Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery – Australia’s Leading Surgeons
Choosing to have a Cosmetic Plastic Surgery is a major decision. You may have thought about having cosmetic surgery such as Breast Augmentation, Breast Reduction or a Tummy Tuck for years before proceeding. There’s also a lot to consider before consenting to have a cosmetic operation by a Plastic Surgeon or other Surgeon.
Why choose Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery?
- You want to feel completely comfortable with your choice of Surgeon.
- Remember that results vary from patient to patient, but recognise that your life and surgery results are in the hands of your surgeon.
- It’s highly questionable to trust a junior surgeon or a GP with non-specialist qualifications to perform complex cosmetic procedures that involve high risks to patient health, patient outcomes and aesthetically pleasing surgery results – instead, choose a highly experienced expert from our team.
Choosing a Cosmetic, Reconstructive and Plastic Surgeon (A FRACS Specialist Plastic Surgeon) who has a trusted reputation, a local long-standing clinic and positive online reviews are also important for modern patients to assess a Surgeon’s trust, capacity and skills. But don’t be lured by ads and television appearances – check the Surgeon’s actual standing with AHPRA.
Our Surgeons are talented, conservative and peer-respected experts who can:
- help you understand the process of successful surgery choices – (good decisions)
- inform you of how to make recovery from cosmetic surgery a smoother, safer process by following instructions and best-practice post-operative patient care protocols (including adequate rest, good nutrition, never smoking and proper wound care to help prevent infections)
Best of all, our Surgeons are caring, empathetic and highly skilled. They LISTEN to what you have to say and what you want and they help you understand the way forward to attaining surgery goals given what you’re starting with.
- It’s helpful when a Surgeon helps you understand how what you’re starting with (skin, shape, proportions, features and health) impacts your potential surgery results
- Knowing WHAT CAN (and CANNOT) be accomplished with plastic surgery is also helpful to patient satisfaction
- Natural-looking results are a priority (never over-done, pulled or grotesquely over-operated)
- Keeping patients as safe as possible while under general anaesthesia during the operation are their primary goals.
It’s important to understand the surgery process itself, as well as potential recovery time variances and how YOUR surgery results could impact your lifestyle – having a good Surgeon will go a long way to help your understandings.
- Surgery has both an immediate impact (as you’re recovering) and a longer-term impact (a changed shape or appearance to your face, nose, body or eyelids).
- The experience can be very emotional at times, but it helps to be sure you’ve chosen the right doctor (Specialist Plastic Surgeon) for your procedure.
- The right time in your life to have surgery is also an important consideration.
- Some periods of life and different times of year may be less stressful for having an operation – but this can vary.
- Knowing you have chosen a talented, skilled and experienced Surgeon to lead the way, can help you relax about your choice of Surgeon.
For a positive experience through any cosmetic or plastic surgery procedure, your CHOICE of SURGEON is crucial to your overall experience – including comfort during recovery and after-surgery care.
Which of our Team’s recommended Plastic Surgeons or ENT Surgeons should you choose?
Our Team of Plastic Surgeons and ENT Surgeon
- Dr Craig Rubinstein – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Melbourne)
- Dr Geoff Barnett – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon (Melbourne)
- Dr Rebecca Wyten – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Melbourne – Hawthorn and Berwick)
- Dr Richard Sackelariou – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon (Melbourne and Sydney)
- Dr Stephen Kleid – Ear Nose and Throat ENT Surgeon (Melbourne)
- Dr Patrick Briggs – Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Melbourne)
Australia’s expert Surgeons for Breast, Body, Face, Nose, Eyelids and Skin Procedures – based in Melbourne and Sydney.
- The key to choosing between a recommended Surgeon is to do adequate homework and research.
- Look at BEFORE and AFTER cosmetic surgery photos, read the blogs and articles, and watch Plastic Surgery videos.
- Don’t just rely on online reviews or health information online or on television – know the difference between a GP or skin doctor and a genuine FRACS qualified Plastic Surgeon (Specialist) so that you can have trust in your choice of Surgeon.
Why? Because not all Surgeons have the same training.
- Some have less than a year of additional training in cosmetic surgery, versus over 12 years of additional training in Cosmetic, Plastic or Reconstructive Surgery (such as a FRACS Plastic Surgeon will have).
