortunately, most competitive swimwear options have good support and body-hugging comfort for your new, slightly larger breasts.
Breast Implant Tip: If you’re doing laps, going for a long-distance swim, or surfing, after getting breast implants, opt for a one-piece swimsuit.
There are several great body-hugging, chest hugging one-piece swimsuits available. One option that you might enjoy wearing after implants is a zip-front swimsuit that lets you show a bit of cleavage after you’ve finished your pool laps or swimming comps. Front zips are also easy to get in and out of when you need to change quickly before or after a swimming comp.
If it feels comfortable to you, try a colourful zip-front model like this pink one piece from Speedo (shown on the left).
What to Wear to a Beach Vacation?
First of all; Book a destination vacation, NOT a destination surgery.
If you’re still in the planning stages, please beware of the dangers and lures of cheap surgery overseas – you’ve no doubt read the stories about revisional work and botched surgeries by unknown doctors, so choose a locally-based Surgeon and avoid fly-in, fly-out scenarios.
Why would you trust your one and only body or breast augmentation to someone you’ve never met before and won’t likely see again? It’s a medical procedure and serious surgery. Furthermore, revisions of botched boob jobs are very costly as well as emotionally draining. Some things simply can’t be fixed; so if you’re wanting breast enlargement, have it done locally BEFORE you fly – and allow plenty of time to heal and recover before you go on holidays.
Check with your FRACS qualified Specialist Breast Surgeon about how soon you can expose your incisions to the sun (usually it’s best to wait until the scars have fully matured) and when you’re cleared for flying, surfing or sailing. Ask for a downloadable surgery planner if you’re looking into the timing of your breast augmentation procedure (send an enquiry below).
So, what swimsuits should you have your eye on before you drive to Queenscliff, Lorne, Mornington Beach or Sorrento – or jet off to Darwin, Adelaide, Perth, Bali, Thailand or the Maldives? Or further yet, the Caribbean, Hawaii, or Mexico? Many women who have breast augmentation surgery do so several months before a beach holiday. Some popular choices include Bali, Indonesia, Hawaii, and Thailand.
When vacationing after getting breast implants it’s important that you are fully recovered so that you can enjoy the vacation to the fullest instead of worrying about your boobs and healing. In fact, you should always consult your surgeon beforehand on whether it’s OK for you to expose yourself to the sun or not. In some cases, surgeons recommend waiting a little bit to prevent the darkening of scars. And remember to ALWAYS wear sunscreen to protect yourself from sunburn and pigmentation issues.
Now that’s out of the way, let’s discuss what bikinis to head for and which ones to avoid, along with a few other tips and tricks.
Some Swimsuit Styles and Tips to Keep In Mind when shopping for new bikinis
- Plunging V-Necks – Go for plunging styles with deep V-necks to flaunt off your cleavage.
- Balconette Bikinis – Balconette styles also look fabulous on almost all body types and shapes. They also offer full support while still giving you a lift.
- Push Up Bikinis – Now that your boobs are bigger, they’ll probably need a lift. Hence, going for push-up styles is a great idea.
- Halter Tops – Halter tops will provide you’re the support needed. It is one of the safest options to go for if you have acquired a new pair of breasts.
- Under Wire – Underwire swimsuits can be comfortable, but they are also an amazing way to lift your boobs without going for heavily padded bras. Invest in one or two good quality ones, and you will be good to go.
- Tankinis – Tankinis are one of the most comfortable types of swimwear options available. If you are not really comfortable with your new body yet, opting for a tankini is a great way to ease yourself into wearing a two-piece.
- Colours – Play with the colours. If you want to flaunt your new breasts, choose the ones with brighter colours and vibrant prints. If you want to be a little discrete, go for ones with darker colours and solids.
- Stay Clear of Bandeau Tops – Avoid bandeau tops. They will do nothing for your new breasts and will simply make you uncomfortable. Unless you constantly want to adjust your top and prevent it from sliding down.
- Avoid Strapless – It goes without saying that strapless tops are also a big no for big boobs.
- Wear Your Confidence – Last but definitely not least, wear the swimsuit that makes you feel confident and beautiful from within. If you feel good, you will look good. That is one golden rule to live your life by.
Some of the best swimsuit styles for boosting your new cleavage after breast implant surgery
Below we have compiled a list of some of the best bather top styles to boost your cleavage, after breast implants.
- Plunge styles with deep v-necks
- Balconette styles
- Push-up styles
- Halter tops
- Just about anything that you feel sexy and confident wearing – you have so many choices now, try a variety to see what you prefer!
4 Rules to remember when it comes to picking the best swimsuit after breast implant surgery
If you are one of those people who live by the fact that there are no rules in fashion, we stand by you. But if you are confused, this set of rules will help you.
- Stay Clear of Triangle Style Bikinis – Triangle bikinis are one of the most popular kinds of swimwear styles. While they look really amazing on smaller chested women, often they do nothing for women with bigger busts. Furthermore, they provide extremely poor coverage and don’t do much for lifting or support either.
- Add Deep Plunging Styles to Your Bikini Wardrobe – Deep plunge styles almost always look amazing on curvier women and will also give you a more lifted look. Combining a plunge with a halter top is a win-win situation. You get to show off your cleavage while still giving your boobs an amazing lift.
