Asian Nose Surgery
Melbourne’s Surgeons for Asian Rhinoplasty and Nose Bridge Augmentation Options
Our Melbourne clinic has several top ‘nose job’ Surgeon, Dr Richard Sackelariou amongst its FRACS qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon team.
Considering Asian Rhinoplasty or nose reshaping surgery?
- NOT all noses are alike. Nor should they be made to look overly similar.
- That’s why we fully customise Asian nose procedures to meet the anatomy and appearance change goals of each individual patient, taking care to match the nose changes to be harmonious with existing facial anatomy.
- With Asian nose surgery, the rhinoplasty techniques are unique and MAY involve nasal Bridge Augmentation (upper nose shape refinement or nose-bridge augmentation surgery).
- These Asian nose reshaping techniques may help enhance the nose contours around the EYE or upper cheek area of the face, around the nose bridge or inner upper cheek.
- The nose tip shape or nostril shape(s) may also be adjusted if desired.
Download Our Guide to Rhinoplasty
Read: Rhinoplasty for Men
Of course, this type of Nose Shaping Surgery/Rhinoplasty can change the appearance of the entire face, due to the relationship balance of the NOSE feature with other aspects of facial anatomy.
Ideally, you should choose a Specialist Plastic Surgeon who:
- is extensively experienced in Asian Rhinoplasty techniques including nose bridge augmentation
- has a great eye for aesthetic, natural-looking outcomes
- is experienced in nose bridge augmentation and nose reshaping to FLATTER the OVERALL facial appearance, in an individual manner
In other words, it is NEVER WISE to choose a less experienced or junior Surgeon for a nose job. If you do, you might not end up with the nose you were hoping to attain, and could end up with a need for expensive Revision Nose Surgery.
It is important to remember that the procedure for nose jobs, Asian Nose Surgery or otherwise, are highly complex procedures. Therefore all TYPES of RHINOPLASTY surgery require a highly qualified and experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon for best chances of getting an optimal result from Asian Nose Shaping Surgery.
Why is Nose Surgery so complex? Asian Rhinoplasty and Nose Reshaping Methods
Some medical experts say that a nose job surgery result is MORE likely the result of up to 24 separate operations, not just one surgery.
- The reason NOSE reshaping is SO COMPLEX is that the structures of the nose and nasal cavities are far more extensive than most people understand.
- Any change to one part of the nose can have a significant impact on related structures, and can potentially impact nasal functions such as breathing, tasting, hearing or scent-detection (olfactory functions/senses).
- These operations and surgical techniques can often be done in ONE surgical session under General Anaesthesia, but it’s usually a 2 hour to 3-hour procedure (or longer).
- Surgery often involves numerous advanced plastic surgery techniques for Rhinoplasty including septoplasty, nose shape changes, nose tip reshaping, bridge augmentation or bridge bump elimination, nostril refinements and other dimension changes to nose shape or size.
A good nose job for patients of any heritage – including Asian nose surgery – should leave the patient’s face looking natural and balanced
After nose surgery, some patients find they are no longer distracted or concerned by having a crooked, bumpy, overly large or breathing-blocking nose concern.
For Asian patients, nose surgery can augment the bridge or improve the front and side views of a flatter-looking upper nose bridge that appears to lack projection.
After nose surgery, you’ll ideally have more pronounced upper cheek-to-upper nose dimensions, a more balanced facial appearance OR a more proportionate nose. Your eyes may also appear “more open” due to having an augmented, projected nose bridge or straighter nose bridge.
Individuals of Asian heritage often have unique cosmetic surgery requirements for nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty surgery), Eyelid Reduction (Blepharoplasty), or Breast Augmentation.
Our Surgeons have experience with surgery for many different appearances and genetic traits. They do NOT offer cookie-cutter types of surgery but work with each individual face or body to achieve the balance the person is seeking, making subtle and natural looking refinements that ENHANCE the face yet still look natural.
Asian Nose Reshaping Surgery – Refining the Nose Bridge with Augmentation
What makes Asian Nose Surgery DIFFERENT from other Nose Jobs?
- Most Asian Rhinoplasty surgeries have an aspect of augmenting or projecting the nose bridge near the upper cheeks and eye area.
- This is always customised according to the anatomy and appearance desires of the individual patient.
- If you want nose surgery to slightly modify your nose, it’s best to have a consultation with an expert in Nose Surgery and FIND OUT what can be changed and what the recovery, surgery techniques and risks are, before deciding.
Customised Surgery is important – planning is essential for a good result for different facial structures.
- One reason to choose a FRACS qualified PLASTIC SURGEON is that the facial structures and anatomy of individuals from different cultures and regions means certain cosmetic facial reshaping surgeries, such as facelift, nasal bridge augmentation (called an “Asian nose job” surgery), eyelid reduction (Asian Blepharoplasty or double-lid eyelid reduction) – and even body contouring or Breast Implants – MAY require a different type of scar management and surgery approach.
- For example, armpit breast implant insertion methods are sometimes preferred by patients of Asian heritage who might be concerned about potential keloid scarring or a lighter scar due to skin pigmentation.
- Facial surgery should also be carefully performed to minimise scarring tendencies when possible.
- Find out more by phoning 0388491444.
If I get a nose job, will I have scars?
- All surgery that involves an invasive procedure leaves a scar.
- A SCAR is a mark where skin has been surgically ‘cut’ with a surgical blade or laser or other instrument.
- Scars can take over 12 months to fully settle and SOME individuals DO scar more readily – and more VISIBLY – than others.
- In CLOSED rhinoplasty nose surgery, the scar is INSIDE the nostrils and hardly visible to most people.