- Some can ONLY operate in a back-room but do NOT have privileges in genuine hospitals.
- The best way to check is to ask AND verify with AHPRA and other medical boards IF your Surgeon is actually the Specialist Plastic Surgeon they claim to be before you commit to a surgery date.
- No junior surgeons is also an important feature of a reputable clinic – as seen in the FOUR CORNERS expose, many breast surgery patients in Sydney experienced something far removed from typical experiences of having surgery with a bonafide Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
Is your Surgeon really a Specialist? Can they operate in a real hospital?
How to check – and remember to check their online reviews.
- Do research to find out if your doctor REALLY IS a Plastic Surgeon (or something different like your average GP or skin cancer doctor).
- Don’t fall for the story of “backroom is better” – what if something goes wrong?
- Plus, do you really want to try ‘being awake during surgery procedures’ with twilight anaesthesia rather than hospital-grade general anaesthesia?
Find out what your Surgeon’s actually a Specialist in (or if they are NOT actually a specialist at all but rather a GP or dentist).
- If they DON’T have hospital operating rights (or give you a choice of where to operate other than their clinic rooms) they are NOT likely to be a Specialist Plastic Surgeon NOR to have operating privileges in Australian hospitals.
- Read handy downloadable ebooks and Guides before proceeding to a consultation.
Why do people want Plastic or Cosmetic Surgery?
- Because how we look – and how we feel about our physical appearance – matters to most of us.
- Whether or not we WISH it were different, our self-assessments – and our confidence – is impacted by how comfortable we feel NOW – in our own skin or body – it can even impact on our confidence in a social situation, dating site profile or job interview.
There’s no question that feeling we LOOK our best can help us to feel better – and improve our overall confidence levels – but surgery is NOT a first step nor a go-to solution.
Our Surgeons are honest about what can and cannot be attained through surgery. They can also help you understand other options you might want to explore.
But if you have a condition where surgery is definitely your best solution or your only long-term solution – such as removing skin folds after pregnancy or lifting your breasts and NAC above your inframammary fold/breast crease – then be sure you see an EXPERT with FRACS, ISAPS, ASPS/ASAPS or other qualifications that indicate they have had the adequate training and skills to serve your surgery needs while prioritising your safety.
Why are you a good candidate for cosmetic plastic surgery?
This help minimises risks:
- be sure you’re emotionally healthy as well as physically healthy
- eat right and rest well before and after your procedure
- follow your Surgeons pre-surgery preparation instructions and your post-operation recommendations
- avoid unnecessary substance use
- definitely, do not smoke
- be at a stable weight and healthy BMI
- don’t do too much too soon – get clearance before exercising or heavy lifting
Realistic expectations about what cosmetic plastic surgery can – and cannot – accomplish in your life – will go a long way towards patient satisfaction after having a cosmetic procedure (the “worth it” ratings you will give to the experience, surgery result and Surgeon).
Examples of how Plastic Surgery has helped individuals include:
- Providing freedom from the burdens, pains or social challenges of imbalanced features or body parts
- Example: extremely heavy breasts can be surgically reduced in weight and size
- this may help reduce shoulder/neck or back pain for patients whose breast volume and breast weight impacted their posture, straining their necks, backs or shoulders
- Males who have Gynaecomastia and want male breast reduction to reduce ‘man boobs’ or ‘moobs’ may also benefit from Male Breast Reduction Surgery
- Freedom from skin irritations or concerns about excess tummy skin folds (redundant skin) after pregnancy or after significant weight loss by performing a Tummy Tuck or Liposuction (which may also help improve incontinence and reduce back pain).
- Freedom from unwanted attention focused on a disproportionate, very bumpy, injured crooked nose, a severely recessed chin or a droopy eyelid.
Plastic Surgeons help change lives.
- Surgery has limitations, however, based on what you’re starting with.
- We give you expert opinions on HOW your PRE-existing conditions will impact your surgery choices and results.
- Do, however, understand the risks and costs of surgery before you proceed, and understand there WILL be downtime (recovery time).
Download our Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery Clinic Guide
20 Points of Difference – Our unique clinic is one of the most popular places to visit for surgery in Melbourne VIC Australia.