- Buy a Cool Cover-Up – We understand that you wish to flaunt your boobs but trust me, there will be times when you’ll be thankful that you got a cover-up.
- Gel can Actually be Your Friend – Most people assume that gel and other padding options are only meant for small chested women. However, this is not the case. You can oomph up your look with gel and padding unless your plan to swim because things can go wrong pretty quickly. If you plan to lay on the beach or capture some Instagram photos, adding padding is a great idea. Just make sure you don’t overdo it. Your breasts should look in proportion to the rest of your body.
With that in mind, you don’t have to just save the gel and padding for the beach. There is nothing stopping you from occasionally pulling out the ‘chicken fillet’, bra padding, or extra-gel-help push up bra when you want to go bigger temporarily – just for fun. This does not mean you should get bigger implants. It’s important to remember, that when it comes to breast implants, big implants will sag more quickly or might show more beneath the skin. There’s a good reason your Surgeon encourages you to choose a body-proportionate, skin-friendly size and profile of breast implant for surgery.
Our Favourite Swimsuit Recommendations
Now that we have done all the prep and prime, lets looks into some actual swimsuit brand that will go with your new breasts. We have done all the homework for you. All these brands are amazing and provide high-quality swimwear and bras that will help you shop with ease. Without further ado, let’s get started:
Seafolly Australia is an amazing swimwear brand that is perfect for women with bigger boobs. They have a huge variety, from full coverage to deep plunge. You name it, and they’ll have it. You can choose the one according to your style.
Their styles in tops include tops, triangle, bralette, bandeau, underwire, halter, singlet tankini, and rash vest. The bottoms include tie side, Brazilian, hipster, high-waisted, more coverage, and board shorts. They also offer fuller cup options up to F cups.
You can also buy separates. You don’t have to buy a set if you love experimenting with your swimwear.
Boobah Swimwear is another amazing brand that has many stunning breast enhancing pieces. They have a huge variety of colours, prints, and styles that will definitely satisfy your inner fashionista. All of their options make your boobs look stunning. Out of all their options, Pammy Sista is our personal favourite. It is an Australian-made company that creates bikinis, bathing suits, and swimwear.
All the swimsuits on their sites are highly affordable. They offer One-Piece Swimsuits, Pammy Bikini, Bikini Sets, Tankini Tops, For Men – Aussie togs, and Micro – Sunbabe. The prices of these swimsuits are extremely affordable as well. The best part is you can get everything shipped to your doorstep. If you decide to spend 100 dollars, you get free shipping. You can either buy a complete set or mix or match separates to fit your taste.
See this amazing Balconette bikini top. It enhances the cleavage beautifully while still offering enough support to keep your boobs lifted! Moreover, the interesting pattern will capture the attention in all the good ways.
SWIMWEAR FINDER BY SUGAR CHILLI
Swimwear finder by Sugar Chilli Swimwear is another local Australian brand. It is designed to make women of all sizes feel comfortable and fabulous. There are numerous beautiful styles to choose from. You can also find a lot of important tips and tricks to help you choose the right one for your body on their website.
One of our favourites is the Billabong Surfside halter bikini top (right). It enhances the cleavage-beautifully, and the stripes and bow simply add to the appeal! This is one swimsuit that will appear flattering on almost every body type.
MAX CLEAVAGE – Post Breast Implant Swimwear
Max Cleavage literally maximizes your cleavage, as the name suggests. Founded by the lovely Emma Clark. It has also been featured in OK! Magazine, Cosmopolitan, and Company. They literally have the largest variety ever, from swimsuits to bras (hint: that could work as swimsuits).
They have several bra types; plunge, strapless, multiway/halter neck, frontless/backless, balconette, strapless, and t-shirt bras. You can enjoy an extensive range of bikinis and bras that come in padded, single, double, and triple gel bras. Their bikini styles include gel bikinis, gel-filled tankinis, gel-filled swimsuits, underwired plunge cup styles, triangle cup styles, clasp back centers, strapless styles, and non-halterneck styles.
Even after you get breast implants, you can still enhance your boobs, see a wide range of gel bikinis to give your boobs an instant lift.
At the end of the day
With your new upper body curves, overall body proportions and breast cleavage, you are bound to feel sexy and confident in nearly anything you wear, so long as it suits your body and your style preferences. However, if you are wanting to experiment with new outfits after breast surgery, it’s usually a great time to get familiar with what looks and feels best with your new boob contours (breast volume and/or breast cleavage).
With that in mind, try on everything you like, see what feels, looks and fits best! Just be sure you wear the proper bra supports (as your Surgeon recommends) as much as you can. Moreover, if you are playing Volleyball or other beach sports/activities make sure you wear a supportive upper body garment like a sports bra or firmly supportive one-piece swimsuit.
Book a Consultation
If you want to learn more about breast augmentation or other companion cosmetic procedures to give you the face, nose, body, or breast you’ve long wanted, please book a consultation or submit a confidential enquiry form below.
Alternatively, if during Clinic Hours speak to one of our Patient Care Coordinators by calling (03) 8849 1444.
And if you want to share your photos from Bali or the beach, tag us on Facebook and Instagram!