Who are the Best Breast Augmentation Surgeons in Australia?
When considering breast surgery, it is essential to do thorough research before choosing your surgeon. Altering your body in any way is a significant decision. Having great-looking breasts might seem like the solution to every problem but there is a lot more to it than that. While it is a huge confidence booster, it still requires serious thought as it will completely change how you look. Without proper research, it can be something you regret rather than something you love. So, landing on the right surgeon is the most critical part of the journey to get the best breasts you can.
Get the Breast Augmentation Surgery guide!
Learn more about Breast Augmentation
What to look for in a Breast Augmentation Surgeon?
Unfortunately, any doctor can call themselves a surgeon once they have completed a medical degree as there is no legislation in place in Australia, which prevents this. To become a specialist surgeon, the requirement is a minimum of 8 years of experience in specialized training.
This piece of information will help you narrow down your options and then choose the right breast augmentation surgeon.
Here is a list of things you need to look out for before settling on a surgeon.
- Always check the credentials and experience of the surgeon. All the qualified surgeons must be fellow members of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) and Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- Always ask your surgeon to show you the results of previous surgeries.
- Communicate clearly with your surgeon. Clearly state your expectations. Your surgeon should be able to tell you what can and cannot be achieved. Not everything is possible on everybody.
- Ask your plastic surgeons about the risks associated with the surgery. Any surgery is not risk-free, and your surgeon should openly discuss everything with you.
One important thing to remember is that you shouldn’t feel rushed into the surgery. Always book consultations with two or three surgeons and give yourself some cooling off time before making the final decision. Even if it’s there is a slight doubt in your mind, we recommend rethinking your decision and possibly coming in for another appointment to clarify things.
Most Popular Plastic Surgeons for Breast Surgery in Australia
Dr Michael Miroshnik SYDNEY
Dr Michaal Miroshnik is undoubtedly amongst the best breast surgeons or Breast Masters. He is widely renowned for his work in this field and has both national and international patients in Sydney. He uses the latest techniques and has developed his own unique designer cleavage techniques to create natural-looking results. Whether you are looking for breast augmentation or a breast surgery, Dr Miroshnik is undoubtedly one of the best breast surgeons you will find in Australia.
As Dr Michael Miroshnik says:
“To me, plastic & cosmetic surgery is a precise art form which in the new millennium is about achieving the look you want that is custom-tailored not only to your physical desires but also your lifestyle. I pride myself in achieving the very best and most natural-looking results possible, with a priority of obtaining them with the minimum amount of downtime.”
Dr Kourosh Tavakoli SYDNEY
Dr Kourosh Tavakoli is one of the most in-demand Plastic Surgeons in Australia and is known to be a master of natural-looking breast augmentations. He has patients from within the state and internationally as well. He has performed over 6000 breast procedures including breast augmentation, breast implants and breast revision surgeries.
As Dr Khourosh Tavakoli says:
“In the field of plastic and cosmetic surgery, I believe expertise, experience and artistry are the keys to success. Achieving the best results possible for my patients in a caring, friendly and professional environment is my top priority.”
Dr Scott Turner SYDNEY & NEWCASTLE
Dr Scott Turner is another expert Breast Surgeon in NSW using advanced techniques developed by the Sydney Breast Masters including fat grafting and designer cleavage lines.
Dr Turner “understands that every woman is unique in both her desires and body shape. He will expertly guide you through the selection of your breast implants. It is extremely important to precisely match the implant shape, size and placement that will complement your natural body shape to give you the results that you desire.
Dr Jeremy Hunt SYDNEY
Dr Jeremy Hunt has about 15 years of experience and thousands of happy and satisfied clients worldwide. That’s the reason he makes it to our list of best breast lift surgeons in Australia. He practices both in Sydney and Wollongong. He is refreshingly honest with his patients and will never advise you to do something which will harm you in the long run. Dr Hunt is not one of those surgeons who try to sell you procedures and surgeries you don’t need. His honesty makes him a fan favourite. Dr Hunt has a simple and straightforward goal; to make you feel confident and fabulous.
Dr Craig Rubinstein MELBOURNE
Dr Craig Rubinstein is a FRACS Specialist Plastic Surgeon with 25+ years’ experience. He has performed over 7000 procedures. Furthermore, he is an expert in natural-looking breast shape enhancements, breast reductions and other procedures associated with surgery. He is known for surgical planning, patient education, and premium patient care. The right outcomes for patients while maintaining the highest patient care standards are his number one priority.
Dr Rubinstein believes “the best time to get plastic surgery is the first time” and we couldn’t agree more. He further adds, “I take particular care in ensuring clients can make fully informed decisions regarding their surgery. Patients must be aware of their options and choices and how their recovery period can be optimized for good scar minimization and pain management.”