- For OPEN rhinoplasty, the incision is made in the area of the face where the nose meets the skin above the upper lip – the philtrum – and it usually blends in nicely with the subtle nose crease.
Some patients may have more visible scars than others. Mostly, scars fade – but ask what to expect as you WILL have a scar and SCAR appearances vary from patient to patient.
- Scar management is particularly important in patients with skin that is rich in melanin as they may be more prone to visible scars than patients with Fitzpatrick I or II skin types.
- Scars are often a greater concern for patients of Asian heritage for Breast Augmentation, for example, meaning the Transaxillary incision approach (Armpit Incisions) by Dr Geoff Barnett might be more suitable for some patients.
Asian Rhinoplasty Surgery preferences, techniques and scars will vary from patient to patient.
- One reason some patients seek this type of nose job surgery (Asian Nose Reshaping) is to enhance the bridge of the nose in the upper area of the nose, near the eye area.
- It must be done with care to achieve a natural-looking outcome that doesn’t impede on the function of the nasal area.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons have a large clientele of patients of Asian heritage as they know the unique requirements for Asian Rhinoplasty and Asian Eyelid Reduction Surgery (Asian Blepharoplasty), for example.
Does ASIAN NOSE JOB surgery have RISKS?
- All invasive surgery carries risks, and Asian nose augmentation or Asian rhinoplasty is no exception.
- Visit the RHINOPLASTY surgery page and download a GUIDE for procedure details.
Asian Patients – Custom Plastic Surgery by Melbourne Experts
Am I a GOOD candidate for ASIAN Rhinoplasty?
- Are you wanting to reshape your nose or increase the bridge depth of your nose?
- Do you prefer a slightly more elevated nasal bridge (the area between your eyes)?
- Are you wanting to slightly alter your nose profile but still retain a natural-looking result?
- Are you generally healthy and willing to undertake a surgical solution that involves surgery, anaesthetic, recovery and risks?
- Do you know the difference between a FRACS qualified PLASTIC SURGEON (e.g., a Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon) and a less-trained GP or cosmetic doctor?
At Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing, our Patients come from a wide range of cultures and different ages.
- Whatever age you are, and whatever skin type or scar concerns you have, we can usually help.
- There are Asian Rhinoplasty options (nose reshaping surgery) as well as a potential solution for minor nose reshaping using Dermal Filler injections.
Surgery is a serious endeavour, however, and if you have a Rhinoplasty the healing and swelling can take nearly a year (sometimes less, sometimes longer) to resolve. So you’ll need to be patient to see your new nose results if you have Rhinoplasty Surgery.
Is dermal filler to the nasal bridge a better AUGMENTATION option than Asian Nose Surgery?
- Dermal Filler Injections may also help some patients, and are sometimes used as an alternative to Asian Nose Surgery.
- However, injecting into the nose area has serious risks; and you’ll want to choose a top Surgeon or Cosmetic Injecting Team to optimise your safety and minimise RISKS if you choose any type of nose reshaping procedure.
- Dermal filler injections for nose reshaping ALSO need to be repeated, whereas surgery is long lasting.
- However, you will need to research your options and decide if you want to maintain the new appearance of your nose (or choose Rhinoplasty surgery, with longer recovery times and different risks, but which is often longer-lasting).
Which Surgeons offer fully-customised Plastic Surgery for Asian patients in Melbourne?
- Our Plastic Surgeons with expertise in helping ASIAN patients who have more pigmented or scar-prone skin types include:
- Dr Richard Sackelariou focuses on Rhinoplasty surgery for all types of patients.
- Dr Richard Sackelariou and Dr Geoff Barnett also offer special procedures such as transaxillary breast augmentation and facial surgery for patients with more melanin-rich skin or high-risk scarring tendencies.
- For other surgeries, such as double-eyelid surgery or the ASIAN BLEPH, choose our highly experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon Dr Benjamin Burt – the expert for Eyelid Surgery and Asian Double Eyelid Reduction procedures.
Rhinoplasty Before and After Surgery – Photographs
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeon for Asian Rhinoplasty Surgery (Melbourne or Sydney)
Our team’s nose surgery revision experts include the following Australian Specialist Plastic, Reconstructive and Reconstructive Surgeons who focus on nose job procedures and advanced Rhinoplasty techniques including Revision Rhinoplasty (secondary procedures):
Dr Richard Sackelariou, Fracs (Plas) in Melbourne Victoria and in Sydney Australia – Hawthorn East/Bayside and Double Bay
Our team of Genuine accredited Specialist Plastic Surgeons’ affiliations include:
To choose the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon for your revision nose job, be sure you check their qualifications, experience, skills and Membership.
If they are NOT recognised by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) as Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeons, they may not be your best option (avoid less trained surgeons or junior doctors in training for this complex surgical procedure).
Send a confidential enquiry form, below, to hear back from a Patient Care Coordinator if you are interested in an Asian Rhinoplasty or “liquid Rhinoplasty” nose reshaping procedure using cosmetic injections in either Melbourne or Sydney.
Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (Find specialist plastic surgeons), Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (Patient Safety Regulated by Plastic Surgery Regulation Laws), Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (Information for patients), Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency AHPRA (Register of practitioners), Health Victoria (The Department of Health and Human Services)
Want more information before scheduling a consultation with your Nose Reshaping Surgeon?
* DOWNLOAD A GUIDE about the procedure or contact us
* Book a 15 MIN CHAT with the Patient Care Team
* Attend a FREE MONTHLY INFORMATION EVENING and hear from our Team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons and past patients.
Please Contact Us using the form below to arrange a consultation with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Team on (03) 8849 1444. Visit our FAQ Pages, learn more about your procedure and also have a look at our BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS.