What are the Best Plastic Surgery Procedures and Non-Surgical Treatments that are most “Worth It”
A 2020 survey by Realself has revealed what patients think is the best value in plastic surgeries and non-surgical treatments.
There are hundreds of plastic surgeries and treatments available to patients these days. But which are the best value for your money, effort and time? – Which ones are really worth it? – Here are the BEST plastic surgery procedures judged by realself patients around the world.
- The 2020 Most Worth It Ranking survey results were compiled from reviews from patients and give insight into what these patients think are the best value plastic surgeries and treatments.
- In order for a surgery or treatment to be included in the results of the survey, each must meet set criteria which includes a minimum number of reviews within a set time period and a cumulative rating on the website of 90 percent (or above) for patient satisfaction within that same period of time.
- The survey results included both plastic surgeries and non-surgical treatments.
Plastic surgeries ranked high, particularly those involving breasts, body, nose and the face. Other surgeries that ranked high included nipple surgery, vaginoplasty, breast reconstruction, belly button surgery, facial feminisation surgery, weight loss surgeries, injectables and simple non-surgical treatments such as facials.
The lowest ranking surgeries and treatments included non-surgical devices, thread lifts and permanent fillers. In this article, we examine the top-ranking plastic surgeries and treatments, voted for by patients.
Top Plastic Surgery Procedures that are really “worth it”
Here are the best plastic surgery procedures according to Realself.
1. Motiva Breast Implants
With an impressive 99% patient satisfaction rating, Motiva breast implants topped the list of plastic surgeries on the survey. The implants, which come in two different types, offer a wide range of sizing and shape options for customisation.
2. Breast Augmentation Procedure
One of the most commonly performed plastic surgeries, breast augmentation is a procedure that is used to enhance the shape and sizes of the patient’s breasts and has a 98% patient satisfaction rating.
3. Breast Reduction Procedure
Reduction mammoplasty (or breast reduction surgery) is used to remove glandular tissue, fat and skin from the breasts to make them smaller in size and has a 98% patient satisfaction rating according to survey results.
4. Male Breast Reduction Surgery (Gynecomastia Surgery)
Gynecomastia surgery corrects the hormone-induced benign enlargement of male breast tissue and comes in at number 4 on the top plastic surgeries list. With a patient satisfaction rating of 97%.
5. Breast Implant Removal surgery
It’s estimated that up to 20% of women who have breast implants will want them replaced or removed within 8-10 years of having them implanted. This surgical procedure has a 98% patient satisfaction rating and comes in at number 5 on the Top plastic surgeries list.
6. Breast lift surgery
Mastopexy (breast lift surgery) is used to tighten and remove excess breast tissue. It also repositions the areola and nipple to lift sagging breasts. Breast lifts have a 94% patient satisfaction rating.
7. Tummy tuck surgery
With a 96% patient satisfaction rating, abdominoplasty (more commonly known as a tummy tuck) comes in at number 7 on the list of plastic surgeries that patients find are the best value. There is a range of different abdominoplasty surgeries available for patients, from mini-tummy tucks to full tummy tucks with liposuction.
8. Body lift surgery
A body lift is used to remove excess skin after a significant weight loss has been experienced by the patient. Body lift surgery has a 96% patient satisfaction rating.
9. Mummy makeover surgery
A mummy makeover is a term which is used to describe a range of plastic surgeries which address areas of concern in patients who have experienced body changes brought on by pregnancy and childbirth. These concerns can include areas such as the abdomen, breasts and vagina. 96% of patients surveyed were satisfied with the results of their ‘mummy makeover’.
Top non-surgical treatments that are really “worth it”
1. Facial Treatment
Facials ranked number 1 in the Top non-surgical treatments with a 98% patient satisfaction rating. They’re affordable, easily accessible, and customisable to skin types and areas of concern that are identified by the patient. Facials are designed to cleanse, exfoliate, and improve both circulation and skin conditions such as acne.
Number 2 on the list of non-surgical treatments that are highest ranked by patients, and also with a 98% patient satisfaction rating, is the HydraFacial. The multistep treatment is suitable for all skin types and uses a patented device with attachments to remove dead skin and debris from pores, cleanse, exfoliate and for the infusion of serums into the skin. The HydraFacial was also ranked by patients as being affordable, though slightly more expensive than the standard facial.
3. Lip Augmentation
With a patient satisfaction rating of 97%, lip augmentation ranked at number 3 in the top non-surgical treatments for value. There are a number of different treatments that can be used for lip augmentation, but all have the same result; fuller, more shapely and plumper lips.
4. Injectable Facial Filler
An injectable filler, which is used to temporarily add volume or lift areas of the face such as the lips or cheeks. It can also be used for scarring, filling them in so they are less visible. Fillers had a 96% patient satisfaction rating in the survey.
5. Anti-Wrinkle Injections (Popular Anti Ageing Injections)
Anti-Wrinkle Injections or AWI also received a 96% patient satisfaction rating in the survey. This is an injectable neuromodulator and is used to temporarily smooth wrinkles and lines in the face by relaxing facial muscles. Another Anti Wrinkle injectable, which is used both temporarily smoothing wrinkles and lines in the face as well as a range of other “off label” treatments such as hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
6. Non-surgical Rhinoplasty using Dermal Filler
At number 6 on the list is non-surgical rhinoplasty (non-surgical nose job). With a 95% patient satisfaction rating, the treatment uses a dermal filler to temporarily change the appearance and shape of a patient’s nose.
7. Intense Pulse Light Therapy (IPL)
IPL is used for a range of skin conditions, such as rosacea, enlarged pores, broken capillaries and brown spots. Although multiple treatments are often required, it is still considered to be more cost-effective than other light-based therapeutic treatments and has a patient satisfaction rating of 87%.
Download Our Clinic Guide
The Next Steps – What to do Next
- Visit the FAQs pages and read patient reviews to learn more about your intended procedure.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or call on 1300 264 811 to arrange your consultation with Dr Rubinstein
- A referral from your GP or your specialist is helpful but not essential
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- You are more than welcome to bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents provided
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Find out more about our Coco Ruby Plastic Surgeries and Treatments at a Consultation
- Email us below or Call on 1300 264 811 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment OR
- Book a FREE 15-minute Phone Chat with our Patient Liaison Manager. Click here.
- A Referral from your GP or from your specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral although no rebates are claimable without one.
- Schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon by paying the $300 booking fee.
WANT MORE INFORMATION BEFORE SCHEDULING YOUR SURGEON CONSULTATION?
- Request more information – DOWNLOAD A GUIDE about the procedure or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Consultation with a Nurse.
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE) Click here.
- Attend our Regular Practice FREE Events and hear from our Team of Plastic Surgeons along with their top support team.
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure you want – call or contact us
Please contact us using the form below to arrange a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Team on 1300 264 811