20 points that make our team unique in terms of which Surgeon to choose for Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery (Breast Surgery, Liposuction, Body Contouring/Abdominoplasty, Arm Reduction, Nose Surgery/Rhinoplasty, Eyelid Surgery, Facelift, Neck Lift and more).
- High quality, holistic care environment
- Patient-safety protocols and staying informed of new advances in Plastic Surgery
- Unique Patient Education materials including VIDEOS and GUIDEBOOKS
- Many Specialist Plastic Surgeons you can choose from – an option to best suit your particular procedure, personality or communication style and chosen surgery date
- Compliant with best-practice methods to manage risks; genuine Australian hospital operating environments
- Being ethical, honest and trustworthy; Mutual respect and loyalty
- Showing compassion and empathy during consultations and at every stage of your surgery process
- Delivering an outstanding patient experience at every point of contact
- Operating in genuine Hospitals
- Using seasoned Anaesthetists
- Building and maintaining premier facilities and technologies
- Offering patients high-tech planning aids and guides
- Offering 3D imaging (Crisolix and Vectra), high tech BMI scales, the latest in scar management and more
- Managing our brand and reputation – online and in our community
- Our commitment to continuous education, continuous service improvement and growth
- A focus on learning and professional development including attending advanced educational conferences in Plastic Surgery and contributing to cosmetic and plastic surgery industry conferences
- Best practice patient education, marketing and promotional activities
- Creating systems and following processes with attention to detail
- Helping you during your post-op recovery
- Excellent post-operation follow up care, Rapid Recovery aids and best-practice care Guidelines and Protocols
It’s important to understand that all invasive surgery involves:
- risks or potential complications
- scars that tend to mature over 12 months or longer before fully settling
- healing times (recovery downtime including time off work, heavy lifting or exercising).
There are also several ways to cover cosmetic plastic surgery costs:
- saving up in advance
- paying off your mortgage early then withdrawing the surgery amount (saves on interest while you’re saving)
- using a divorce settlement or bereavement settlement
- early withdrawal of your Super Fund for compassionate medical reasons (body contouring after weight loss, breast reduction)
- other financial resources
Perhaps, however, the most important consideration for your plastic surgery operation is WHO you will choose to TRUST to perform the procedure.
- That’s where highly experienced talented FRACS (Plast) Specialist Plastic Surgeons are worth exploring.
- At our Plastic Surgery group in Melbourne, Australia, we have over 5 FRACS (Plas) Specialists to choose from for breast surgery or body contouring procedures; plus several peer-respected Plastic Surgeons and Eyelid experts for Face Surgery (e.g., Facelift, Rhinoplasty or Eyelid surgery).
- There are a variety of different Surgeons and different types of cosmetic operations available in accredited Melbourne and Sydney Hospitals.
Custom Planning, Surgery Extras and Follow-Up Included
When you consider the cost of plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery procedures in Melbourne, remember that not every quote is a direct comparison.
- You want surgery, and you want value; but remember, surgery is often a once-off purchase and you will face your choices in the mirror every day for the rest of your life.
- So choose your Specialist Surgeon carefully.
- We also have a strong commitment to patient education, informed consent and scientifically advanced surgical aftercare.
- The satisfaction of our patient’s with their cosmetic surgery results is very important to our team.
Because of our customised cosmetic plastic surgery planning and patient care excellence protocols, including the first year of follow up after surgery, we are renowned for patient service excellence at all stages of the surgery journey.
We are very proud of our excellent surgery outcomes and our patients are often very open to sharing their successful surgery stories with others (ask how to meet former patients by attending one of our free monthly events).
Our Surgeons also have a strong commitment to Advanced Education, and regularly attend the latest Australian Plastic Surgery and International Plastic Surgery Research Conferences.
What makes our Team of Melbourne Specialist Surgeons Different
- Our Melbourne and Sydney Surgeons offer natural-looking, high-quality breast implants and breast augmentation surgery as well as Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck surgery.
- Each Surgeon has areas of surgical interest and expertise such as Rhinoplasty, Breasts and Tummy Tucks or Eyelid Procedures and Facelifts.
- All are highly regarded for their honest communication, empathetic manners and dedication to custom planning and artisan surgical skills.