Professor Mark Ashton MELBOURNE
Professor Ashton specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery. He is known for breast augmentation surgery, revision surgery, breast reconstruction surgery, cancer surgery, and breast reduction. He is a perfectionist and is known for creating natural-looking results with minimal scarring. Mark Aston is a Fellow of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS). He is a member of The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, The Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
Dr Guy Watts PERTH
Dr Guy Watts is a specialist plastic and cosmetic surgeon. He has worked at some of the top plastic surgery clinics around the world. While he is primarily known for his breast surgeries he is also known through his other surgical treatments. His extensive training and international experience have allowed him to combine the latest technology and plastic surgery and bring it back to Perth. He is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRACS), the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
DrAnh Nguyen PERTH
Dr Anh is more than your typical surgeon. Sure, she has over ten years of plastic surgery experience, but she is someone who deeply cares about your physical transformation. You will feel extremely safe and comforted under Dr Anh’s supervision. This award-winning, surgeon has international recognition for her breast surgeries. She only strives for perfection. She makes sure that you are happy with the result. This is the reason she spends a lot of time during the consultation to understand your vision thoroughly. She has a pool of local and international clients who trust her completely for their transformation. Apart from breast surgeries, she also performs face and body procedures.
Dr Rod Cooter ADELAIDE
Dr Rodney Cooter is a plastic surgeon based in Adelaide, South Australia. He has completed many plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery procedures on both local and international patients. His primary interest lies in breast aesthetics and body contouring procedures. He is known for breast augmentation, breast reconstruction and breast lift surgeries. His thirst for learning never stops, which is why he is continually undergoing specialist training and courses. Safety and Wellbeing is the highest priority for Dr Cooter. He is undoubtedly involved in bringing about a positive change and improvement in the medical arena.
Dr Alastair Taylor CANBERRA
Dr Alastair Taylor (MBBS, FRACS) is a highly qualified, skilled and certainly one of the best leading plastic surgeons in Canberra, Australia. He has over 20 years’ experience in plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. Not only does he do breast and body surgeries but he does facial rejuvenation surgeries as well. Furthermore, he and his team have built quite a reputation for themselves due to their commitment to quality, discreet and personalized care. Any patient who has ever undergone surgery by Dr Alastair Taylor will tell you that his comfort, privacy and safety standards are on another level. That is the reasons he makes it to our list of top plastic surgeons in Australia,
Dr Phil Richardson BRISBANE
Dr Richardson is a very skilled and accomplished plastic, reconstructive & cosmetic surgeon. He has about 12 years of experience under his sleeve. Over 12 years, he has performed over 5,000 breast surgeries in Brisbane, Australia. He podcast “Baring All with Dr Philip Richardson” is quite popular as well. His areas of interest include breast augmentation, breast reduction, and breast lift, as well as male breast reduction for men who require gynecomastia treatment. He prioritizes the complete comfort and satisfaction of his patients and is known for his caring and honest approach.
Plastic Surgeon v’s Cosmetic Surgeon
There is a big difference between a Cosmetic Surgeon and a Specialist Plastic Surgeon
If so, this brief overview will help you with cosmetic surgery research so you can understand key differences between Cosmetic vs Plastic Surgeons.
Reviewing this blog will help you understand how to recognise an experienced Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon versus a general doctor or skin disease doctor who offers cosmetic surgery but isn’t authorised by RACS nor by AHPRA to call themselves a Plastic Surgeon.
Not all Surgeons who offer Cosmetic Surgery are alike in their:
- Medical training
- Surgical qualifications and recognition by medical boards
- Surgery specialities (surgical study, skills and expertise)
- Technical expertise (ongoing education and advanced surgical technique conferences with leading Plastic Surgery experts across the globe)
- Number of surgeries performed
A so-called ‘Cosmetic Surgeon’ differs greatly from a Specialist Plastic Surgeon. They may also call themselves a cosmetic surgeon but a cosmetic surgeon without FRACS (Plas) cannot call themselves a Plastic Surgeon. This is because it is a protected medical title.
How to find the best breast surgeon
These tips will help you find the right breast surgeon in Australia:
- Always look for a board-certified plastic surgeon that is a FRACS surgeon and a member of ASPS. Before you even book your consultations, it is essential to check the credentials of your surgeon.
- The next step is to look carefully at the surgeon’s style as well as their approach. Cosmetic surgery requires a certain level of artistry and style. If the results are not natural-looking, you could end up regretting your decision.
- Always explore the facility. Even if the surgeon is great and feels comfortable during the consultation, have a close look at the facility. Ensure the facility has all the right ambience and the right staff to accommodate your needs.
- Look for a surgeon who is upfront and honest with you. Never choose anyone who doesn’t give you their real opinion about the surgery or who doesn’t give you clear, detailed information.
Read more on How to Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon.
Best Questions to Ask Your Surgeon
These questions will give you much more insight into the process.
- Am I the right candidate for breast augmentation? If not, what is keeping me from being the ideal candidate, and what are the alternatives?
- How many times have you performed breast augmentation surgery on patients?
- Can you list some of the less obvious benefits of the procedure?
- What are the risks associated with breast augmentation surgery? (you want to be fully aware before making the final decision.)
- What board certifications do you hold? Do you mind sharing? (If you find it too awkward to ask this one, always go through their profile before the consultation)
- Where will my breast augmentation surgery take place?
- Is the surgical facility accredited?
- Will I need general anaesthesia or local anaesthesia?
- In case of any emergency, what will happen and what will be the best possible outcome?
- Can you show before and after photographs of the patient? Have you treated any patient with exact concerns and conditions?
Last but not least, research is the key to finding the right surgeon. After reading this article, I am sure that you will be well equipped with some facts to help you find the right surgeon to achieve the Best Breast Augmentation for you. If you still have any questions in mind, leave them down in the comments section below, and I will get back to you shortly.