- They also have high tech scar minimisation approaches to help you end up with as minimal a scar as is feasible (and you will need to follow our protocols and not smoke, but this can go a long way to improving your scar appearance after a tummy tuck, Brachioplasty or breast procedure).
About our leading Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeons and their Melbourne Support Teams: Different Types of Surgeons are not equal
- If you’ve been doing some research about Surgeons for cosmetic or plastic surgery procedures, you’ll be aware of the differences in qualifications, training and experience levels between highly-qualified Plastic Surgeons with FRACS membership and “Specialist” qualifications and other types of doctors who operate.
- Specialist Plastic Surgeons only gain the protected medical title after completing a minimum of about 12 years of surgery (or more) – our Surgeons have decades of experience in cosmetic surgery procedures and Specialist Qualifications.
Does it matter which Type of Surgeon I choose?
There are many types of surgeons currently permitted to perform cosmetic procedures and various surgeries. (If you want more information, read our best Plastic Surgery Blog articles about the differences and how to choose the best surgeon for your procedure and your aims, as well as how the Medical Board is discussing making changes to help protect consumers from the potential harms of overseas medical tourism or unmonitored ‘back-room’ procedures.
People who offer surgery might be anything from a General Surgeon to a Cosmetic Surgeon or general medical practitioner (GPs) to a Specialist Surgeon. That’s why it’s important to check to be sure your selected Surgeon is a Specialist with extensive training in Plastic and Cosmetic Procedures.
Cost of Plastic Surgery: What’s in a quote?
Our quotes are inclusive, whereas many ‘cheap surgery’ option offers actually only include part of the surgery and patients have been surprised at what they end up paying.
So be sure to find out what your quotes actually cover and who is actually operating, with what anaesthetic, and where (hospital for safety? Or a back room that isn’t being monitored?) Before you make a surgery decision based on price. Our Surgeons want you to feel comfortable with all aspects of your surgical decisions and procedure information. They promise to do all they can to assist you in understanding their role – and your role – in having a good cosmetic surgery experience and satisfactory result.
So they go out of their way to help you understand the potential outcomes (as well as what surgery cannot do) and the risks of a procedure, as well as how to maximise your recovery and healing journey.
Best Practice and Quality Care: Patient support before, after and during your Surgical and Healing Journey
- We understand that having the right team to support you through your surgical journey is crucial to providing expert advice and patient care excellence.
- In addition to our leading team of elite Plastic Surgeons, our Patient Support Team includes highly experienced Patient Coordinators, Registered Nurses, and Clinical Dermal Therapists for pre-op information and post-op healing and recovery support.
The Team Approach for Complex Patient Needs
Our leading Team of Surgeons also works together for complex procedures and selected Revision surgeries. They share advanced knowledge to help facilitate individual surgery experiences and healing and recovery. And best of all, they know exactly how to minimise your post-op scars.
Our Surgery Team approach helps ensure the best possible outcomes for your Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery experience, particularly for complex Revisional procedures or combined procedures such as Body Lift surgeries.*
Our primary aim is to help you have an excellent surgical journey and the best results for your surgery goals
Experience, Qualifications and Training of Surgeons are not equal
Always Choose a highly experienced and fully qualified Plastic Surgeon with accredited Hospital operating privileges
It’s important to be sure your Surgeon has a high level of experience AND the right qualifications and membership associations, including the ability to operate in a fully accredited hospital (not just a back room).
Be sure to ask these important questions of your Surgeon, including if they are a member of the top organisations for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons.
You’ll relax knowing you’re in the hands of highly-trained, extensively experienced Surgeons
Are you feeling nervous about taking the next step to have a Surgery you have wanted for many years or even decades?
All surgery experiences and patients are unique, but all of our Surgeons are specialists in their fields of Surgery. They each have over 20 years or more experience and have mastered and advanced surgical techniques to help you get the best possible results from each procedure. We also fully customise the procedure for you.
Disclaimer: Results will vary from patient to patient. So use the BEFORE and AFTER images only as a general overview of what might be accomplished – your results will be individual to you, your procedure choices, and your Surgeon – they can vary significantly from another patient results even if you feel your BEFORE image may look similar to that of another patient.
Peace of mind is important and so is having realistic expectations
We find that our patients often have greater peace of mind after discussing their Surgical Options and appearance goals with one of our Team of highly experienced Plastic Surgeon Specialists. That’s because our Surgeons are devoted to getting the best results possible for each and every individual patient and procedure.*
This peace of mind our Patients appreciate comes from knowing that your Plastic Surgeons are highly qualified and extensively experienced in the procedures you have chosen to undertake. Our Surgeons have extensive training and surgical qualifications as well as over two decades and more of advanced surgical experience. Not years, but decades of experience.
Our Team will also provide you with practical advice and procedure descriptions to help you understand what the BEST procedure — or which combined procedures — will be best to help you meet your specific appearance modification aims.
Our Highly-Experienced Team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons are dedicated to providing excellent Patient Care experiences and long-lasting, pleasing surgery outcomes.
Our Surgeons are also renowned for their precise surgical skills and their extensive experience in the procedures they offer patients.
Starting your Surgical Journey – A Step by Step Overview
- The first step to your transformation is to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons
- Not sure who to choose? Speak with a friendly Patient Care Coordinator or arrange a free consultation with one of the Surgeon’s nurses.
- Bring some friends along and attend one of our free practice events to meet some of our leading Plastic Surgeons, our eyelid lift specialist and Anti-Aging Injectables team.
- Find out more by sending a confidential Enquiry form today to a Patient Care Coordinator.
- At your consultation with your Surgeon, you will discuss your personal surgery expectations (your ideal outcomes) and what surgery or combined procedures will help you get the results you are looking for
- It is important that you and your Surgeon discuss what’s realistic in terms of your expectations as well as what’s required in terms of procedures, healing times and post-operative scar minimisation using Fraxel
- Your Surgeon will affirm whether your desired outcome is actually achievable through the Surgery you are seeking, and if so, to help you to have realistic expectations about what is — or isn’t — attainable through surgical or non-surgical procedures — before you proceed.
- You’ll discuss details of the procedure and what to expect.
- It is important to bring up any concerns you may have about the procedure, and that you feel comfortable with your selections or surgery choices.
It is important for your selected Surgeon to best understand exactly what you are hoping to achieve through your Surgery journey.
Your Specialist Plastic Surgeon will discuss with you how to best achieve this and whether this is a realistic outcome for your specific body shape.
- Based on the detailed information you provide to your Surgeon about what you are wanting to achieve, your Plastic Surgeon can then provide tailored procedure recommendations for achieving the best results for your appearance goals.
- You will also be given a Quote estimate of pricing should you be interested in proceeding with your procedure.
Important: Every patient is different and some aspects of surgery are unpredictable; plus, surgery carries risks.
Our Plastic Surgery Consultation Clinic Locations in Melbourne
Our Surgeons primarily see patients in our warm, luxurious boutique-style Hawthorn East Clinic. There is plenty of parking on-site or free street parking (up to 2 hours) conveniently nearby.
Our highly experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeons attract patients from a broad area in Victoria and the surrounding regions.
At our Hawthorn Clinic, we see patients from Melbourne CBD, Melbourne’s inner suburbs, inner eastern suburbs, North Melbourne, Albert Park, St Kilda, Kew, Hawthorn, Toorak, Deepdene, South Yarra, Glen Iris, Brighton, Beaumaris, Sandringham, Elwood, Eltham, Balwyn, Bulleen, Ivanhoe, McLeod, Rosanna, and Heidelberg as well as from the Mornington Peninsula and regional Victoria.
However, we have satellite clinics in Berwick.
Our Surgeons operate in several top-rated Australian Accredited Private Hospitals.
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Ask about the potential for a Skype call consultation with a Plastic Surgeon (if you are living remotely from Melbourne or Sydney)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Plastic Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator.
If you’re looking for a genuine Plastic Surgeon, with top skills and a caring manner, you’ve found one of Melbourne’s largest groups of highly-respected Specialist Plastic Surgeons – who change lives! Send an enquiry form today or phone 1300 264 811 and ask for a Patient Care Coordinator or register to attend a Melbourne event (held monthly) – get to know our Surgeons and their team.
It’s important to recognise that results can vary from person to person and that surgery is not always the only solution. That noted some procedures can go a long way in restoring balance and body confidence, as well as to minimise scars or correct facial deformities or severe asymmetry.